Sponsored

[HELP] Lowering Springs on 20"s

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Hello,

I would like to installed lowering springs and so far there is a wide range to chose from. But I'm not sure how I can go about prepping before I make the purchase.

As of right now, I can stick 2 fingers between the wheel and rear fender, where as I can stick 3 fingers between the wheel and FRONT fender. Am I the only one with the issue? How can I go about getting an even look?

Also, I currently have 20" wheels with a sidewall width of 35. It's a harsher ride than driving with the OEM 18" Premium wheels that came with my 2015 Mustang. What kind of ride quality should I expect after installing the lowering springs with the 20" wheels on?

Example:

Sponsored

OP
OP

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Also, please provide your input if you live in a area which has shitty roads which are infested with pothole.

OP
OP

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
What are your front and rear wheel and tire sizes.

That is a big key in determining.
20x8.5 +25 offset all around with 255/35/20 General G Max AS03 tires

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
nobody has the setup you are looking for (yet). I'm in the same boat. You could buy both eibach kits and use sportline springs in the front and pro in the rear, or wait for the upcoming kits from BMR or Steeda.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I just got the pro kit this weekend from need 4 speed and i love it. It's not slammed and it drives just a but more stiff, which is not a bad thing.

OP
OP

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
nobody has the setup you are looking for (yet). I'm in the same boat. You could buy both eibach kits and use sportline springs in the front and pro in the rear, or wait for the upcoming kits from BMR or Steeda.
I'm not even sure what setup I'm going for. According to the research I did, either the Steeda or Eibach springs are the only ones which had the 1.1" drop in the front and 1.0" in the back, which is what I want as the front sits a little higher than the back. According to what I read on my threads within this subforum, this is standard with all ecoboosts (I guess the engine is much lighter?).

I just got the pro kit this weekend from need 4 speed and i love it. It's not slammed and it drives just a but more stiff, which is not a bad thing.
Although I have 20", I also have a +25 offset for a flushed look. I'm not sure if I drop and and the wheels and fenders will rub if I ever were to hit a bump. I just want to make sure I have clearance to drop it without any issues with my wheels.

BobbyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT
I thought that the Steeda springs were 1" all around?

OP
OP

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I thought that the Steeda springs were 1" all around?
Yes I just confirmed, its the Eibach pro which has 1.1 drop in the front and the sportline which has a 1.5 front and 1.3 rear drop.

What I want to know is, if I buy the pro kit with my wheel set up of 20x8.5 with +25 offset, will I face any rubbing with the fenders? Because I do not want to roll my fenders out :(

Sponsored

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why Need4Speed? Good prices?

It looks like AM Muscle and CJ Pony have them for $244. I think each is running a 5% off coupon, so around $232 for the Eibachs.

OP
OP

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I'm not even sure what setup I'm going for. According to the research I did, either the Steeda or Eibach springs are the only ones which had the 1.1" drop in the front and 1.0" in the back, which is what I want as the front sits a little higher than the back. According to what I read on my threads within this subforum, this is standard with all ecoboosts (I guess the engine is much lighter?).

Although I have 20", I also have a +25 offset for a flushed look. I'm not sure if I drop and and the wheels and fenders will rub if I ever were to hit a bump. I just want to make sure I have clearance to drop it without any issues with my wheels.
Bump?
Sponsored