Sponsored

C&D: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Instrumented Test

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Not even close. My base ecoboost with PP and Recaros STICKERED for under $30k...where can I get a GT for that? Also, it wouldn't have PP or recaros, so it's still a non-starter for me.
Mine was 35k. More than a base gt. I just chose interior upgrades over the coyote motor. I don't think you could go wrong either way. I personally just decided I wanted more luxury and creature comforts vs the extra horsepower. Then again a $500 tune gets me awfully close and I still have the premium features..
Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
I paid 27100 for my PP 6speed... recaros are what, 1800? That's under 29k

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Please keep in mind.... Some of us weren't trying to even compare the two models. I just wanted a RWD turbo car, so the GT wasn't an interest.

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I got my Ecoboost for 26 with auto trans, GT wasn't an option for price, economy and weight. The car is stock now, but in a year I'll have a 400hp RWD car that weights 3400 lbs. As far as I'm concerned the GT would not really work for us.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ford Racing has an engine reflash coming later this year that will bring a yet-to-be-specified power bump covered by warranty.
close to 350-ish like the new Focus RS which has the same engine, calling it now!

Sponsored

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Everyone's goal is not to have a base GT. ..
Everyone's goal isn't to not have a base GT.

You can get in on a base GT for just under $30K, if you know where to deal and add the Ford rebate.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Everyone's goal isn't to not have a base GT.

You can get in on a base GT for just under $30K, if you know where to deal and add the Ford rebate.
what?

Many of us simply wanted an EB for many reasons so just because a GT can be had for 30k doesnt mean everyone paying anything more than 30k on their mustang should just get a base GT

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
what?

Many of us simply wanted an EB for many reasons so just because a GT can be had for 30k doesnt mean everyone paying anything more than 30k on their mustang should just get a base GT
Are you talking to me? I didn't say everyone should get a base GT.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
So what were you implying when you said that by the time you got performance package and recaro seats you could have had a GT?

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
So what were you implying when you said that by the time you got performance package and recaro seats you could have had a GT?
don't mind these GT dudes

I traded my 600whp 2014 GT in on my ecoboost
V8's aren't for everyone.......

:ford:

Sponsored

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Has anyone actually took the ecoboost model to the scales to see how much it weighs? Particularly interested in the PP model. Ford states 3520 lbs and now this article is claiming 100 more lbs. Perhaps it's a premium? After driving both the EB and the GT, I expect to see the EBMs be very competitive in STU and F Street autocross, whereas the GTs look like the better choice on a circuit and drag strip. This car feels nearly as nimble as my FRS, despite the weight.
Well PP adds larger brakes, larger wheels, larger tires, and more bracing. I imagine that's where most of the 100 lbs comes from.

Before I got my car, I test drove a base auto. Shipping weight was listed as low 3400. I can't believe that leather weighs 100 lbs...

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Premium package adds a lot of extra boxes. Computers, extra wiring, leather multi-way power seats. All that adds up. Premium eco's weigh about 3600-3700 according to C&D's scales. Mine, scale verified, performance pack, recaros, MT, again is only 3450 with less than 1/4 tank of gas.
Sponsored