2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Last edited:

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Highly doubt the TTV6.
It's an expensive motor and heavy I believe.
So it wouldn't make sense when you can just have the LT1 for the same price and weight. Not to mention the GM engines get pretty good mileage.

The transmission is another big no IMO.
I do believe the camaro will get the 7-speed with Rev matching found in the c7.
Same engine + same tranny = proven for GM so why risk going 8 speed... Especially with ford having the "10-speed" coming... I just think everyones expecting some super car out of the camaro release. Remember it can't surpass the corvettes spec, because that would be just dumb.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Highly doubt the TTV6.
So it wouldn't make sense when you can just have the LT1 for the same price and weight. Not to mention the GM engines get pretty good mileage.

Same engine + same tranny = proven for GM so why risk going 8 speed... Especially with ford having the "10-speed" coming... I just think everyones expecting some super car out of the camaro release. Remember it can't surpass the corvettes spec, because that would be just dumb.
I feel like LS engines get a rep for being fuel efficient because they're usually referenced in their Corvette application. In something like a Camaro, they get typical big-V8 fuel efficiency.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Highly doubt the TTV6.

Yeah the TTV6 was me dreaming. But the Camaro LT1 could get the same power numbers if they decide to bump the power in the new MY Vette. But more than likely it will be tuned down a tad. Still not convinced the Camaro will get a Turbo 4.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the TTV6 was me dreaming. But the Camaro LT1 could get the same power numbers if they decide to bump the power in the new MY Vette. But more than likely it will be tuned down a tad. Still not convinced the Camaro will get a Turbo 4.
I hope not. A TTV6 will come, just maybe In 4-5 years. Whatever Chevy has planned, I honestly hope they produce some big numbers. Only because that will make ford step up the game with the mustang.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I feel like LS engines get a rep for being fuel efficient because they're usually referenced in their Corvette application. In something like a Camaro, they get typical big-V8 fuel efficiency.
Agreed. The LS engines are generally shorter than the DOHC's and in many cases lighter - but they are not more efficient. I like the LS series though, a bit lazy for my personal taste (the LS7 was somewhat of an an exception) but great torque and decent sound (Coyote is more free revving/feels way more silky and sounds better, though not in my car with the factory exhaust!).

Same difference between the V6 in the Camaro and the Cyclone engine. The Camaro V6 though, unlike the LS engine, sucks big time.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
New engines for the 2016 Cadillacs. Two V6''s.
http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...r/0320-cadillac/0320-cadillac-twin-turbo.html

Will these be the low and mid-range engines for the new Camaro? They will also be mated to an 8L45 eight speed transmission. Maybe they scrapped the turbo 4?

Base Camaro-V6
Mid Camaro-TTV6
SS Camaro-LT1

My interest has perked up a little.
I have a feeling that Chevy might make their 4 cylinder the entry model while making the V6 their mid. Wouldnt surprise me. V6 would be more popular with the guys and the 4 with the ladies.

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Anyone catch this from the press release:

"The clean-sheet engine design is the fourth generation of GM’s acclaimed DOHC V-6 engine family"

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a feeling that Chevy might make their 4 cylinder the entry model while making the V6 their mid. Wouldnt surprise me. V6 would be more popular with the guys and the 4 with the ladies.
:lol:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
New engines for the 2016 Cadillacs. Two V6''s.
http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...r/0320-cadillac/0320-cadillac-twin-turbo.html

Will these be the low and mid-range engines for the new Camaro? They will also be mated to an 8L45 eight speed transmission. Maybe they scrapped the turbo 4?

Base Camaro-V6
Mid Camaro-TTV6
SS Camaro-LT1

My interest has perked up a little.
Yeah, the TTV6 was me dreaming. I assume it will be this line-up:
2.0T--272HP/295TQ (ATS engine, maybe bump it up to Ecoboost level in HP)
3.6 V6--335HP/284TQ
6.2 LT1 V8--(est.)450HP/450TQ (or same as Vette 460HP/465TQ)

Only time will tell...

Last edited:

Sponsored

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Could we still see a LS3 in the new Camaro? They still use it in the new SS sedan...

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Could we still see a LS3 in the new Camaro? They still use it in the new SS sedan...
SS is selling terribadly, so not likely. Plus the Camaro will have a much larger affect on CAFE, so the LT1 with its higher efficiency is a much more likely choice.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
The LT1 has already been confirmed. Just no numbers yet.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Kill the 5.0. This will be a faster car than the existing GT in a significant way. Sounds crazy, but few would have imagined the V8 being killed from the F150 lineup a few years ago, and also, a lot of enthusiasts (no less) on this forum are trumpeting the torque of the turbo 2.3L Ecoboost with mods, I can only imagine they will embrace the 2.7TT V6 with open arms...
The Coyote 5.0 is in no danger of being dropped from the Mustang or the F-150 anytime in the forseeable future.

The 6.2 was the only V8 engine not carried over from the previous (12th) generation F-150. The 4.6 and 5.4 V8s were not carried over from the 11th to 12th generation. The 5.0 is still available in the F-150.

Even if Ford offers the 2.7 and/or 3.5 V6 engines in the Mustang, a V8 of some kind will be an option. Paul Seredynski (Ford Global Powertrain Technology Communications Manager) explicitly denied a false report that Ford would phase out the V8 from the Mustang engine lineup in this interview: Link
Sponsored