Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
That Ruby Red GT has the window sticker still on it. Bad test drive...
You're right! That's the GT from Illinois right outside of Chicago where the dealer allowed a 16 year old kid to test drive it unsupervised (Red Foreman from "That 70's Show" would be proud!) :frusty:

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Someone enlighten me. Say a guy wants to test drive, and smashes it like the Ruby Red above. What happens? Dealers insurance covers it or does the dealer sue the guy who drove it?

Sponsored

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
You're right! That's the GT from Illinois right outside of Chicago where the dealer allowed a 16 year old kid to test drive it unsupervised (Red Foreman from "That 70's Show" would be proud!) :frusty:
That shows some true "brilliance" on the dealers part. Wow

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
That car is on eBay, actually- or, at least it was a few days ago...:tsk:

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Someone enlighten me. Say a guy wants to test drive, and smashes it like the Ruby Red above. What happens? Dealers insurance covers it or does the dealer sue the guy who drove it?
I believe it depends. There are alot of factors. If you are required to provide proof of insurance or sign a waiver before the test drive, your insurance has to cover it. Dealerships have insurance on the cars on their lot, so in the event a person couldnt pay, the dealerships insurance would cover it. In the event proof of coverage isnt shown nor a waiver signed before the test drive, There is still nothing preventing from trying to hold you responsible unless there is a state law restricting that route of action.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I believe it depends. There are alot of factors. If you are required to provide proof of insurance or sign a waiver before the test drive, your insurance has to cover it. Dealerships have insurance on the cars on their lot, so in the event a person couldnt pay, the dealerships insurance would cover it. In the event proof of coverage isnt shown nor a waiver signed before the test drive, There is still nothing preventing from trying to hold you responsible unless there is a state law restricting that route of action.
Whenever I test drove, they just took a photocopy of my drivers license. I didnt sign anything. I'm assuming in Canada the dealers insurance will cover the damage.

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Whenever I test drove, they just took a photocopy of my drivers license. I didnt sign anything. I'm assuming in Canada the dealers insurance will cover the damage.
Thats all i had to do in california too. I assume their insurance covers it but i dont think there is anything stopping them from trying to make you pay unless you make them sign a waiver :p
"If i do dumb things and crash, i may not be held responsible for any damages caused by F.M.C, or any other 3rd party associated with or involved in any way with F.M.C. F.M.C will be held financially responsible for all damages caused to anything that got in my way"
Bwahahaha

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
When I talked to my insurance before going for test drives, the dealer is responsible 100% according to them because it's their car.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
There's a common theme to most of these. PP/Summer Tires.

Only the yellow V6 has normal tires and I bet that's a rental.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
As much as it hurts seeing these beautiful cars all smashed up I like seeing the pictures of the inner structures.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Not totalled?! Should have fought the insurance over that!!

What a killer sight considering I also have a PP EB in DIB

jasonc0604

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus SE "Slocus"
But the bigger question is whether or not he has white or blue smoke coming from his exhaust and/or a CEL.
Sponsored