Sponsored

What Octane Gas Are You Using?

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Go to a different dealer... That dealer obviously has no idea what they are talking about. Our cars have wideband sensors that detect misfire and knock and adjust timing accordingly. If the dealer thinks you shouldn't be putting 91 octane in your turbo car then they don't deserve customers.
Sponsored

Firststang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic grey mustang 5.0 gt
I run 93 in my 5.0 every day. Stay away from any gas arco sells, it's waterd down.
Your ecoboost will actually get better mileage and more horsepower from 93 octane. Run from that service department. I wouldn'tet them put air in my tires after a bs line like that.

2015 mustang gt premium manual
Magnetic grey

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
magna all day

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I use 92 wherever I can get it the cheapest. Usually costco or SAMs club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I run 93 in my 5.0 every day. Stay away from any gas arco sells, it's waterd down.
Your ecoboost will actually get better mileage and more horsepower from 93 octane. Run from that service department. I wouldn'tet them put air in my tires after a bs line like that.

2015 mustang gt premium manual
Magnetic grey
Going to start putting in 94 Octane, wonder how that will improve over 93.

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
93 octane since my first fill. I think the dealer put 87 in it.

Pabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost

I've been using Shell V-power with the occasional chevron 91, my car is close to 6k miles and I haven't had an issue with it. If I could I would use 93, but california lol. Like some mentioned before, it shouldn't be your gas at all unless using crappy gas. Good luck!!!

jrowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBeast
I've been using Shell V-power with the occasional chevron 91, my car is close to 6k miles and I haven't had an issue with it. If I could I would use 93, but california lol. Like some mentioned before, it shouldn't be your gas at all unless using crappy gas. Good luck!!!
I've been told (by a fairly experienced racing car technician... doesn't seem right to call them mechanics anymore) that Shell is the WORST gas in CA becuase of the additives. Causes frequent pinging. He recommends Valero or Chevron.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I've been told (by a fairly experienced racing car technician... doesn't seem right to call them mechanics anymore) that Shell is the WORST gas in CA becuase of the additives. Causes frequent pinging. He recommends Valero or Chevron.
All of my EcoBoost cars have ran like crap on Shell and I'd pick up negative corrections with it frequently. I quit running it and BP because of that. I use Valero or Sunoco almost all of the time now. I prefer Valero, but for whatever reason, it's always $0.20/gallon higher than the 93 every where else around here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
93 since the first fill up. My dealership filled it up before I got there to pick her up and it's my fault I should have asked them not to. There is definitely a difference between 87 and 93 with how she runs.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anywhere from 93 to 110 lately I'd say somewhere in the 97-100 range since I have been going to track so much
Sponsored