2015 EB Mustang

clrsky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Race Red
Any updates on progress of Fab? These are taking a long time to fab???

OP
OP
Forza Aerospace

Forza Aerospace

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Any updates on progress of Fab? These are taking a long time to fab???
Pretty standard manufacturing time for a product like this. You have the sheet metal bending, turning the fittings, welding, and then anodizing. Welding will be done in early April and then off to plating.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Forza Aerospace

Forza Aerospace

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Can't wait!!!!!
Please add me to the list. Let's get to 20 soon.
I can't wait either, but we're getting closer!! :clap2:

I added you to the list. We lost a couple of guys who decided they didn't want to wait until April. Unfortunate, but I think we can still get to 20!

OP
OP
Forza Aerospace

Forza Aerospace

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
UPDATE!

I wanted to let you guys know that the sheet metal parts are complete and inspected. Everything looks good and once the hose fittings/cap cylinder arrive the tank will be welded together! :cheers:

The .100" sheet metal is intentionally offset .050" to allow full root penetration during welding... you will never know once the tank is welded together.
Coolant Tank 1.jpg
Coolant Tank 2.jpg
Coolant Tank 3.jpg
Coolant Tank 4.jpg
Coolant Tank 5.jpg
Coolant Tank 6.jpg
Coolant Tank 7.jpg

OP
OP
Forza Aerospace

Forza Aerospace

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Now that I'm a vendor I can upload some pictures that I've been waiting to share and give you a full update shortly. The tanks are currently being welded. They will be done and on to anodizing ASAP!

The cap adapter below has two internal diameters (with proper lead in chamfers) that are controlled to +/- .001" for a proper seal with the O-Ring. The Buttress threads are also very unique and something that I had never seen before. The specification that controls the thread profile is in German and had to be translated over to English to ensure everything was spot on. For now enjoy the new pictures! The bleeder hole ensures that the tank bleeds air exactly the same as the OEM tank.
20150430_105600_resized.jpg
20150430_105611_resized.jpg
20150430_105649_resized.jpg
20150430_105450_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Updates on the tanks?

OP
OP
Forza Aerospace

Forza Aerospace

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I wish I was updating you with good news, but unfortunately the welder we used was very careless when welding the tanks. Unlike powder coating, anodizing will not hide any surface imperfections. Not only did the welder scratch the surface, but also the welds are not in accordance with the engineering drawing.

For the above stated reasons we can’t accept his work which will significantly delay the project. I am in the process of refunding everybody their money as I believe it is unfair to make you wait any longer. We are trying out a few new welders, but if anybody knows any precision welders please pass their information along.

Pre-order pricing will still be available to those on the list once we have inventory. I sincerely apologize; I am very disappointed things turned out this way.

Sponsored

jtiedemann4

2015 Magnetic Mustang GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Possible Fix

I wish I was updating you with good news, but unfortunately the welder we used was very careless when welding the tanks. Unlike powder coating, anodizing will not hide any surface imperfections. Not only did the welder scratch the surface, but also the welds are not in accordance with the engineering drawing.

For the above stated reasons we can’t accept his work which will significantly delay the project. I am in the process of refunding everybody their money as I believe it is unfair to make you wait any longer. We are trying out a few new welders, but if anybody knows any precision welders please pass their information along.

Pre-order pricing will still be available to those on the list once we have inventory. I sincerely apologize; I am very disappointed things turned out this way.
if you would be interested you can ship one to me at the Company I work for and we can take a look at it, we can most likely fix the welds and re-grain the surface the remove the imperfections. BEGNEAUD MFG excels in precision welding of Alum & Stainless. I might be a better option instead of scrapping them. If you are interest PM me.

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have sent you a PM about this pre order cancellation. Please let me know when the paypal reversal will happen.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Has anyone gotten a refund yet? I checked my CC and still have not recieved mine.

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got mine today. I am super sad about these tanks not being built. There were the best looking on the market.
What is everyone going to buy now that Forza won't make this?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Still waiting on the refund. What is the hold up???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.