Sponsored

(resolved) Bad Experience from Brenspeed (Update Page 2- contacted)

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Dang, I have always had great experiences with Brenspeed over the years when I had my '07. Sucks to hear this. Seems some what common to hear stories like this. A shop/tuners reputation gets out there, then they seem to get overwhelmed and do not have the man power to keep up at times. Their customer base has likely expanded quite a bit over the years with their new shop and all.

I remember back in the day, the Brenspeed was the tune to have.
Totally agree, around 05-06 it was either Bama or Brenspeed usually lol

I dont think Brenspeed is overwhelmed. They just dont seem to care unless you're at one of their facilities in their face. Even emails to the shop were responded to by Brent. Now look at their social media pages, they never respond to customers, they arent on forums, and they dont really respond to emails really well from what others have been saying. They have their base of customers that visit their shop and Im sure that makes a lot of money for them. The rest of the time is spent racing their shop cars I guess.

Take the exact opposite of that, AM seems to have a heavy presence on forums, social media, and through other avenues to show what they do as a shop. I guess it sounds like being a fanboy but Ive watched their stuff and followed them on media just because I enjoy the content, until now I never really considered purchasing their tuning because Brenspeed was always the shop I would look to with my S197.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I did try calling Livernois a few times today but got dumped into a voicemail. lol When I called Bama, they spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with me addressing my questions and options. I like how they have a separate department number where you can talk to the actual tuners and not some guy behind a desk wanting to get your money (not implying Livernois does that). So they earned my business. Plus some other tuners were going to charge me almost 400 for a TUNE. No thanks, especially for a bone stock car. Ive been on Mustang boards enough to know that there hasnt been a 100 percent clean history for Bama , especially when Doug was their only tuner, but I like their business model today and they seem to have a LOT of satisfied customers. And plus, I have an almost stock car, not too hard to tune for. Either way, Im interested to see how their V2 Race Tune compares to the Brenspeed one I just ran.
Glad you have another tuner picked. Keep us posted on how things go.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Take the exact opposite of that, AM seems to have a heavy presence on forums, social media, and through other avenues to show what they do as a shop. I guess it sounds like being a fanboy but Ive watched their stuff and followed them on media just because I enjoy the content, until now I never really considered purchasing their tuning because Brenspeed was always the shop I would look to with my S197.
Social Media is a necessary evil in this day and age, regardless of your business or business model. With how quickly you can get info out to your customers, receive feedback, etc. it is a huge part of business in this day and age.

Look at Ford and all the presence they have on all the forums, Twitter, etc. I like a business that participates in these Social Media environments.

TonyN

SLO 5L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Totally agree, around 05-06 it was either Bama or Brenspeed usually lol

I dont think Brenspeed is overwhelmed. They just dont seem to care unless you're at one of their facilities in their face. Even emails to the shop were responded to by Brent. Now look at their social media pages, they never respond to customers, they arent on forums, and they dont really respond to emails really well from what others have been saying. They have their base of customers that visit their shop and Im sure that makes a lot of money for them. The rest of the time is spent racing their shop cars I guess.

Yep, exactly! That was back when Doug was running the Bamachips. BBR tunes started getting popular as well. Then the Bama/American muscle merge happened and thet seem to have been quite successful since. I have been out of the Mustang game for a couple years and things have changed. Kind of sitting back and absorbing the latest and the greatest info.

Let's us know how the new tune turns out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Just got off the phone/email with Brent from Brenspeed. They are making this right, and assured me that they are going to look into how they handle customer emails/interactions in the future.

Last edited:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I don't think this is a social media issue or anything. The customer comes first if you are a business, over in-house racing etc.

There is no excuse the tune wasn't done timely and it should've been first in line to get done immediately the next day after the first time the time frame was missed (badly missed).

ARH missed by purchase order made by Beef (a true accident) and my system wasn't built by the timeframe given. I was called immediately by one of the owners who personally apologized and said it was put first in line ahead of custom and all other orders on Friday and would ship Tuesday. It was on the line the next day and shipped out as promised as soon as it was done yesterday. That's how you do CS when there is a mistake.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I don't think this is a social media issue or anything. The customer comes first if you are a business, over in-house racing etc.

There is no excuse the tune wasn't done timely and it should've been first in line to get done immediately the next day after the first time the time frame was missed (badly missed).

ARH missed by purchase order made by Beef (a true accident) and my system wasn't built by the timeframe given. I was called immediately by one of the owners who personally apologized and said it was put first in line ahead of custom and all other orders on Friday and would ship Tuesday. It was on the line the next day and shipped out as promised as soon as it was done yesterday. That's how you do CS when there is a mistake.

Had a very similiar experience. Brent, the owner called me directly and made things right.
Sponsored