Sponsored

First GT350R Mustangs spotted on the line

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
I thought R wasn't getting chrome tips, only the black tips along with GT350 Track Package?
Im pretty sure the black tips are for show cars only. They did the same thing with the ecoboost and GT during the autoshow season.
Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
FYI.. Topnotch knows more than anyone on this site.
That's wonderful...if its true, but the car in the photo; in question, is a regular GT350 ..LOOK at the wheels, those are not carbon fiber wheels those are the regular GT350 wheels...and guess what?...it has "Red Caliber" Those are the fact.
Your your smartest man theory has some wholes in it. NO offense (TOPNOTCH) I know you are not one tooting your own horn.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's wonderful...if its true, but the car in the photo; in question, is a regular GT350 ..LOOK at the wheels, those are not carbon fiber wheels those are the regular GT350 wheels...and guess what?...it has "Red Caliber" Those are the fact.
Your your smartest man theory has some wholes in it. NO offense (TOPNOTCH) I know you are not one tooting your own horn.
We are still at least half a year out of production. Topnotch has been on this site and has had some of the best renders and info since day #1. Im willing to bet this is a GT350R show car that hasnt been fitted with its wing or the correct wheels yet.

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
We are still at least half a year out of production. Topnotch has been on this site and has had some of the best renders and info since day #1. Im willing to bet this is a GT350R show car that hasnt been fitted with its wing or the correct wheels yet.
Whatever....I don't really care...but I have never read a release, or OPT. that said the RED brakes are standard on the "R", or that the "R" is the only one getting the red brakes.

2nd..I do not see the reason to have standard GT350 rims on a "R" what purpose would this serve? What Ford ran out of rims for the "R"..come on!

3rd where did you read that only show cars get chrome tips?

Listen I do not want to argue its pointless, but i would be nice to still with the fact. I'm finished on this thread....thanks for the cool photo's

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
2nd..I do not see the reason to have standard GT350 rims on a "R" what purpose would this serve? What Ford ran out of rims for the "R"..come on!

To get the car down the assembly line without risking damage to the CF wheels, or that production of the CF wheels is very slow and they are only installed when the cars are complete.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
The CF wheels probably aren't even close to full speed production yet. Using placeholder wheels makes sense.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
They stated a awhile ago That liquid was show car only
Yes, understood. They also stated they were gauging interest. Can you point to any proof that they are absolutely not going to offer it?

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Just a technical update... The wheels are actually going to be Carbon-Alloy. Faster to mass produce with many of the benefits of a full CF Wheel.

I did read that the calipers were going to be red, with red badging and pinstripes on the "R". When I find that I'll share it.

Sponsored

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever....I don't really care...but I have never read a release, or OPT. that said the RED brakes are standard on the "R", or that the "R" is the only one getting the red brakes.

3rd where did you read that only show cars get chrome tips?

Listen I do not want to argue its pointless, but i would be nice to still with the fact. I'm finished on this thread....thanks for the cool photo's
I read somewhere that the r will have red accents in the badging, pinstriping and on brake calipers. We are yet to see a normal gt350 with red calipers on it.

Also, for the chrome tips.. They had black tips on the mustang GT and ecoboost preproduction and show cars. They never made it to production on those cars and likely wont on the GT350 as they conduct more heat.. Thats not a good thing on a track car.

Keep in mind there are plenty of things that have not been finalized yet such as pricing, final engine tune, horsepower...even options and some things wont be finalized until a few days before production starts

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Just a technical update... The wheels are actually going to be Carbon-Alloy. Faster to mass produce with many of the benefits of a full CF Wheel.

I did read that the calipers were going to be red, with red badging and pinstripes on the "R". When I find that I'll share it.

I remember watching an episode on TV involving these wheels. They are definitely carbon fiber, but the manufacturer did mention a new way to produce these carbon fiber wheels. Maybe they came up with the Carbon-alloy moniker to put a name to this new process. It is possible they used that phrasing in the show and I don't remember it.

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I'm guessing these are still prototypes but Lethal just posted these up. Might be show cars?

10999408_898316896866343_9201979096708637009_n_zps16zlyo7o.jpg

11028716_898322640199102_1798595670277280224_n_zpsqs7od7nn.jpg
Whats with the blue inside section (hub) and the black outer section of the wheel rim on the red car? Is it a rust proofer or something sprayed on the rim? I quite like the look of it actually and don't care whether it's on a Gt350 or GT350R, I just wanna know where I can get it to put on my GT.

Or is this car like that gold & white dress vs the blue & black dress doing the rounds on the news tonight?

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
I remember watching an episode on TV involving these wheels. They are definitely carbon fiber, but the manufacturer did mention a new way to produce these carbon fiber wheels. Maybe they came up with the Carbon-alloy moniker to put a name to this new process. It is possible they used that phrasing in the show and I don't remember it.

You can do a search on "Jay Leno's Garage" videos and find that wheel and the Makers discussing the benefits of that design. If it were a true all Carbon Fiber design they would not be able to make them cheap simply because the autoclave process involved is cost prohibitive.

These would be the Flow-formed equivalent in the Carbon world... Where the production costs are less and the time to delivery is faster. The CR9's are the wheels that are coming on the "R". These wheels are processed Carbon Poly-Alloy wheel. These are not pre-preg custom wheels like you would find on the Koenigsegg's "One" which are hand laid and autoclave process baked. Those would be even lighter at maybe 10lbs each and stiffer, But cost what one full set of four CR9's would for just one wheel.

In this video it does mention that they will be going to market on an OEM manufacturer within the year. We all know who that Manufacturer is....

This is all very exciting... since the use of this Carbon Poly-alloy can very well find its way into body panels and subframing that will make future iterations of cars even lighter and stronger. And do it all for far less costs. It would not be a surprise to see a future mustang with a carbon tub like the Alpha 4c uses. Which is where a push from an innovations driven Ford Performance division would be targeting. The Aluminum sub-frame Raptor is just the tip of the iceberg.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Whats with the blue inside section (hub) and the black outer section of the wheel rim on the red car? Is it a rust proofer or something sprayed on the rim? I quite like the look of it actually and don't care whether it's on a Gt350 or GT350R, I just wanna know where I can get it to put on my GT.

Or is this car like that gold & white dress vs the blue & black dress doing the rounds on the news tonight?
I'm not thinking that the front wheels would fit on a GT because of the wider front fenders of the GT350/R. The offsets would be different.
Sponsored