Sponsored

Everything you wanted to know about Sync 3

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang

Saw this on the fast lane car youtube channel, tought I'd share. Worth the wait for 2016 MY in my opinion.

[ame]

Another video (courtesy of Blade007):

[ame]
Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
really nice

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Other than the app integration -- which I don't necessarily see the point of, since who's streaming internet audio with a data cap, but whatever -- I don't really see how this system is improved over the current My Ford Touch. And a capacative touch screen can't be used with gloves in the winter time.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Who drives their mustang with gloves on??

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Other than the app integration -- which I don't necessarily see the point of, since who's streaming internet audio with a data cap, but whatever -- I don't really see how this system is improved over the current My Ford Touch. And a capacative touch screen can't be used with gloves in the winter time.
Sure it can, I use gloves with my iPhone. The catch? You just need special gloves.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
The north face is the only gloves I've seen that are compatible with capacitive touch screens.

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Wont matter to me.. I bought my Mustang to drive dont really care about the tech. Main reason i went with the Performance Pack and the Turbo. As long as i have a radio and an ipod jack im good!

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Lol at 4:05, he says the house number and it just sits. He follows up with 'This system... is very responsive'.

Just give me a hybrid iOS/Android (or even user-specified) pass-through interface and stop with all this garbage bloat. Please. Just transparently display my phone for Nav/Audio/Phone and use a straight forward command for climate. Futureproof and trouble-free. You can even charge whatever you want for it.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'm not going to lie, if you can't set a background wallpaper (which based on this video, it looks like you can't), I would really miss that. I love looking at my wallpaper every time I use my car.

Also seems like you get more info on the current home screen? The home screen as presented above is very blah.

Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
It certainly seems more responsive than the current one, but that UI is HORRIBLE.

If this is what the production system is going to look like, I am glad I don't have it.

Hopefully they let you change the theme at least... that white looks really out of place and distracting.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I just want app-link :(

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Personally, I only stream audio. I have satellite radio but never use it. I use Pandora almost 100% of the time I'm in my car listening to music. I hoped the current gen had better Pandora integration but it wasn't going to be a deal breaker. If there was a way to upgrade the whole head unit in the future for that I'd consider it.

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
I have an unlimited data plan and stream music 90% of the time. Also, I have SYNC 2 in my escape as well, gotta say it severely dated and it sure needs these updates.

***Edit: it does look plain and hopefully isn't the final layout

Last edited: