Sponsored

??? Best smart phone to integrate with base GT ???

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Looing for wisdom from some of you people who have experience with such things.
I have a base GT on order that should be showing up some time in the next couple of weeks.
It just so happens that the contract on my phone plan is done and I am wide open on getting a new phone and plan.

Which phone will integrate the best with my base GT system?
Also, what features will I be getting by integrating them?

If it makes any difference, I have my music on an SD card that will be plugged into the slot located in the center console so Bluetooth and music is not an issue.
Sponsored

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Samsung and HTC seem to be good and the least problematic. iphones have the most issues...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My HTC One M8 works great! Very easy to setup and no issues.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Microsoft/Nokia Lumia 930 works great

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
what issues with iphones are you talking about? mine works flawlessly

Sponsored

rwickens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Microsoft/Nokia Lumia 930 works great
Agreed, my Nokia Lumia has worked flawlessly and integrates more functionality with the texting features.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)

Iggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
good stuff. but i assure you, mine works flawlessly.

facetime, voice calls, text messages, waze, pandora, etc etc.
I love my iPhone 5s but it does have some limitations with Sync. I don't have the option of it reading my texts like it's advertised it can do, and tethering doesn't work like it's advertised as a capability. I haven't tried facetime so don't know if that works with my 401 system - sounds interesting, I guess I should try that. I'm still trying to figure out the apps and how to get them to work - Pandora, SiruisXM, etc.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I love my iPhone 5s but it does have some limitations with Sync. I don't have the option of it reading my texts like it's advertised it can do, and tethering doesn't work like it's advertised as a capability. I haven't tried facetime so don't know if that works with my 401 system - sounds interesting, I guess I should try that. I'm still trying to figure out the apps and how to get them to work - Pandora, SiruisXM, etc.
I didn't think the iPhone + SYNC read texts either, but it does. I just found this somewhere and it worked for both me and my Wife. Go to Settings -> Bluetooth and tap the one labeled SYNC. Then set the switch that allows notifications to "on" and try it again.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
I didn't think the iPhone + SYNC read texts either, but it does. I just found this somewhere and it worked for both me and my Wife. Go to Settings -> Bluetooth and tap the one labeled SYNC. Then set the switch that allows notifications to "on" and try it again.

mine reads texts, i did as instructed above a few weeks ago and it works.

when i use facetime i mean the audio works thru sync, but the video is still on the phone.

pandora works thru the audio via sync bluetooth, as well as waze, voice calls, etc. i launch whatever app within the phone, not thru sync apps

i use a mount for my phone, which can be seen here. the angle is perfect and while you're on facetime calls the other party can see you clearly.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]pI7_pF5M0Io[/MEDIA]"]

xIBullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
The iPhone does not work for functions beyond the Bluetooth calling and audio streaming due to the privacy settings set by Apple. Android and blackberry are more forgiving on this. Having used both phones for sync in both the "My ford" (non touch screen) and with the "My Ford Touch" (touchscreen) there is no way around the settings. I'm not sure if jail breaking the apple devices will fix it.

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
Motorola Razr

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
The iPhone does not work for functions beyond the Bluetooth calling and audio streaming due to the privacy settings set by Apple. Android and blackberry are more forgiving on this. Having used both phones for sync in both the "My ford" (non touch screen) and with the "My Ford Touch" (touchscreen) there is no way around the settings. I'm not sure if jail breaking the apple devices will fix it.
My device is not jailbroken and the post above yours shows that it does indeed work.
Sponsored