OP
OP
mustang#16

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice photos! That's pretty rad that you've always been a Mustang guy. I'm curious as to what your motivation for having multiple cars of the same body style is? For instance, you had 2 early S197 GT's; and 3 late ones. Do you like changing colors or what? :)
Thank you! Re the two early S197s, color change was the reason for switching. I'd owned the gray 2005 since late 2004 (one of the first ones to hit the dealer lots) and I traded it in after almost 2 years for the 2006 red one in late 2006. Got a good deal on the 2006 since the '07s were already in production.

As for the other S197s (2010, 2011, and 2013), styling updates and mechanical revisions were the reason for the change (2010 - styling change, 2011 5.0 became available, 2013 new hood, rear end, and grille, etc).

Regarding the Fox Bodies ('79, '81, '82, '83, '85, '87), there were significant mechanical updates on each one and minor styling revisions on all of those and I changed for those reasons.

Re the SN95s, the 1996 was a coupe and the 2000 was a convertible. HP on the 1996 was just 215 and the 2000 convertible had gone up to 260HP. Very good cars, btw.
Sponsored

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
Wow. Thanks for the insight! It's a neat little thing to be so particular about a certain car brand, as I'm coming from very bland "grocery getters" to my first Mustang. Just the fact that there are people willing to change cars every few years for the newest, best, or coolest upgrades is both interesting and sort of satisfying, if you know what I mean! I'll tell you though: this is the first car I've owned that I'm pretty comfortable with knowing that I'll probably get it's big brother! :D

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
Oh, and now I'm curious as to what car(s) filled the gap between '87 and '96!

OP
OP
mustang#16

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oh, and now I'm curious as to what car(s) filled the gap between '87 and '96!
LOL. 1989 T-bird SuperCoupe, 1990 F-150, 1992 Chevrolet Sportside pickup truck, 1993 Eagle Vision TSi, 1994 Dodge Ram 1500, 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab V10. The 1996 Mustang was a 2nd car.

OP
OP
mustang#16

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow. Thanks for the insight! It's a neat little thing to be so particular about a certain car brand, as I'm coming from very bland "grocery getters" to my first Mustang. Just the fact that there are people willing to change cars every few years for the newest, best, or coolest upgrades is both interesting and sort of satisfying, if you know what I mean! I'll tell you though: this is the first car I've owned that I'm pretty comfortable with knowing that I'll probably get it's big brother! :D
You're very welcome! I've actually tried to buy a couple of Camaros but they wouldn't deal. I have a soft spot for Mustangs because it was my first car and I had such a good experience with it. The older I get, the younger they make me feel every time I get behind the wheel.

Congrats on your S550. Enjoy it!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What a superb thread :clap2:

Thanks for taking the time to share your story! I'm pretty sure, if Ford had picked up on this prior to the launch of S550, you'd have been featured in part of their marketing campaign where they used photos of owners along with their Mustangs.

Here's an example.......amazingly, they used one of my old signature photos of my and my daughter crouching down in from of my black n silver Mustang (you can just make it out if you follow a vertical line up from the right hand blue stripe, above the photo of the fella in the cowboy hat standing next to the red S197 pace car :) )

If you have more photos, please share them. I'm a fan of ALL Mustangs, so love to see this sort of stuff.

:thumbsup:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
The White and Black 85 GT was the first Mustang since the 60's that made me say, "I want one of those". A few years later my next door neighbor bought new 88 GT, Burgundy with the red body stripe and grey interior. He kept that clean as a whistle and I only wished I had one. A couple years later I was driving a 69 Dodge Super Bee as my daily driver. Since then I bought a 65 coupe, 91 coupe, 98 GT, 01 GT, and an 05 GT. Do not have any of those but enjoyed them all.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nice, my '96 was identical in appearance, at least until I swapped on Cobra R wheels. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mustang#16

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What a superb thread :clap2:

Thanks for taking the time to share your story! I'm pretty sure, if Ford had picked up on this prior to the launch of S550, you'd have been featured in part of their marketing campaign where they used photos of owners along with their Mustangs.

Here's an example.......amazingly, they used one of my old signature photos of my and my daughter crouching down in from of my black n silver Mustang (you can just make it out if you follow a vertical line up from the right hand blue stripe, above the photo of the fella in the cowboy hat standing next to the red S197 pace car :) )

If you have more photos, please share them. I'm a fan of ALL Mustangs, so love to see this sort of stuff.

:thumbsup:
Thank you and you're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! Very cool that your signature photo was used by Ford!

Yes, I have more photos of all the cars when they were new. I'll update this post as time permits in the next few days.

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Yes, I like Race Red on the S550. Choosing colors is the hardest part of buying a car for me but I looked at Deep Impact Blue, Race Red, and Triple Yellow. After sleeping on it for a few days, I chose Race Red. I went back and forth on Triple Yellow but Race Red won in the end. I never considered Competition Orange.

Here are 3 photos of my Race Red S550.
Thats a beautiful Race Red. It's either RR or TY. How does the 50th anniversary rims look in real life? I mean are they matching with the color of the vehicle? They look a bit "white" in the pictures, if you get what I mean.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mustang#16

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The White and Black 85 GT was the first Mustang since the 60's that made me say, "I want one of those". A few years later my next door neighbor bought new 88 GT, Burgundy with the red body stripe and grey interior. He kept that clean as a whistle and I only wished I had one. A couple years later I was driving a 69 Dodge Super Bee as my daily driver. Since then I bought a 65 coupe, 91 coupe, 98 GT, 01 GT, and an 05 GT. Do not have any of those but enjoyed them all.
Very cool! After some more thought, I think the best-looking Fox Body that I owned was the 1982 model.
I've attached a few photos of this car below (note, these are scans of 35mm transparencies and, for some
reason, the scanner had trouble with the red accent stripe).

Nice, my '96 was identical in appearance, at least until I swapped on Cobra R wheels. :thumbsup:
Thanks! Yeah, some Cobra R wheels would definitely improve the appearance!
1_Bell104-R1-E035.jpg
2_Bell104-R1-E028.jpg
3_Bell104-R1-E030.jpg
4_Bell104-R1-E014.jpg
5_Bell104-R1-E029.jpg

OP
OP
mustang#16

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thats a beautiful Race Red. It's either RR or TY. How does the 50th anniversary rims look in real life? I mean are they matching with the color of the vehicle? They look a bit "white" in the pictures, if you get what I mean.
Thank you! I like the 19" wheels that come with the 50th anniversary pkg. It may be that the lighting made them look brighter than they really are. You'd probably have to look at one yourself to decide if they're right for you.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Some of you have asked to see photos of my previous Mustangs. Instead of uploading a bunch of photos to wade through, I thought I'd just make a collage of them all (1999 model not pictured). This collage represents all gens of Mustang except gen 2 (Mustang II). The year models are listed in my signature line at bottom. Here they are ....
Thanks for sharing the photos of your memories, also brings back some great memories...... Thanks Old Car Guy :) John

OP
OP
mustang#16

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for sharing the photos of your memories, also brings back some great memories...... Thanks Old Car Guy :) John
You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed! Thank you for the comment!