Sponsored

Top End???

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
One thing I've noticed now that I'm out of the break-in period and am just driving it normally... a quick stab on the gas and you start going a LOT faster than you meant to. Was getting on a highway on-ramp this weekend and gave it gas trying to get up to speed at 65 mph; was going 85 before I realized it. Car is EXTREMELY stable at speed; would have had no idea I was going 85 if it weren't for the cars disappearing behind me.
Sponsored

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
Yep and when they kill someone or themselves out on a main road...I'll think the exact same thing.

Take it to a track or closed circuit. Can't help there's at least 2 of you in here that don't have an ounce of common sense.
I do 150+ on I-10 very safely. I put no one at risk except myself.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I agree, I pass through VA when I go to PA...I always pay close attention when I'm VA.
VA has those really harsh laws, but the worst I've seen is in South Carolina. I was on cruise control at 69 in a 70 mph zone on 95 a couple of years ago when somebody passed me who was MAYBE going 71... like, he was passing me at a slow walking pace.

He got pulled over.

Sponsored

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
I have to say that it's a bit surprising how many have gotten a new Mustang and think that going 75 is crazy...

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
135 on the tollroad from Austin to Round Rock. That was fun.
You mean 130. I live close to that toll road. Don't know what I'd do without it because I-35 absolutely sucks!

Have you driven Lime Rock Creek? I have fun on that road in the stang.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Yep and when they kill someone or themselves out on a main road...I'll think the exact same thing.

Take it to a track or closed circuit. Can't help there's at least 2 of you in here that don't have an ounce of common sense.
I have seen plenty of dead people from speed related motor vehicle crashes, most speed related fatalities are alcohol related and single vehicle. Very few are just guys running to 120 and back but it does happen. But I am sure you have crash investigation training under your belt to know all that you do. Or maybe you read it on the internet....or maybe you just have common sense.

Alcohol is the killer, and distracted driving is fast approaching with kids paying more attention to their phone than the road.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
To Spartan and the like. Speed isn't the problem it is only a factor. Drivers education is the problem. That and most of society doesn't think seriously of the task they have at hand which is to drive.

Highways like the autobahn easily prove speed is not the problem. Sure it's good to have speed limits in certain areas and during certain times. But there is nothing wrong with going fast responsibly. The only reason most people have a problem with it is because of our laws, and their skewed view of how speed relates to an incident. It is a factor, not a cause.

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
To Spartan and the like. Speed isn't the problem it is only a factor. Drivers education is the problem. That and most of society doesn't think seriously of the task they have at hand which is to drive.

Highways like the autobahn easily prove speed is not the problem. Sure it's good to have speed limits in certain areas and during certain times. But there is nothing wrong with going fast responsibly. The only reason most people have a problem with it is because of our laws, and their skewed view of how speed relates to an incident. It is a factor, not a cause.
Finally, someone with an ounce of "Common Sense" Thank you sir.:amen:

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've had my 2015 up to 150 mph so far, it won't do much more with 3.73's in the rear.

SPEEDFREAK13

Reaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I didn't look at the speed but I maxed out 5th and when I hit 6th the car fell on its face GT pp. Tune only in Mexico lol

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
VA has those really harsh laws, but the worst I've seen is in South Carolina. I was on cruise control at 69 in a 70 mph zone on 95 a couple of years ago when somebody passed me who was MAYBE going 71... like, he was passing me at a slow walking pace.

He got pulled over.
That can happen in any state. I saw something similar when I was living in Illinois. I was driving south in an 85 Toyota Cressida (so it was not a flashy car) on I-290/IL 53 in an area with 4 lanes each way. I was in the second lane (two open lanes to my left) with almost no traffic and good weather during the day, meaning absolutely no condition/visibility issues present at all. I had the cruise set at 55 in a 55, as I know that road can sometimes have a special state police speed enforcement unit, aka the wolfpack, patrolling it. Since I had not seen it recently, it was probably due, and driving fast in light traffic is a sure way to get noticed. Just south of Woodfield, a cop pulls in behind me and starts tailgating me for more than a mile. Finally, someone in the line of traffic behind us SLOWLY starts to pass one lane to the left...maybe 56 mph. The cop swoops in behind, hits his lights, and pulls the guy over...

Sometimes a cop just has a bad day and wants to take it out on some poor sap. It shouldn't happen, but it does.
Sponsored