Livernois tune review

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
304S for starters
The Ultimate Racing kit is SS.
The Stainless Works is 304 SS. $1,045 cat back. Not sure the cost of the DP but less that the remaining $1,300 I'd bet
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I am looking forward to seeing the video.

However, $2,400 for a catted turbo back kit is high. I like the sound of both the Ultimate Racing kit and RIP Tuning kit. Because I like the sound of them I'll use them as an example. Catted turbo back kit from them range between $1,400 to $1,500.

Livernois, what would you say to a customer who is trying to figure out why your kit is $900 higher than a competitor?
That's a great question. We set out to offer some unique pieces, and of course to offer what we feel is the best quality system out there. While I don't know what anyone else uses for materials or manufacturers, anyone familiar with us will know they we use an all USA workforce, USA made (not just sourced) materials, and of course it's 100% US T304SS. Everything from the fasteners, to flanges, to flex couplers, to mufflers are made in the USA out of US T304SS, by American workers. Add into this the full flexibility and true modular design we offer and it's going to add costs. Could we have made it out of lesser grade stainless? Yes, Chinese stainless? Yes. Could we have made it a system that requires our full exhaust, rather than being a staged upgrade? Absolutely. All of these things could have been done to save money, but while decreasing the quality, or compromising in one way or another.

Those of us who know our reputation, know one thing, we do not do is offer anything other than what we feel is the absolute best offerings out there. So, to wrap it up, we know there are going to be countless "me too's" that populate the middle and lower spectrum of the market, but we want to be the best.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
you pay for quality.. simple as that.

Also don't forge,t the Ultimate Racing exhaust with the additions of the resonator and rolled tip its just over $900 which is really expensive for a single 3" T304SS exhaust. I'm guessing their Dual system will not be cheap either.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
The Ultimate Racing kit is SS.
The Stainless Works is 304 SS. $1,045 cat back. Not sure the cost of the DP but less that the remaining $1,300 I'd bet
There are different types or "classes" of stainless.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I will have a video produced and uploaded today! Sorry for the delay, but with all of the engineering and manufacturing that we are doing the car is quite often in pieces or being used on the dyno for validation or more R&D.
Some updated power numbers with exhaust would be great as well.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
You guys really need to take it down about 2 notches in the huckstering department. We are all well aware of your engineering and manufacturing background as you have reminded us almost daily.

A little less shameless self-promotion may help your cause over here...which I presume is to sell parts.

Mike
I find the EXACT opposite.

Livernois tends to stay in their own threads to answer questions about products they produce and sell.

Other parts sellers on here are in almost EVERY thread letting the op know they will give them the best deal on any part they sell.

Welcome! Let me know if you need anything!

We are a #1 seller of xxxxx part you are posting about!

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I find the EXACT opposite.

Livernois tends to stay in their own threads to answer questions about products they produce and sell.

Other parts sellers on here are in almost EVERY thread letting the op know they will give them the best deal on any part they sell.

Welcome! Let me know if you need anything!

We are a #1 seller of xxxxx part you are posting about!
You are their #1 fan. How about you get their tune on your car and to the track?

And, for the record, I am referring to the manner in which they promote their products...not the frequency.

Mike

Last edited:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
You are their #1 fan. How about you get their tune on your car and to the track?

And, for the record, I am referring to the manner in which they promote their products...not the frequency.

Mike
I was thinking the same thing........

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond

Mike
I'm just a customer.

Tune is on my car. On all my cars. Has been on my mustang since it had 100 miles on it.

Find me a track in michigan, Ohio, Illinois open right now and I'll drive there right now.

So you would rather have parts selling whores over proud parts producers?

I have not seen any videos of your passes. Please post them. Saw some badass sticker pictures though!

You car tuned? Dyno videos? Graphs? Time slips?

So

I have their tune
Can't make passes in the fucking snow

Anything else?

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I was thinking the same thing........
Don't try too hard.

But your welcome to find a track open in those states too. Find one.

And both of you can take my car to that track and beat the shit out of it for as long as you like.

What tune you have?

How many passes? Any Dyno numbers (it is winter)

OP
OP

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Mbreinin has videos and has made multiple passes. 12.8 I believe. He s trying one component at a time and sharing results. It's very much appreciated actually.
Meanwhile I've yet to see an Eco review from a customer with livernois tune.Ive also seen no update on progress as far as numbers with new products. Iam still waiting on exhaust video....I had high hopes for livernois after watching the 1set of track vids but the lack of updates and posting a thread with a knockoff intake is disappointing.
I am still looking for a tuner and would like to see them have a good showing. Every tuner so far I've seen some negatives.Unleashed is the best I've seen so far,the recent fueling weather related issue is disappointing though.Livernois can't tune for meth,a race gas track map may be possible not sure,no remote tuning. So that's kind of a bummer. Cobb,well not impressed at all at least not what I've seen so far. Like I said they've all got something. So Iam still waiting before I make a final decision.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I'm just a customer.

Tune is on my car. On all my cars. Has been on my mustang since it had 100 miles on it.

Find me a track in michigan, Ohio, Illinois open right now and I'll drive there right now.

So you would rather have parts selling whores over proud parts producers?

I have not seen any videos of your passes. Please post them. Saw some badass sticker pictures though!

You car tuned? Dyno videos? Graphs? Time slips?

So

I have their tune
Can't make passes in the fucking snow

Anything else?
I think it's best if you let Livernois talk for themselves instead of always being on the defensive for them. If people don't like the way livernois promotes stuff then so be it. Nobody has to buy their products for the ecoboost. I would also rather buy parts from vendors who show data from the tests that they do on their parts and proven power gains or temperature drops from said parts. So I will probably never buy a tune from livernois...... Why?........... Because I want a tuner that can work with me and read my data logs and send me a tune back based on that. And I want a device where I can monitor important variables while driving. Nothing against livernois because they are a great company but just not my style.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
To be honest, Livernois has always put out a good product from what I've seen some friends of mine purchasing.

I like their stuff, and I've always liked their products.

I don't like how they're promoting their stuff on here, pretty much agree with all of Apwrx's comments - however, I cannot deny they usually have a damn good product.
Sponsored