Sponsored

Went to buy a C7 ended up with a GT

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
I have been looking at the 15 Mustang for a little while. Thought I was going to wait for the GT350 but after kicking a few things around decided to buy a C7. Went to the bank yesterday for my pre-approval check and this morning my wife and I headed down to the Chevrolet Dealership with the largest selection. Looked for almost and hour and then took a test drive. If it hadn't been for the test drive I would have had a C7 in my garage right now. The C7 is a beautiful car but after dreaming of buying one my whole life I just didn't "feel it" after the test drive. I was expecting perfection and I didn't find it.

1) The passengers floor board had a large pocket under the carpet that was springy.
2) The shift into second was harsh. I read about it on the C7 forum but it was worse then I expected (yes, the A8).
3) The bolster on the left of the drivers seat dug into my left thigh (6' 245lbs).

Anyway, posting this is therapeutic. We left there, ate lunch and then went to our local Ford Dealership. X-plan pricing was a no brainer. Sat down and put the order in which the Mgr said would be picked up this Thursday by Ford. I configured the car exactly how I wanted except I want different wheels. If you have read my rambles this long here is my question. Mgr said it was be 8 weeks for delivery. Is that pretty accurate? He gave me dealer code and my order no to track it.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
At this point I would expect 8 weeks to be accurate, congrats on the purchase!

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I've seen some get their car in that time frame. I was told 8-12 is generally right.

And congrats on your order! I came close to picking up either a C6 or C7, but ultimately opted for the S550. No regrets.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
Good choice. I've seen a lot of C7 owners looking like this..... Just kidding, both are good cars. Welcome. Would have been hard for me to pass up on that GT 350 that was on your list though... Justa saying...:)

Last edited:

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Congrats man! Not a fan of the base C7, but I would be lying if I said I don't absolutely covet the Z06. That car is badass.

8 weeks sounds about right. What was your priority code?

Sponsored

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I ordered Dec 2nd and it showed up today. 6 weeks to the day. A bit of the luck of the draw depending upon what they're running down the line once your order is processed but 6-8 is pretty standard.

Christopher_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Ruby Red
cowzrul,

8 weeks probably is a nice conservative estimate, but mine only took 36 days. I ordered November 25 and was told to expect a 9-12 week wait. My car was delivered on December 31, so that timeframe also included Thanksgiving and Christmas. Seems like the factory is really rolling right now, so don't be surprised if your 8 week estimate ends up being long by a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
cowzrul

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats man! Not a fan of the base C7, but I would be lying if I said I don't absolutely covet the Z06. That car is badass.

8 weeks sounds about right. What was your priority code?
Thanks everybody. Priority: 99 What does that mean? They told me they had 4 allocations this week and mine was one of them.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Thanks everybody. Priority: 99 What does that mean? They told me they had 4 allocations this week and mine was one of them.
That is the absolute worst thing you can have happen. A priority 99 car will never get built. You need to contact the dealership ASAP and either cancel your order, or ask for it to be lowered considerably. If they used one of their existing allocations (dealer lot order), then you'd ideally want a priority of 20. If they did it as a retail order, you'd ideally want a priority of 10. Those are the lowest (best) priority numbers generally available for an order. 99 is the absolute worst priority and is generally used as an interim so that the dealership can get the order in ahead of time, and then change the priority when they want to get the build starting.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
That is the absolute worst thing you can have happen. A priority 99 car will never get built. You need to contact the dealership ASAP and either cancel your order, or ask for it to be lowered considerably. If they used one of their existing allocations (dealer lot order), then you'd ideally want a priority of 20. If they did it as a retail order, you'd ideally want a priority of 10. Those are the lowest (best) priority numbers generally available for an order. 99 is the absolute worst priority and is generally used as an interim so that the dealership can get the order in ahead of time, and then change the priority when they want to get the build starting.
If you got a build sheet to go over with them to ensure you got all your items, it likely got changed after you said 'OK', I'd just double check.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cowzrul

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you got a build sheet to go over with them to ensure you got all your items, it likely got changed after you said 'OK', I'd just double check.
That is what happened but I am still going by tomorrow. I have to drop off the 19" wheel upgrades since I am going to try and find somebody local with PP Take offs

OP
OP
cowzrul

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whew. I went through my paperwork and found the copy of the vehicle confirmation after he submitted it. Priority: 10

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
7.5 weeks here, but there are people who have waited much longer!:thumbsup: If you read this forum much you'll drive yourself nuts while you're waiting and COTUS will really drive you crazy! You may as well start ordering your after market parts now so you can have them all waiting when you get the car... buying shit takes some of the crazy out of the wait.

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
Congrats on the order. Mine is priority 10. Ordered December 5th. Still waiting on a VIN. Hopefully, this week
Sponsored