Washed my car for the first time today. Whyyyy

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I have one of these. Do you think it would work well?
image.jpg
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hit the highway 10 minutes at 120 mph. That should do it !;)

Seriously i use an air compressor and it does the work just fine.

Last edited:

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I blow it dry. With something similar to this... it gets so much of the excess water out of all the nooks and crannies.

Who cares of the neighbors think I'm nuts!?!

I've been doing this since 1994.

This is my second house since then and my neighbors KNOW I'm nuts. :)

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I drive around the block And get off the residual water
Then dry
I do the same. Get her up to about 110 mph and by the time I get her home, there's little water left to worry about.

Just be safe.

Sponsored

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
If I ever get a Mustang, I will also be purchasing a leaf blower as well. Screw you, water spots!

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
You could, but I've done it for years without any issues.
I believe you. I'm admittedly paranoid about it. 1st off the lot new car in 20 years. Might take a minute, or a couple washes to see it your way.

Sponsored

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
My new 2002 GT Premium Mineral Gray was the last car I worried about keeping perfectly clean. Since then I have decided that cars get dirty and owned many cool dark colored machines. Every day is not a car show. I worry about enjoying my car more than I care what anybody else thinks. Now I take my car in any time I want because my awesome wife bought me 6 months of car washes at the local autowash. I think it looks pretty good afterwards but not even close to my 2002 standards. I am also driving this one year round. Oh well cars are meant to enjoy.....not impress others! Twice a year I will polish it to make it great again. Then I will buy the 2019... it would likely be the most awesome Mustang in the world before the CAFE rules kick in in 2020 and I would drive it to my grave! Quit worrying about your car. It will never be a classic. Enjoy it.

Jotis73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 guard pp/gt base
Dry it, drive it around the block to dry wheels and tires. Then wipe back bumper sides under the side mirrors and front bumper and your home free.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
My new 2002 GT Premium Mineral Gray was the last car I worried about keeping perfectly clean. Since then I have decided that cars get dirty and owned many cool dark colored machines. Every day is not a car show. I worry about enjoying my car more than I care what anybody else thinks. Now I take my car in any time I want because my awesome wife bought me 6 months of car washes at the local autowash. I think it looks pretty good afterwards but not even close to my 2002 standards. I am also driving this one year round. Oh well cars are meant to enjoy.....not impress others! Twice a year I will polish it to make it great again. Then I will buy the 2019... it would likely be the most awesome Mustang in the world before the CAFE rules kick in in 2020 and I would drive it to my grave! Quit worrying about your car. It will never be a classic. Enjoy it.
For some people, washing a car is a way of enjoying it. A clean car isn't for others who only see it for a few seconds - it's mostly for me. Cheers for those who enjoy their car any way they wish. :cheers:

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Thought about using this idea on a black car so it won't scratch :p

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I blow it dry. With something similar to this... it gets so much of the excess water out of all the nooks and crannies.

Who cares of the neighbors think I'm nuts!?!

I've been using an electric leave blower to dry my cars for over 20 years. Works great to remove the hidden water and no scratches.
Sponsored