Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because the gains you posted will only be felt by the imaginationmeter. Less than 10 hp peak increase won't even get you a tenth at the track. I stand by my private review of the Airaid on my car. Looks nice, will be of more benefit down the road with a bigger turbo. Did little to nothing for performance.

Mike

And the Dyno.

And every hp counts.

How much did you gain from that svo sticker?

A alum drive shaft will do little to nothing on the Dyno, 1hp 2 maybe....

At the track tenth to 2 tenths.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Ughhhhhhh, thread is about street aplications and a product for the STREET. Either you missed that or you are a huge fanboy in denial, jus sayin. But then again maybe one of those race cars is sporting an Airaid with a "special filter and interior mods"

That was all in fun with the tempo of the thread.......relax francis.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Introducing the product this way was definitely not very well thought out. Why not show actual pictures of your intake? And highlight the differences - with pictures. I'm surprised air raid is okay with this - unless they are seeing something from you.

What did the air raid intake make on your dyno?

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
And the Dyno.

And every hp counts.

How much did you gain from that svo sticker?

A alum drive shaft will do little to nothing on the Dyno, 1hp 2 maybe....

At the track tenth to 2 tenths.
I disagree, since I gained nothing with an aluminum driveshaft on my 2012 GT, not a single tenth. I could not improve on my best times at all after I installed it.

The sticker was worth 1.2 seconds over stock, since it went on at the same time as my tune.

I have an Airaid on my car, it has been on there for a month.

Mike

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping

Daily driver....
Looks like it grew two cylinders....but nice engine work. The only thing being discussed in THIS thread is the CAI, not the other successful ventures. From what I have read on the forum your products and support is great. It is not a personal attack, just poking fun at the appearance

Last edited:
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Looks like it grew two cylinders....but nice engine work
The point there was that we use forged pistons on a DD. But from a diff thread, I have 6 forums open and various threads going at the same time my bad.

But thank you!

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
If JLT did the exact same presented in this thread would anyone feel that would be ok? Ofcourse not and that is the point, not the functionality but the appearance.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
There is no reason to describe the product differently, as the product is exclusively ours. Our intake is made from premium media with exclusively designed tubing.
Seriously? It is bad, bad optics.

In your original post introducing this intake, you literally used an air raid stock photo and chopped your logo onto it. You didn't make any mention of the changes you made vs. the Air raid unit - at best it looked like you completely copied the air raid design, at worst it looked you just re-branded their unit and called it your own.

Why you didn't acknowledge you started with the air raid unit/design and then note the changes you made (including pictures) and show numbers proving those changes improved upon the air raid unit is a bit of a head scratcher.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
You didn't make any mention of the changes you made vs. the Air raid unit - at best it looked like you completely copied the air raid design, at worst it looked you just re-branded their unit and called it your own.
Actually we did mention everything that was different. Why would we make mention of another company when it is not their product?

There is no difference if Company A engineers a fuel pump (for example) and instead of building it they have the shop next door produce the design. It is still company A's product, not company B. And it would exclusively be available through company A.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Actually we did mention everything that was different. Why would we make mention of another company when it is not their product?

There is no difference if Company A engineers a fuel pump (for example) and instead of building it they have the shop next door produce the design. It is still company A's product, not company B. And it would exclusively be available through company A.
Why would you post a picture of a product that is not yours and then claim it is?

I think you need to re-read your first post, you don't mention anything being different. Which would be fine if you didn't post a picture of an airaid intake (literally, an airaid intake) and then claim it as your own.

The reason you'd mention airaid is because it is the elephant in the room. Not acknowledging your intake is based on the airaid design (especially when airaid looks so unique) is folly - as you are finding out with the way this thread is getting derailed.

As to your fuel pump example, it is a poor example - fuel pumps (for a given car) typically look the same, no one is going to bat an eye if you design an improved fuel pump that looks like everyone else's. Though don't you think when you first launch the pump, you'd explain why yours is better?

Last edited:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Why would you post a picture of a product that is not yours and then claim it is?

I think you need to re-read your first post, you don't mention anything being different. Which would be fine if you didn't post a picture of an air raid intake (literally, an air raid intake) and then claim it as your own.

The reason you'd mention air raid is because it is the elephant in the room. Not acknowledging your intake is based on the air raid design (especially when air raid looks so unique) is folly - as you are finding out with the way this thread is getting derailed.

As to your fuel pump example, it is a poor example - fuel pumps (for a given car) typically look the same, no one is going to bat an eye if you design an improved fuel pump that looks like everyone else's. Though don't you think when you first launch the pump, you'd explain why yours is better?
That's my biggest issue - where are the pictures showing THE ACTUAL product. If there are significant changes let's see them. What higher quality materials were used? Why was it better? How is the tubing different than AirAid? Can we see those differences? How do those differences translate to improved performance? How did the overall changes improve the performance and capability?

This entire thread was derailed from the first post, and we still don't really have an answer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.