Sponsored

2015 Mustang Euro/German official price & packaging list!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Well I guess for now we can conclude that these rumoured German prices are pretty sharp and you basically cannot import a similarly equipped car yourself for the same money. Which is extra remarkable since the US$ has grown quite a bit stronger against the EURO over the past year.

Lack of optional ACC royally SUCKS though as well as the CO2 emission rate for the EB Automatic.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I've heard rumors that we get the final specs and the configurator for europe in mid january, the current list is not the final one. So I guess we all know in 2,5 weeks if they really cut out that much assistants and comfort features (for no good reason, since they all should be allowed in eu).

13,6l/100km seems kinda high to me. In the mpg topics in this forum a lot of people say they usally get around 11-12l

Mike Delo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP European specs
Well I guess for now we can conclude that these rumoured German prices are pretty sharp and you basically cannot import a similarly equipped car yourself for the same money. Which is extra remarkable since the US$ has grown quite a bit stronger against the EURO over the past year.

Lack of optional ACC royally SUCKS though as well as the CO2 emission rate for the EB Automatic.
Yepp Eric, the German price seems not so bad considering self-imported costs but my personal idea is that Ford shoul have import those models but also a super base V6, no options at all, for the lowest price available, to attract more young people or USA cars enthusiasts that doesn't like or have money for top level models...but want to have a Mustang!
A starting base model and two well equipped models. perfect!
For example I think I'll go for a self imported base V6 for something under 30000Eu, probably Ford would succeed to bring it to the official dealers for something like 29999Eu, a huge succes IMHO!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Non-domestic market seems to be a complete different thing for Ford. They want to advertise Mustang (and Ford itself) in foreign territory as an mid/hi end product.
We already know Ford cars as low-mid cars, e.g. we have Ka, Fiesta and Focus but we (or almost I) never think to that (and to Ford itself) like a sport car, or something like that.

Maybe Ford wants to create a different (and more correct?) image outside US.

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Non-domestic market seems to be a complete different thing for Ford. They want to advertise Mustang (and Ford itself) in foreign territory as an mid/hi end product.
We already know Ford cars as low-mid cars, e.g. we have Ka, Fiesta and Focus but we (or almost I) never think to that (and to Ford itself) like a sport car, or something like that.

Maybe Ford wants to create a different (and more correct?) image outside US.
well

as the direct competitor of the Mustang is the camaro
chevy has tried this only a few years ago (in Geneve the vice-president said: "there is a Little bit of camaro in every Chevrolet")
we all know, how the Story ended. no more Standard chevy-cars for the EU and of the armarda of camaro Dealers are only a handful left...
Looks like Ford is doing the same Thing
selected Dealers have to build Showrooms and a limited number of cars is thought to become exclusive by shortage of supply...
the strategy of raising the value of a product by shortening the supply has not even work in ex-communist countries
if you want to compete with premium brands (Benchmark 911 and M3/M4), build a product that can compete A N D offer a Service that is expected by customers in this class...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus mk2
well

as the direct competitor of the Mustang is the camaro
chevy has tried this only a few years ago (in Geneve the vice-president said: "there is a Little bit of camaro in every Chevrolet")
we all know, how the Story ended. no more Standard chevy-cars for the EU and of the armarda of camaro Dealers are only a handful left...
Looks like Ford is doing the same Thing
selected Dealers have to build Showrooms and a limited number of cars is thought to become exclusive by shortage of supply...
the strategy of raising the value of a product by shortening the supply has not even work in ex-communist countries
if you want to compete with premium brands (Benchmark 911 and M3/M4), build a product that can compete A N D offer a Service that is expected by customers in this class...
I don't know about the rest of europe, I only know about the UK.

The reason the Camaro failed here was for a few reasons.

One: It's LHD, even sold "officially" in the UK. Cevrolet overestimated how much people would tolerate that over here.

Two: The price. They tried to make it as "expensive as they could get away with". For a new product with no established reputation in the UK, that's suicide (Ford may do slightly better with that, Chevy over here is rebranded old korean Daewoo vehicles.) and it also conflicts with point 3.

Three: The market. Ford HAVE a market over here, same as the Camaro could have. Here in the UK we've watched every American film for years, watched all the Eleanors and Bumblebees and wanted to get our hands on our very own hero cars for years. I hope Ford give them what they (and I) have been waiting for first, and try taking on BMW and Audi later.

It would be a shame if ford lost the opportunity to ride that free hype, desire and interest for the sake of trying to "reposition" the cars market segment. Get the car to the fans and they'll talk about it forever. Sell it to boardroom types who buy BMW or Audi, and they'll replace it once their lease is up. The Monaro or VXR8 are both examples of proper muscle cars who failed here because they weren't "business" enough for the boardroom and too expensive for the rest of us.

Mike Delo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP European specs
My opinion is that almost every single car enthusiast in the world and Europe knows and appreciate the US pony and muscle cars for their look, american style, speed etc AND MOST OF ALL for the price.
It's common to read on european blogs and forums "wow! beautiful american car and you can have it for something like 20000Eu! (discussing on base 'stangs, camaros and challenger).
So I think that chevy with camaro first and maybe ford now made a big mistake only importing top line and pricing models.
Because people all around the world knows so well that american cars are big, fast, cool, but are not luxury cars, even top equipped muscle cars are a different segment than mercedes and bmw and everyone thinks that...so you can't import only top pricing car of a not luxury car pretending this is enough to make it luxury....because everyone, like me, will think "wow, an overpriced beautiful muscle car that I could pay half or less if only they import a base model....or importing by myself!"
Come on, it's clear, if ford would have imported the base V6 ad sold for 25000Eu (absolutely possible considering the pricing of european EB and V8) this would be a HUGE top seller...and it's no sense saiyng "but ford want to keep high the 'stang and brand reputation importing top level models" because it's not Maserati, it's not BMW, people knows and expect from ford what ford is and do, good cars, well bulit, good pricing and want to spend on these facts.
Hope to be clear! :)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
My opinion is that almost every single car enthusiast in the world and Europe knows and appreciate the US pony and muscle cars for their look, american style, speed etc AND MOST OF ALL for the price.
It's common to read on european blogs and forums "wow! beautiful american car and you can have it for something like 20000Eu! (discussing on base 'stangs, camaros and challenger).
So I think that chevy with camaro first and maybe ford now made a big mistake only importing top line and pricing models.
Because people all around the world knows so well that american cars are big, fast, cool, but are not luxury cars, even top equipped muscle cars are a different segment than mercedes and bmw and everyone thinks that...so you can't import only top pricing car of a not luxury car pretending this is enough to make it luxury....because everyone, like me, will think "wow, an overpriced beautiful muscle car that I could pay half or less if only they import a base model....or importing by myself!"
Come on, it's clear, if ford would have imported the base V6 ad sold for 25000Eu (absolutely possible considering the pricing of european EB and V8) this would be a HUGE top seller...and it's no sense saiyng "but ford want to keep high the 'stang and brand reputation importing top level models" because it's not Maserati, it's not BMW, people knows and expect from ford what ford is and do, good cars, well bulit, good pricing and want to spend on these facts.
Hope to be clear! :)
This!
I really would prefer buying a V6 for less than 30k€, if they would offer them. I dont get the "Mustang has to be a premium car" idea, Chevrolet failed big on this.

The problem is, that the insurance and the annual tax are really setting the monthly cost extremely high, at least here in germany. I can buy the new Audi TTS or a Porsche Cayman and end up spending the same money per month as for the Mustang. Even though the other cars cost around 60k€.

So in the end, they need to find customers that are willing to spend 500-600€ per month for a car, which is kinda impractical for european streets because of its size and is not from an established premium brand.

Sponsored

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
This!
I really would prefer buying a V6 for less than 30k€, if they would offer them. I dont get the "Mustang has to be a premium car" idea, Chevrolet failed big on this.

The problem is, that the insurance and the annual tax are really setting the monthly cost extremely high, at least here in germany. I can buy the new Audi TTS or a Porsche Cayman and end up spending the same money per month as for the Mustang. Even though the other cars cost around 60k€.

So in the end, they need to find customers that are willing to spend 500-600€ per month for a car, which is kinda impractical for european streets because of its size and is not from an established premium brand.
The ford Mustang have been price in the middle east. People who order will receive their cars in April 2015 & all 2015 cars comes with hi spec version (no base model). Remember most middle east country have no tax on thier cars

For the Ecoboost spec. 183 000 AED = 40 959 EURO

GT 193 000 AED = 43 000 Euro

From what I see , I guess middle east pricing is almost the same in Europe.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost in Germany (according to the price list in the first post) will be 34,000 eur, with almost only one optional pack available for 2,500 eur. Seems a bit lower (I hope!)

jc182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw golf gt
no update european price list yet? anything new?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I'm waiting mid-january and then ask my local ford seller for news.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I dont get the information policy of Ford EU. What really put me off from buying a Camaro in germany is that Chevrolet was horrible in giving informations to future customers (and the 12 month+ delivery time). I really hope Ford EU will go into the offense soon, it's horrible to wait for some rumors when exactly we get infos or even when the car will be released (statements differ from summer to Q4 2015)
Sponsored