SCT X4 "NO BUENO"

ABQstang05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
05 v6 Mustang Turbo
I have no experience with email tunes on the coyote but ive never had a problem with sct tuners on any s197 ive worked with. I actually loved their product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Shoot me a call. Lets talk about this. I am sure I can square you away. :headbang:
Let's talk as soon as we get a local meet going over a brew! I am really happy the way it runs rights now after this fiasco. I live off Palmetto and Military.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
You are right! And after reinstalling the 93 sport program the car runs even worse. It goes into a mode like the big semi's do when they are "engine braking".

It is already back to stock and the programmer is going back to American Muscle.
Sorry to hear that, Active GT. Sounds like you got a lemon tune. I'm happy so far with the Bama tune, although getting the handheld device updated from the program that I had to download to my PC was a pain. But once I got it loaded into the car, the tune itself is pretty impressive.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Anyone buy, install and use with success? I am thinking I should flatbed the car back to the shop tomorrow or hurt it.
Got and paid for the tuner, waited 2 weeks for the "custom tunes". Tried to install but computer didn't recognize the tuner. The tuner isn't up for Windows 8. Really? Did Windows 8 come out just recently? Finally after almost an hour on the phone with SCT Windows 8 issue fixed. Go to download or upload (whatever) tunes and the tunes aren't for my car or tuner. Call and fix this problem. Install tunes, run the car that pukes and bucks. Try to reinstall factory settings. Handheld says not "married" to car. I can understand this because now neither am I. Think the car will at least me get me home 10 miles away. Barely, in between the bucking. Gonna flatbed in the morning, burn it, call insurance company and drive me new twin turbo Super Duty which now runs circles around my 5.0 GT.
Sounds similar to my issue. And then just normal driving home would start to buck. I am going to post a few things the handheld says in the screen. See if your is similar.
Active/Pat! Sorry about the delay here but I just managed to locate this thread and boy does it seem like there's definitely some technical difficulties going on and I'd like to clear some of this up!

Right off the bat in your 14th post I can see that you managed to get the car into a "DEMO MODE" somehow which is where this initially started and I can see that you had been working with Paul on this!

There's no way that both he or myself will let a fellow Floridian have this type of trouble! (I used to live right up the road in West Palm) and we definitely want you to be leaving 100ft strips of rubber down Military!

One of the things that I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around is the bucking and the redline; Is this by chance when you're dropping the hammer and traction control is engaging? Can you elaborate on this a little more or potentially maybe have a video posted of exactly what's happening?

I want to get a better idea of what's occurring as you're saying powers shutting off at such a low rpm where the factory redline is considerably higher!

Just to recap this again...

-This began as a windows 8 issue
-We didn't need for you to go directly through SCT as Bama had the drivers that could've been sent (Bama has the Drivers and Instructions online on their Help Center that's here)
-Vehicle was put into demo mode; Bama didn't do this as the update you had did before flashing would have reset this
-Bama verified the car had some irregular flash when you called in initially and spoke with Justin
-They read the strategy code along with the codes that we're being thrown
-The reason you needed to call SCT was for a forced recovery file which Bama does not have access to.
-The Demo mode flash is the first time the vehicle was bucking, which has nothing to do with Bama's tune!
-Bama had sent you multiple tunes to verify it was the same vehicle
-Every 2015 Tune that leaves Bama is created by Paul himself.

The old "corrupt file" story.....according to Bama so back to SCT and they are closed on the weekend. My luck. American Muscle did the Bama tune but can't undo what they did.
This is sounding like the right tune hadn't been loaded up!

Not really which is a bummer! All I know that after the tune, could not pass 4300 rpm.
Draco-Have you let the guys at Bama know about this? If not can you shoot me a PM with your contact info and I can have Paul on with you as soon as he's on site.

This sounds like a nightmare and has changed my mind on full exhaust, cai and a tune. I would be pissed if having problems with my new car from bs tune issues. I'm going to wait a while for the 15's to be lined out I guess.
CP-Just to shed a little bit more light on this the problems that arose are in direct relation to Windows and the slip of a finger here! The OP managed to get the car into a demo mode where this all started! I would personally assure you that Bama has safe and reliable tunes

I've had them on my 2008 for over 3 1/2 years along with every one of my family members that's in a Mustang and Paul's been able to make even more power on my car than I thought was possible.

I've had the pleasure of romping on all of our 2015's as well which are running Bama tunes and they're incredible!

Got the FR touring cat backs installed this morning and I really like sound. A deeper rumble on start up and idle and just a little louder when youre' going thru the gears easy. But romp on it a bit and she snarls and growls. Perfect for me.

Having said that, the car really snarls and growls now and from the seat of my pants, I can tell it's more powerful. Not sure by how much, but it's stronger and more responsive.

I'm well pleased with both the FR touring cats and the Bama tune. Might add a CAI next, which will require an updated tune from Bama but it'll be at no costs. Yea!
Beau-Thanks for taking the time having this posted up! I'm very happy to hear that you're enjoying your Bama tune on your 2015! I know we spoke about Cold Air's in the other thread you're posting in so I'll save it here!

Let me know if there's anything I can help out with in the meantime and enjoy!

I have a 2015 PP Gt with gibson catback and jlt intake sct x4 tuner by bama and i got 396hp on dyno, im going with a real tune now.....
Bat! What's going on! Your tune is perfect! What kind of dyno did you have the pulls made on? Did you get a stock pull? Before and after? Was their dyno calibrated? We did a dyno tune with an Airaid yesterday (The cars still on the dyno) and made 406, 385 stock! I can see that Paul had asked you for a datalog as well on this but he never received it? They're happy to get you the tune that's on that car right now let's get you set up!

You are right! And after reinstalling the 93 sport program the car runs even worse. It goes into a mode like the big semi's do when they are "engine braking".
It is already back to stock and the programmer is going back to American Muscle.
Again-Was the traction control off here?

I live off Palmetto and Military.
Pat,

If I have to fly down there with Paul to make this right, I will. Plus, I need to go back to the Dubliner if it's still there!

We will be in touch sir!

Last edited:

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
Let's talk as soon as we get a local meet going over a brew! I am really happy the way it runs rights now after this fiasco. I live off Palmetto and Military.
Sounds good man. Maybe this weekend. :cheers: Shoot me a PM

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
^ Great Customer support right here. SCT is a good company.

Also BBR boys will also get you right. The thing with the SCT devices is that you need to check for updates. I keep the program on my main computer, and I plug my SCT in to see if there are updates for it.

I run a tune on my Shelby, actually I have several for street, street/track, and full on bloody hell mode. (Race 100 octane +) Your tuner and tune is important for sure, and yes sometimes things get wonky. But in most cases, exp with the big tuners, and truly with a company like SCT, they have been around the block a couple of thousands times and can get things squared away when it goes wrong.

Its always great to tune the car. IMO Ford de-tunes them on purpose, and when you put a tune in, no matter how big/small your mods are, the car will WAKE up, and you will enjoy it all the more.

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Active/Pat! Sorry about the delay here but I just managed to locate this thread and boy does it seem like there's definitely some technical difficulties going on and I'd like to clear some of this up!

Right off the bat in your 14th post I can see that you managed to get the car into a "DEMO MODE" somehow which is where this initially started and I can see that you had been working with Paul on this! I didn't manage to get the car in the demo mode. That would require me going into device settings, scrolling down and clicking on the on/off button.

There's no way that both he or myself will let a fellow Floridian have this type of trouble! (I used to live right up the road in West Palm) and we definitely want you to be leaving 100ft strips of rubber down Military! TY

One of the things that I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around is the bucking and the redline; Is this by chance when you're dropping the hammer and traction control is engaging? Can you elaborate on this a little more or potentially maybe have a video posted of exactly what's happening? I tried it in standard, sport and track mode. Nothing changed. It hit the limiter around 5700. Once I slowed down, even to a couple grand and accellereted it bucked.

I want to get a better idea of what's occurring as you're saying powers shutting off at such a low rpm where the factory redline is considerably higher! Good question. Perhaps the Bama tune is set at 5700?

Just to recap this again...

-This began as a windows 8 issue Yes.
-We didn't need for you to go directly through SCT as Bama had the drivers that could've been sent (Bama has the Drivers and Instructions online on their Help Center that's here) Not correct. The X4 would not communicate with the computer. Therefor there was no way to install the updates. The tech from SCT had to remotely access my computer and it took him a good half hour to get them to talk to each other.
-Vehicle was put into demo mode; Bama didn't do this as the update you had did before flashing would have reset this. Well I didn't do it either.....
-Bama verified the car had some irregular flash when you called in initially and spoke with Justin Yes.
-They read the strategy code along with the codes that we're being thrown
-The reason you needed to call SCT was for a forced recovery file which Bama does not have access to. Actually the SCT tech walked me through the 'return to stock'. The Bama tech couldn't figure out what was up and directed me to SCT.
-The Demo mode flash is the first time the vehicle was bucking, which has nothing to do with Bama's tune! Sorry but after it was in the 'normal' mode and not the 'demo' mode the same problem existed. In fact this is when it started sounding like it was "engine braking" after it "bucked" when I was running it. I would have to classify it as worse or different.
-Bama had sent you multiple tunes to verify it was the same vehicle Yes.
-Every 2015 Tune that leaves Bama is created by Paul himself. Paul is human?

This is sounding like the right tune hadn't been loaded up! My thoughts!

CP-Just to shed a little bit more light on this the problems that arose are in direct relation to Windows and the slip of a finger here! The OP managed to get the car into a demo mode where this all started! I would personally assure you that Bama has safe and reliable tunes. I would have to say that is inaccurate. To put it in 'demo' mode requires effort. You have to scroll down to device settings, enter, scroll down to demo, enter, toggle that on/off button. That would be one heck of a "slip of the finger"

I've had the pleasure of romping on all of our 2015's as well which are running Bama tunes and they're incredible! I believe you. Mine is definitely an isolated incident, I am sure.

Pat,

If I have to fly down there with Paul to make this right, I will. Plus, I need to go back to the Dubliner if it's still there!

We will be in touch sir!

I will say that it is a hiccup in the technology somehow. I seriously doubt all of these tuners have issues or nobody would be using them. It's a new 2015 model. There is going to be issues and I accept it.
You guys at Bama have been trying to help me. It is just frustrating the darn thing has issues nobody can put a finger on.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

I will say that it is a hiccup in the technology somehow. I seriously doubt all of these tuners have issues or nobody would be using them. It's a new 2015 model. There is going to be issues and I accept it.
You guys at Bama have been trying to help me. It is just frustrating the darn thing has issues nobody can put a finger on.
Hey,

I know Paul has messaged you to help get some of the issues resolved and you're working back and forth with him. I'm also attached to the Bama Support Emails as well and he's trying to get video of what the cars exhibiting too.

Rest assured AmericanMuscle as well as Bama is committed to getting this resolved for you by any means necessary. This is absolutely not the norm with their tunes as Bama has sent out hundreds of 2015 Tunes without issues like this.

Keep me in the loop, I'm here to help!

Alex

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alex,

Yes, Paul e-mailed me. Thank you!

So everybody knows my intentions weren't or aren't to "internet" talk anybody in any of these companies is or has been anything but helpful. I guess I was looking to see if it was isolated or a problem many are having.

It looks like the issue more than anything is "ease of use" according to some of the comments.

I fully understand that when anything new comes out there is bound to be bumps. And that is right down to a new model car.

I am going to delete all the files in the X4 and reinstall just one of the tunes Paul sent me Yesterday and give it a shot. If there is a problem I will attempt to video it. If it cleans up the problem and the car runs even better that stock I will certainly say so.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Alex,

Yes, Paul e-mailed me. Thank you!

So everybody knows my intentions weren't or aren't to "internet" talk anybody in any of these companies is or has been anything but helpful. I guess I was looking to see if it was isolated or a problem many are having.

It looks like the issue more than anything is "ease of use" according to some of the comments.

I fully understand that when anything new comes out there is bound to be bumps. And that is right down to a new model car.

I am going to delete all the files in the X4 and reinstall just one of the tunes Paul sent me Yesterday and give it a shot. If there is a problem I will attempt to video it. If it cleans up the problem and the car runs even better that stock I will certainly say so.
Understood! I just wanted to make sure that you guys had clear communication between eachother! We hate to hear about little issues like this and it's definitely the last thing we want you to have on your plate.

I can only assume that it's gorgeous down there and we want you to be ripping around in style! I completely understand how you mean in regards to the ease of use and I've absolutely had my fair share of technical issues (I swear every time I need to get Firmware it turns into a debacle!)

Rest assured we're both here to help you in any way that we can.

Please keep me in the loop on this and if you're to have any other questions we can both be reached easily as emails are pushed to our mobile devices.

Thanks so much for your patience and for working with the both of us on this and I look forward to hear your feedback once this is cleared up.

Alex

Sponsored
OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alex,

Cleaned everything up and installed the fresh tune from the 17th. Still "no bueno".

Good news. It went back to stock with no issues so I can run it for the weekend.

I am going to put the program in one more time and see what I can accomplish with a video for you.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Alex,

Cleaned everything up and installed the fresh tune from the 17th. Still "no bueno".

Good news. It went back to stock with no issues so I can run it for the weekend.

I am going to put the program in one more time and see what I can accomplish with a video for you.
Understood-I'm attached to your tickets/emails so we're going to keep an eye out for the video and it's looking like Paul's going to shoot you a call shortly to go over a few things to diagnose this further!

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Alex,

Hi GT, if you are still having issues with getting a reliable tune put onto your car let us know! We have had no issues with tuning the 15 MY cars. We have been tuning the 15 MY since around September.

We actually have gone out and developed our own proprietary tuning software and tuning hardware. This way, we are not at the mercy of another company's limitations.

Here are a few videos of our tuning in action:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]3_rmRtkZ5C4[/MEDIA]"]
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Gt_5oYd95Lg[/MEDIA]"]

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Hi GT, if you are still having issues with getting a reliable tune put onto your car let us know! We have had no issues with tuning the 15 MY cars. We have been tuning the 15 MY since around September.

Here are a few videos of our tuning in action:

Bama has tuned a couple hundred 2015's already with absolutely no issues. Our customers are very happy with their tunes and the OP's been having technical issues that are unrelated. Our lead calibrator is going to be in the area next week on vacation and has already set up time to meet!

For your viewing pleasure:

[ame]

Last edited:
OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to say I appreciate the offers from a couple of you guys out there with my situation. Thank you!

I have to say I was blown away today when I answered my phone and the man himself, Paul Meister, was on the phone to say he was flying here next week to help with my situation.

He told me of the number of tunes that have been successful with the BAMA guys and really is concerned what went wrong. He's bringing a fresh tuner as well as tunes so we can go play on the freeway!

I feel confident enough with the way this is being handled that I just bought my self a Christmas present from American Muscle. A new cold-air Airaid! It will be here by the time we tune!
airaid.jpg
Sponsored