SCT X4 "NO BUENO"

15EBStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Remember that thread "how safe are tunes?"
I stand by my comments in that thread.
I've had 12 cars tuned in the last few years and absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Sorry to hear about your issues OP. I'm sure it's happened to every company at some point or another.
Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I am receiving a vehicle unsupported error on my X4 from Bama delivered this evening.

Which sucks because I had optimistically already changed to the JLT intake. And the Bama tuner for the '15s left for the day.

Update: apparently most '15s read as "unsupported", and you just need to ignore that and choose one of the custom tunes. The click past the scary SCT warning about overwriting supplied tunes.

A simple instruction sheet would have made for less irritation. I got spoiled by Cobb AP3 on my FoST, tons of instructions, full tune descriptions showing on the device for custom tunes, much more intuitive.

Last edited:

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
My issues were resolved just by running update after update. Even when it said already updated,I'd go to the car,vehicle unsupported, plug back into my computer and check for more updates. It now works fine

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Quick question...Will an Sct x3 be able to data log my mustang? The one I have is for my 4.0 Ranger

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
My issues were resolved just by running update after update. Even when it said already updated,I'd go to the car,vehicle unsupported, plug back into my computer and check for more updates. It now works fine
That's kinda my issue with this. Update after update? It's $400. It should pretty much just work. I spent Friday trying, on the phone and on hold and most of Monday just to bring it back to stock.

Heck, it was stock when I started out Friday morning and ran just fine.

Sponsored

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
After I used the software updater device on my computer the X4 worked fine. I loaded my strategy tune and every ran fine no stalling or bucking. Installed my JLT and reflash and everything still was g2g.

It was when I returned to stock that it idled rough and rpms started increasing towards red line so I shut the car off. I loaded my Lund tune and everything has been good again.

My pcm is CUD btw

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I'm glad to hear the OP got his issue sorted out so he can enjoy his car again. Too bad it was such a pain though.

How many PCM codes are there? Mine is a EFB (last 3 chars on P/N, right?). I've heard that it's supported now.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Maybe the mustang is a lot different. I came from evo's and we had ROM'S. Every year there were maybe 5 or 6 different ROM'S but with mustangs it seems almost every car is personalized

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Got the FR touring cat backs installed this morning and I really like sound. A deeper rumble on start up and idle and just a little louder when youre' going thru the gears easy. But romp on it a bit and she snarls and growls. Perfect for me.

Also recieved and uploaded my Bama tune this evening. The upload to the car went smoothly but updating the handheld device from my PC, which apparently is required, was a pain in the arse.

Having said that, the car really snarls and growls now and from the seat of my pants, I can tell it's more powerful. Not sure by how much, but it's stronger and more responsive.

I'm well pleased with both the FR touring cats and the Bama tune. Might add a CAI next, which will require an updated tune from Bama but it'll be at no costs. Yea!

Batmobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I have a 2015 PP Gt with gibson catback and jlt intake sct x4 tuner by bama and i got 396hp on dyno, im going with a real tune now.....

Sponsored
OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bama sent me fresh tunes this morning. Going to install them and go run it.

Am I insane? It runs so nice as it is???? :crazy:

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bama sent me fresh tunes this morning. Going to install them and go run it.

Am I insane? It runs so nice as it is???? :crazy:
You already know you can get back to stock even if things go wacky, so what the hell!

Easy for me to say...

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You already know you can get back to stock even if things go wacky, so what the hell!

Easy for me to say...
You are right! And after reinstalling the 93 sport program the car runs even worse. It goes into a mode like the big semi's do when they are "engine braking".

It is already back to stock and the programmer is going back to American Muscle.

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
You are right! And after reinstalling the 93 sport program the car runs even worse. It goes into a mode like the big semi's do when they are "engine braking".

It is already back to stock and the programmer is going back to American Muscle.

Shoot me a call. Lets talk about this. I am sure I can square you away. :headbang:

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What a pain, glad to hear you got back to stock again without any of the original issues.
Sponsored