Sponsored

WHITELINE Trans Mount Insert for the 2015 Mustang GT's (manual only)

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
This wont change the engagement point of the clutch, just give you better feel or feedback from the pedal. Instead of it being easy to push/release, it will increase force by about 30%, which in turn helps with controlling engaging and disengaging much better.
That's one of my biggest gripes...not being able to feel the clutch engagement. Makes me feel like a shitty driver! Putting on my exhaust did help, because I can actually hear the rpms drop when it starts to engage. I'll be doing this in the next few days.

Steve, any idea on my question above about shifter bushings? I know the transmission insert bushing is the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
I don't see anyone making shifter bushings as this insert with an another brand shifter will fix the issues (somewhat)

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'm not talking about buying a shifter replacement, just a bushing for the oem shifter like on 11-14's.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Nice the bracket should help tons. I kinda want to wait for the MGW shifter assembly, I consider it the ultimate upgrade for the trans.
On another note, just took the clutch return/assist spring and omg, I feel like I was just introduced to my cars clutch. The spring really gives an artificial feel, now I really know the engagement points of the clutch. Pedal feels 20% heavier, but I'm used to race clutches.
How do you remove the spring?

OP
OP

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
Let's keep this on track guys on the insert. Removing the spring should be another "HOW TO" thread

Thanks

Sponsored

Driveshaft Shop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford
just keep in mind when changing the mount to a more solid product the harmonics and drivetrain noise will increase.

SPEEDFREAK13

Reaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Does anyone have a DIY for this? I have 1 sitting at home I'm installing next week.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Has anyone done this already? Any feedback on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did it a few weeks ago. I did notice increased noise and vibration. I remember I saw a thread awhile back on the 11-14s where they would cut a 2in hole in the center of the insert to reduce the vibration. I pulled the insert out and did a 1in hole, because at the time I didnt remember the size. Cutting the hole helped alot with vibration, but beyond the added vibration I didnt see any added benefit from it.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Does anyone have a DIY for this? I have 1 sitting at home I'm installing next week.
Its very very simple, I did it on some ramps in a few minutes. It probably took me longer to get on the ramps than it did to install the insert. One tip I would give is to not skimp on the lube, if its not sliding in easy use more lube.

[ame]

Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
A lot of people cut off the center piece completely.

That is how the nvh is being transferred through the transmission bracket and into the body of the car.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I did it and removed it. Couldnt tell a difference except for increased vibes. And yes I did drill a hole in it, no I didnt cut the bottom off completely because whats the point after that?

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
You guys who say you didnt notice a difference do realize that this is to help with shifting at high rpms and isnt supposed to cause much change with daily driving right? I had this in my old car and it was definitely noticeable with aggressive driving.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I did it and removed it. Couldnt tell a difference except for increased vibes. And yes I did drill a hole in it, no I didnt cut the bottom off completely because whats the point after that?
From my research on this piece:

While a full complete center piece is probably best you still retain most functionality with the two side pieces and you eliminate almost all increased NVH.

For how little priced this piece is I'd still use it with the center cut off for any potential gain no matter how small.

This piece should help with high rpm shifts when there is lateral movement (side-to-side) in the drive-train. It won't do much if you are only driving straight.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
From my research on this piece:

This piece should help with high rpm shifts when there is lateral movement (side-to-side) in the drive-train. It won't do much if you are only driving straight.
It's not about if you are driving in a straight line or turning. It's about the torque from the driveline that twists the transmission. Since the remote shifter is mounted to the chassis at the rear you can miss shifts at full throttle because the shifter linkage doesn't line up correctly with the transmission twisted.
Sponsored