Sponsored

Stainless Works 2015 5.0L GT Exhaust Video

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Go back to post 707 beef thats where its at.And yes I said I would let it go then sw sends me a post of having an agenda.Im not letting that go.So again I will leave it alone, everybody leave me out of their post.I called sw they have my number if they want to talk.
Sponsored

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
I would have told you the same thing I always say, but a catback for the sound you want.

on a product that is known to be worth maybe 5hp, that isn't the product I would be investing in dyno testing on, and if you are going to,

get logs,

you have no idea what iat's were, coolant temp, timing, what the car was commanding to do, cat temp, etc...

enjoy your system and car.

find the other threads where people posted cat backs supposedly getting 20hp. I laughed and said it ain't happening. Any mfg that claims something like that is in for a rude awakening, and they are misleading people
With this post, theirs nothing else that should be said on this.

3 different companies and the actual manufacturer are here to help and explain this but the responses we are getting pretty much sound like this "yeah but still"

If someone is not happy with an catback exhaust, they have EVERY right to return or sell it. This is usually based on the sound they hoped for and they did not get. I go through this a lot and I'm sure other vendors to do. I have a local who has legit put every axle back on his 2013 because he wants a certain sound. But the point we are trying to make and like Terry showed posting the graphs (which is about as real as you can get), trying to make hp off an catback is not realistic. It's for sound only. It's been like this since 2005.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I work seven days a week, 12 hour shifts. Noone else stepped up to test it. Only me. I did it the best way I could. The best way possible? Nope. But within my time frame being 50 miles from a dyno and by myself? Dann straight, it was the best I could do.

You keep showing that pic, I'll ask again. Why do open headers make more power?

Love my car, enjoy it immensely, especially how it sounds. Never said otherwise. Hands down, S.W. sounds the best.
thats easy, open headers are dumping, they have no bends or resonators or mufflers or any restriction

it is the most flow that you can get.

I love the idea of customers testing stuff. It just needs to be done the correct way. I'm not picking on you at all. But without seeing the timing the car had, iat's, exhaust temps, etc..

There really isn't any information there. A dyno is a tool for tuning, and to help measure performance gains or losses, but it's only a tool. If you don't use it right, it's not going to work.

I would be more than happy to show you how to datalog your car, if you'd like to have that shop do a before and after again, on the same day similar to what we did.

Then you can see everything going on.

I am also happy for anyone else to come locally with any system they buy, magnaflow, kooks, Gibson, etc.. to come in for a before after and I guarantee results will be very similar.

A catback just isn't going to generate more than a few horses.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance

3 different companies and the actual manufacturer are here to help and explain this but the responses we are getting pretty much sound like this "yeah but still"

If someone is not happy with an catback exhaust, they have EVERY right to return or sell it. This is usually based on the sound they hoped for and they did not get. I go through this a lot and I'm sure other vendors to do. I have a local who has legit put every axle back on his 2013 because he wants a certain sound. But the point we are trying to make and like Terry showed posting the graphs (which is about as real as you can get), trying to make hp off an catback is not realistic. It's for sound only. It's been like this since 2005.
Nice try, but there's no way in hell anyone is getting my SW H-Pipe Cat-Back system back. :headbang:

Last nights test got me all the answers I needed. I guess some people were expecting more than they got, and I trust they'll continue their search. Perhaps they'll even find one that gets them the extra 5 hp they expected. I don't think you'll notice that in the butt dyno though, so it's just chasing a number as near as I can tell.

I'm just waiting for the tuner firmware compatibility issue to be fully worked out before I take the next step and add a CAI and tune. I don't want to have any hassle with a tune not taking properly as some have had. I'll wait until a few people report the issue is fully resolved before I take that step. I definitely would expect to be able to feel that change in the butt dyno though.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition

Well said!

Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Speaking of horses... The H pipe is just amazing. It sounds incredible! I will take some videos later.

It is noticeably louder in the cabin, not obnoxiously so, but if you put and throttle in it you will not hear low volume conversation or music as well. It is not an exhaust you can let your SO sleep easily on a long road trip but it's not going to make you hate long trips either.

The drone is maybe 1-2 out of 10 and only present in odd rpm/load ranges so far. I don't hear any except a little briefly getting up to speed. Idle is delicious and urban and highway driving have a good note without rattling anything to pieces. Didn't try engine braking as still breaking in the engine, but with the amount of time you spend doing that in normal driving even if it does exacerbate drone a bit I doubt it will give any concern.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Speaking of horses... The H pipe is just amazing. It sounds incredible! I will take some videos later.

It is noticeably louder in the cabin, not obnoxiously so, but if you put and throttle in it you will not hear low volume conversation or music as well. It is not an exhaust you can let your SO sleep easily on a long road trip but it's not going to make you hate long trips either.

The drone is maybe 1-2 out of 10 and only present in odd rpm/load ranges so far. I don't hear any except a little briefly getting up to speed. Idle is delicious and urban and highway driving have a good note without rattling anything to pieces. Didn't try engine braking as still breaking in the engine, but with the amount of time you spend doing that in normal driving even if it does exacerbate drone a bit I doubt it will give any concern.
huh?

anyway, upload as many videos as possible

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance

I get a rise of sound from about 60-65mph when in 6th. Once I get to 70, it settles back down. I wouldn't call it drone at all though. I believe it's actually caused by the spare tire area. It's essentially a huge bass drum when it gets vibrating at a certain frequency. It's very pronounced when you leave the seats down, but the seats muffle the effect a good amount.

I want to try adding some sound deadening material to the spare tire area and see how that changes things. Perhaps even coating it with some rhino liner would help reduce the noise.

The engine braking isn't bad at all on the sound. Gives it a nice rumble. The only time I got really concerned with this was when I first put on the system, had the rear seats down, and was on a 6% downgrade. It was within the first mile of using the new system, and I was a little concerned as the sound was like putting your head in a bass drum and hitting it as quickly as you could.

Now that I've gotten a few miles on it, the cruising sound is quite nice. Yes, you can hear it, and you have to turn the music up if you want to enjoy the music. But having the engine in the background is quite relaxing. I think it actually makes a nice white noise while cruising.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Nice try, but there's no way in hell anyone is getting my SW H-Pipe Cat-Back system back. :headbang:

Last nights test got me all the answers I needed. I guess some people were expecting more than they got, and I trust they'll continue their search. Perhaps they'll even find one that gets them the extra 5 hp they expected. I don't think you'll notice that in the butt dyno though, so it's just chasing a number as near as I can tell.

I'm just waiting for the tuner firmware compatibility issue to be fully worked out before I take the next step and add a CAI and tune. I don't want to have any hassle with a tune not taking properly as some have had. I'll wait until a few people report the issue is fully resolved before I take that step. I definitely would expect to be able to feel that change in the butt dyno though.
yep, pm me your pcm code, it is the last 3 digits on the 2nd row and i'll let you know if that's one we are tuning without issue

glad your happy!

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing

HAHA

If you happen to have a SCT device or a friend with one, get the 7 digit code and I can see if its open yet. If not, might as well start it so your set :cheers:
In general too with having the ability to tune it.

Sponsored

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Anyone with a S.W. catback live in Minnesota? I want to hear / ride lol.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm going to put together a comprehensive video of the SW catback with an x-pipe similar to the one I did for my Corsa Xtremes. Stay tuned.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No. I have to get the footage. I'll probably put something together this Sunday depending on my friends schedule (owner of the car with the setup).

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
No. I have to get the footage. I'll probably put something together this Sunday depending on my friends schedule (owner of the car with the setup).
Wait, it's not even your car?
Sponsored