Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Anyone with this intake, did you run into the filter being shoved into the metal brace on the drivers side of the engine compartment?

Mine has the filter element wedged hard up against a sharp corner, and will be tearing through soon with engine movement. I cut a piece of rubber hose to shield it, but there is nothing to hold it in place.

Only way I can see to fix it is either beating down or sawing off the metal (hell no), or grinding the JLT intake box where the intake tube comes in, relieving it on the rear edge to let the tube and filter tilt slightly further in.

Pics:
EZQuKA.jpg

AfcKLz.jpg

GHHmWi.jpg

1Cvrok.jpg
Mine fits pretty close,maybe not as tight but I'm sure with engine movement it probably hits

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
Too funny how the internet works.

Look, when you have an issue, question or anything with a product call, email or PM the company first.
Running to the internet, taking pictures, uploading them, typing a thread, linking pictures and waiting for people who don't have the product to give you help is the longest way to get something resolved.

Before anyone responds with anything argumentative, just think.

Every shop on the planet has installed this exact product, posted their impressions and gains.
We have sold over 200 units and no one has posted anything like this.

The title makes the product look like it has a flaw and to those who do not open it, that is a negative against the brand in the title.
As you see it didn't have a flaw, 1 customers needed to take a few extra seconds to make an adjustment, there is a huge difference.
All I'm saying is, before jumping on the net:
Take a second and readjust it
Call or email for help

I'm not asking for anything ridiculous.

bvdog: Squeeze the stock tube at the grille and get the JLT duct to slide over it but bumping it from inside the shield. It should go over it by 1"
It is meant to be a tight friction fit.

If you need further help, please email me directly and we can get you fixed up.
[email protected]

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks

Look, when you have an issue, question or anything with a product call, email or PM the company first.
Running to the internet, taking pictures, uploading them, typing a thread, linking pictures and waiting for people who don't have the product to give you help is the longest way to get something resolved.

Every shop on the planet has installed this exact product, posted their impressions and gains.

The title makes the product look like it has a flaw and to those who do not open it, that is a negative against the brand in the title.
As you see it didn't have a flaw, 1 customers needed to take a few extra seconds to make an adjustment, there is a huge difference.
Call or email for help

bvdog: Squeeze the stock tube at the grille and get the JLT duct to slide over it but bumping it from inside the shield. It should go over it by 1"

[email protected]

FWIW I think my JLT has excellent fitment. I don't have issues with the filter rubbing anything. It's a pretty nice piece.

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond

Call or email for help

[email protected]

EXACTLY! It's rather bad on this site for that too. It's like the updated corral.net here. A lot of interest in floor mats, license plate frames and post a exhaust clip.

Very few have actually ever had a fast car that they built, made a pass or took a lap. (I'll give credit to two guys I go back and forth with, 908ssp and squidd, they stand out as guys that have dirty fingers and do work.)

The rest have never or will never. I'm sure I'm missing A TON of guys. But I'd bet everyone in the "what did you name your mustang" thread falls outside of the actual car guy category

Fyi my jlt cai went on without a problem at all. Beer in one hand

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing

Call or email for help

[email protected]
:cheers:

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Don't put me in that group of floormat and exhaust vidja folks! :paddle:

I know EXACTLY what your talking about though Anthony! :cheers:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

With this I agree.

Understand your position, and that surely can happen in the wonderful world of the Internet. However, the OP did change the title. I presume you saw that, correct?

Call or email for help

[email protected]
Thanks for your communication here.

OP
OP
2Cool

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
As someone that has done a lot of work on cars, I certainly don't give a rat's posterior about floor mats and interior lighting. Done plenty of heads and cam swaps, force induction installs, on everything from GM to every single generation of Mustangs. Once you do a C5 heads and cam and Vortech install in your garage on jack stands, you can handle pretty much anything (still wonder what moron put the steering rack directly in front of the harmonic balancer).

This install just gave me pause, and took seeing another installation to realize the filter pivots down when the bend is raised upward, using the intake box as a fulcrum. Was more of a visualization issue than anything else. It was a case where clearer instructions would of removed the mental block on getting it in with clearance.

Other than that, nice installation, good looking part, nice sound and butt dyno improvement.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
In Jay's first photo (black tube), the filter is equidistant from the filter housing walls and the tube sits about 1 inch back from the radiator shroud.
In the second photo (orange tube), the filter is rotated farther to the rear, nudging the rear filter housing. The tube extends more foreward than the black tube.
The orange tube assembly is rotated more counter-clockwise than the black assembly.
"2Cool"s assembly is rotated even more clockwise than the black assembly.
2Cool's assembly needs to be rotated counter-clockwise. And it appear's from all three photos that the filter assembly can be rotated quite a bit to clear the metal brace.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EXACTLY! It's rather bad on this site for that too. It's like the updated corral.net here. A lot of interest in floor mats, license plate frames and post a exhaust clip.

Very few have actually ever had a fast car that they built, made a pass or took a lap. (I'll give credit to two guys I go back and forth with, 908ssp and squidd, they stand out as guys that have dirty fingers and do work.)

The rest have never or will never.

This made me laugh and shake my head...since when does joining or participating in a forum have the prerequisite that you have to be a gear head? Thought this was a forum for enthusiasts not just mechanics.

Tokyosmash!

Moving and shaking.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2013 Focus ST
ITT: JLT gets butthurt because someone isn't worshiping their intake. I have one, it also makes contact there, I don't care is the difference. It performs well, that's what matters.

As for this site, there's a lot of man children who have never turned a wrench or owned a sports car before, hence the "why are my brakes loud" and "what exhaust will make my car sound like one from the 60's" threads.

On Jay, what's with the attitude man? I get that you're a supporting vendor, but coming in here and immediately spewing venom makes you look like an asshole. Whether that was your intention or not, it's how it came off. You're in the business of making money, not turning off potential customers.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
The only issue with this tread is when a vendor ask for a thread to be remove especially without a valid reason!!!!

Hope it will not happen! In my opinion nothing was terribly wrong with the original title (JLT fitment issue).

We all can read and built opinions with the facts presented.

That being said I probably still be going with the JLT CAI as it is seem a excellent product!

Last edited:

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITT: JLT gets butthurt because someone isn't worshiping their intake. I have one, it also makes contact there, I don't care is the difference. It performs well, that's what matters.

As for this site, there's a lot of man children who have never turned a wrench or owned a sports car before, hence the "why are my brakes loud" and "what exhaust will make my car sound like one from the 60's" threads.

On Jay, what's with the attitude man? I get that you're a supporting vendor, but coming in here and immediately spewing venom makes you look like an asshole. Whether that was your intention or not, it's how it came off. You're in the business of making money, not turning off potential customers.

Bravo sir....
Sponsored