Sponsored

X-Plan on New Mustang

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Anyone know if the new Dream Big $500 works with the $750 EAA rebate? Would be sweet to get another $500 off.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Anyone know if the new Dream Big $500 works with the $750 EAA rebate? Would be sweet to get another $500 off.
Yes, $750 EAA is separate from everything else. Dream Big Expires about the same time as EAA. Dream Big replaced Black Friday. My dealer reported my car sold on Dec 1st so I wouldn't lose my Black Friday rebate. Plus we could finalize paperwork because the EAA only shows up in Vincent once the car is reported sold. It showed up by the next day. I'm doing a cash deal so I needed my P&S to get my check from the bank.

Total I saved: $1250 + X-Plan.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Quick question how much did you guys put down on your x-plan purchase
My car total was $37,705 without any discounts being added. (all options in signature)
I have saved up $3,800 for a down payment (10% of selling price) but I wanted to know how much others put down. I have NOT factored in the X-plan discount.

Could you guys help me out, could I get away with like 3k out the door ?

I should add I have good credit 730 fico

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
My car total was $37,705 without any discounts being added. (all options in signature)
I have saved up $3,800 for a down payment (10% of selling price) but I wanted to know how much others put down. I have NOT factored in the X-plan discount.

Depends on the banks and your credit really. I usually don't put any money down when I finance a car, as I'm terrible at saving money :-) I put $1000 down that was required by my dealer to order my car and that's all I plan to put down period!

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe

Provided you have decent credit history, most finance companies are looking for you just to have a decent loan to value (ie, car costs more than you are financing). Sounds 'obvious/easy' until you tack on extended warranty, sales tax, docs, dealer installed accessories, etc. that you need to pay for.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

LOL I guess you guys like huge car payments :)

I put down $8K.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
LOL I guess you guys like huge car payments :)

I put down $8K.
Good for you.

Not everyone has 8 grand to put down on a car. "LOL :)"

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I put down $500 on my 46k Mustang GT PP. Got x-plan pricing as well. With interest rates being so low, I don't see the need to put down more than 500 on a car but that is my thoughts:D

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I put down $500 on my 46k Mustang GT PP. Got x-plan pricing as well. With interest rates being so low, I don't see the need to put down more than 500 on a car but that is my thoughts:D

Exactly, I got an interest rate in the 2%, that's basically free money. If you got the 8k to throw down then that's fine. If it was me, I'd keep cash in pocket or throw it into medium risk mutual fund and get an 8-10% return on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Exactly, I got an interest rate in the 2%, that's basically free money. If you got the 8k to throw down then that's fine. If it was me, I'd keep cash in pocket or throw it into medium risk mutual fund and get an 8-10% return on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumbsup:

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
We all have different life situations that allow us to spend our money differently. I personally don't think this is a good topic.

t76turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Few...
I hate to ask something that has probably been answered 20 times. But I havent found it yet. I am still wading through all the search results where the terms come up.

What is EAA?

And how do you get the other rebates mentioned like 'Ford Direct' and 'Private Cash' etc?

I get x-plan through my employer. And am not quite ready to order or purchase yet. But when I do, I hope to grab all the rebates etc possible..

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I hate to ask something that has probably been answered 20 times. But I havent found it yet. I am still wading through all the search results where the terms come up.

What is EAA?

And how do you get the other rebates mentioned like 'Ford Direct' and 'Private Cash' etc?

I get x-plan through my employer. And am not quite ready to order or purchase yet. But when I do, I hope to grab all the rebates etc possible..

You can read the thread or use the search option, not trying to be condescending or mean, just been discussed so many times.

EAA is a memebership which you pay $40 for:

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/join-eaa/individual

Perks are X-Plan and a $750 rebate if used before January 5th I believe. You MUST take delivery before that time.

Ford Direct and Private cash are promotions sent by Ford, mostly by requesting brochures of their different vehicle types. Usually a $750 offer will be bundled in one of the requested brochures.

Next time, please make use of the search tools in this forum and also take the time to read as most of us which know of the information have done.

t76turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Few...
You can read the thread or use the search option, not trying to be condescending or mean, just been discussed so many times.

EAA is a memebership which you pay $40 for:

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/join-eaa/individual

Perks are X-Plan and a $750 rebate if used before January 5th I believe. You MUST take delivery before that time.

Ford Direct and Private cash are promotions sent by Ford, mostly by requesting brochures of their different vehicle types. Usually a $750 offer will be bundled in one of the requested brochures.

Next time, please make use of the search tools in this forum and also take the time to read as most of us which know of the information have done.
Thank you. I appreciate it very much. No offense taken. I usually say to myself, why didn’t the guy just use the search! Which is why in this case I very clearly said I DID SEARCH but didn’t get clear info.

I am a Senior IT Developer and more tech savvy than most. But maybe I am missing an obvious word combo that would have brought me right to the info I need.

Search for eaa. You get this response: 'Sorry - No Matches. Please try some different terms' Maybe it is a word length limitation.

Search for private cash. You get 30 threads that mention the term 'private cash' but don’t go into detail about what it is. Kinda like all the other lingo and acronyms that car sites become peppered with. You have to know where it all started to know what the definition is.

Search for Ford Direct. You get 235 threads. Same thing as above. I was wading through threads looking for a clear definition and how to get said rebate. But didn’t see it. Only saw the term mentioned as if I am instinctively supposed to know what it means.

Not belaboring the point. Just stating that because YOU know where to look for the info or already knew it going in, doesn’t mean it is easy to find with the search field. I am still going to hunt for more info in the forum. But your info consolidates it so I hope it helps not just me.

So again, thank you for the info.
Sponsored