AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Alltheponies.... Well, not really.....

You have to love the input from the GT crowd. Makes me laugh.

5.0.jpg
All hail those that can’t afford Ferraris, but still feel the need to look down their noses on those who are slightly poorer.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If that’s happening around the rest of the country and the pending recession from the non stop interest rate hikes comes to fruition then there will be a whole lot less ADM nonsense to deal with in the future. What’s everyone else seeing at their dealers in terms of inventory?
100 mustangs on the Ourisman lot. 10% off on much of them. Lindsay in Wheaton only has 8 or so after a long drought and all marked down 10%. Haven't seen a M1 discounted off the lot yet.

Oh and the last GT500 they sold was 5K adm. The one before that (Brittany HE) was 10 or 15K because 2 guys were in a bidding war.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All hail those that can’t afford Ferraris, but still feel the need to look down their noses on those who are slightly poorer.
Newsflash, I can afford whatever I want. I am a ford guy because of family history with the ford motor company.

And then there is you..... performance at a bargain because you cant afford it.

This is just another ADM thread with all the usual GT guys coming in and throwing around their insignificant opinions.

The people that have skin in the game really don't care what you think.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Don’t think there’s a prancing horse in the bunch on here, atleast I haven’t seen it. I’ve never heard anybody actually knock the Gt’s, there are bargain performance wise for the dollar you spend. There great cars. For whatever reason the same respect doesn’t go both ways for whatever reason. I don’t think anybody cares on here where someone’s financial means are either. I’ve always liked mustangs, from the first new 87Gt I bought till now.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Don’t think there’s a prancing horse in the bunch on here, atleast I haven’t seen it. I’ve never heard anybody actually knock the Gt’s, there are bargain performance wise for the dollar you spend. They’re great cars. For whatever reason the same respect doesn’t go both ways for whatever reason. I don’t think anybody cares on here where someone’s financial means are either. I’ve always liked mustangs, from the first new 87Gt I bought till now.
I had an ‘89 Mustang GT that my wife really liked so that’s where it started for me. I sold my 6G Mustang and Bronco a few months back, which is where my name came from. I’ve been keeping an eye out for for good deals since then. Seems like the spring will have plenty of good options with the changing supply/demand situation and the pending S650 launch.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It’ll be interesting to see how the 650 is received. I’m not a fan but haven’t seen it in person yet. Has to many camaro cue’s for me personally. New Gt’s are still at a decent price point. What I think we will see best cast on those cars is a little off msrp and special finance rates next year. The rate’s have had more of a cooling affect then actual price’s in my opinion. The other thing that will play in to this is Ford being the only pony car producer any more. To what affect time will tell.

I had an ‘89 Mustang GT that my wife really liked so that’s where it started for me. I sold my 6G Mustang and Bronco a few months back, which is where my name came from. I’ve been keeping an eye out for for good deals since then. Seems like the spring will have plenty of good options with the changing supply/demand situation and the pending S650 launch.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It’ll be interesting to see how the 650 is received. I’m not a fan but haven’t seen it in person yet. Has to many camaro cue’s for me personally. New Gt’s are still at a decent price point. What I think we will see best cast on those cars is a little off msrp and special finance rates next year. The rate’s have had more of a cooling affect then actual price’s in my opinion. The other thing that will play in to this is Ford being the only pony car producer any more. To what affect time will tell.
I saw the 2024 Mustang at the launch event in downtown Detroit. I think they look great with a spoiler. I would only buy a S550 at this point with a pretty heavy discount. The new Mustang is supposed to have more HP, better handling, and updated technology.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Newsflash, I can afford whatever I want. I am a ford guy because of family history with the ford motor company.

And then there is you..... performance at a bargain because you cant afford it.

This is just another ADM thread with all the usual GT guys coming in and throwing around their insignificant opinions.

The people that have skin in the game really don't care what you think.
I could buy a GT500 at any time, but don’t ever plan to because I like driving a manual too much.

I’ve been looking at Mach 1s, but they are too much money compared to what you can get with a Camaro SS 1LE.

If I ever brought the Camaro home though, I’d have a whole bunch of family upset with me.

I’m not sure why posting in a thread that’s on Mustang 6Gs homepage is such a crime. It does provide some comedy from time to time though:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-on-the-real-gt350-forum-without-tech.179716/

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I really liked the new Camaro’s until I sat in them. Was to compact for me. That said. I‘d really like to pick up a Z28 one day, the last run.

I could buy a GT500 at any time, but don’t ever plan to because I like driving a manual too much.

I’ve been looking at Mach 1s, but they are too much money compared to what you can get with a Camaro SS 1LE.

If I ever brought the Camaro home though, I’d have a whole bunch of family upset with me.

I’m not sure why posting in a thread that’s on Mustang 6Gs homepage is such a crime. It does provide some comedy from time to time though:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-on-the-real-gt350-forum-without-tech.179716/

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
just to add, I don t blame the dealers as much as Ford for allowing this type of business .
I'm with you there. If a dealer is given a product for which supply is low and demand is high, they deserve to get whatever someone is willing to pay. I've seen quite a few times people bragging about buying a car and then later selling it for a profit. There's a huge thread on the GT350 forum about it. Nothing wrong with that either. The dealers and owners are both just selling something for the most they can get.

Ford, on the other hand, could fix the issue easily by making more cars. That bothers me a little. On one hand I kind of like it because it makes the cars more special, but as a potential buyer I'd prefer that Ford would build more of those cars to make it easier for me to purchase them.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I really liked the new Camaro’s until I sat in them. Was to compact for me. That said. I‘d really like to pick up a Z28 one day, the last run.
Who wouldn’t want a 7 liter V8 with a manual?

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Well there you go. Glad you enjoy coming in here to stir the pot. Nothing else in the world to keep you occupied? Gotta love the internet.
What exactly did I do to stir the pot? I shared an opinion about the market for Mustangs in a thread about the market for Mustangs and asked for others input. I didn’t ask for you to assume that I couldn’t afford a GT500, which, yes, I found quite offensive. Was my response constructive? No. Would I rather own a Ferrari, if I could afford it? Yes.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
What exactly did I do to stir the pot? I shared an opinion about the market for Mustangs in a thread about the market for Mustangs and asked for others input. I didn’t ask for you to assume that I couldn’t afford a GT500, which, yes, I found quite offensive. Was my response constructive? No. Would I rather own a Ferrari, if I could afford it? Yes.
Not sure why posting in a thread that’s on Mustang 6Gs homepage is such a crime. It does provide some comedy from time to time though:

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Status
Not open for further replies.