Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fitted the California Pony Cars Mustang Splash Shields, front and rear. They look ok and should prevent any more stone chips from occurring.

Fitting wasn't difficult but rear wheels must be removed to allow sufficient access.

The CPC youtube video showing the install method is not accurate. My 2017 GT does not have 4 mounting fasteners for the wheel arch liner, only 3. This results in the upper section of the rear splash guards not conforming to the curve of the arch. I fitted some Gorilla double sided mounting tape but am not pleased with the result. I expected better given the price of these items. I guess in a few weeks when it annoys me enough I may have to put in a little self tapping screw in the upper section.
IMG_4552.jpg
IMG_4554.jpg
IMG_4557.jpg
IMG_4558.jpg
On the rears, you can easily remove the small euro splash guard which will allow the larger guards to fit better / neater :like:

1663842758014.jpeg

Small euro guard on the right :

1663842816240.jpeg

WD :like:
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Got started on my Roush install...
IMG_1460.jpg
Looks like I'm not the only one getting this on the toy. Except you have the technical to do it yourself. Jelly LOL Would have saved me a few k.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Looks like I'm not the only one getting this on the toy. Except you have the technical to do it yourself. Jelly LOL Would have saved me a few k.
It's pretty straightforward, although even with my experience I'd still wince a little bit removing all the delicate plastic parts and harness clips, lol. I still haven't decided if I want to do a turbo kit or a supercharger. They both have pros and cons...

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
It's pretty straightforward, although even with my experience I'd still wince a little bit removing all the delicate plastic parts and harness clips, lol. I still haven't decided if I want to do a turbo kit or a supercharger. They both have pros and cons...
Still, more knowledge and tools are required than what I have at my disposal.

I went with the SC because Ford/Roush will warranty it so it's as close to a GT500 in terms of power as I'm going to get AND still have a Warranty. The days of me trying to be the fastest kid on the streets are looooong behind me.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Not an auto tech by any means, just taking my time and following instructions, line by line.

Reactions: MCS

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@WD Pro sorry taken so long to reply but I forgot I had an underside pic on my phone. Looks to me like there is no stuff applied... As far as I can tell. 🧐
IMG_20220415_191242.jpg

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
@WD Pro sorry taken so long to reply but I forgot I had an underside pic on my phone. Looks to me like there is no stuff applied... As far as I can tell. 🧐
IMG_20220415_191242.jpg
The exhaust looks to be painted black (except for he installed aftermarket H-pipe), and the differential also looks black. If they where spray painted black when new, then that's what was applied for the EU models.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Nodster

Yeah difficult to tell on that to be fair. Everything seems to have darkened naturally with age. Even the foil heat shields and rear arms.

I did see one the other day where they had missed the rear arms completely but still done down the middle.

It is very inconsistent and seems very much car / day / operative dependant.

The only thing on yours that looks obviously black / out of place are the inward facing sides of the exhaust around the front of the diff.

Can I pinch that photo ? There was another thread where there was some question if the rear arms were painted silver or clear anodised from the factory - your arms suggest they are left as bare aluminium.

Cheers,

edit : just seen @GT Pony post above :like:

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Nodster

Yeah difficult to tell on that to be fair. Everything seems to have darkened naturally with age. Even the foil heat shields and rear arms.

I did see one the other day where they had missed the rear arms completely but still done down the middle.

It is very inconsistent and seems very much car / day / operative dependant.

The only thing on yours that looks obviously black / out of place are the inward facing sides of the exhaust around the front of the diff.

Can I pinch that photo ? There was another thread where there was some question if the rear arms were painted silver or clear anodised from the factory - your arms suggest they are left as bare aluminium.

Cheers,

edit : just seen @GT Pony post above :like:
Yeah you can use it no worries. I agree as I was wiping underneath the other day with some anti grime wipes and yeah they are bare aluminium. I take it when you say rear arms do you mean the bit where the springs sit in?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you can use it no worries. I agree as I was wiping underneath the other day with some anti grime wipes and yeah they are bare aluminium. I take it when you say rear arms do you mean the bit where the springs sit in?
Yeah mine of those got a half n half paint job … :facepalm:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Gonna guess they are busy and haven’t gotten to it yet.
Nope. They were missing parts or thought they were and then found them today. Something about a wiring harness. All is well and they will continue on the install today with testing probably early tomorrow and pickup sometime in the aft I guess.
Sponsored