Sponsored

Mach 1 Cup2 Uneven Wear

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
These are just how cup 2's are. I swapped mine out for PS4s at ~2k minutes and based on my measurements they only had half their life left. I never tracked the car either.

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
These are just how cup 2's are. I swapped mine out for PS4s at ~2k minutes and based on my measurements they only had half their life left. I never tracked the car either.
I was hoping to squeeze more out of them, lots of tire tread left just the inside camber/toe wear is aggressive - makes me wonder alignment

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
Could be an alignment issue, but to be honest its probably just more the nature of the Cup2 tire. Mine wore pretty damn even and still didn't last long. The Cup2 is a track tire in street tire clothes. It really isn't meant for the street imo and shouldn't be expected to last too long. I was thinking if I could get 6k out of them when I got the car that would be good (rougher textured roads here in Michigan) but it looked more like 5k would've been an achievement. :crackup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Totally, I was hoping to press them and get 10k - but camber wires on one side and basically all street driving - oh well!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The insides of the tires already look worn even when they are brand new. They're supposed to be like that and Cup 2's don't have a lot of life since they are a track tire. Your alignment is probably fine.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the Blue HP from YouTube? Did Ford ever get you the fender lips and splash guards? Here is what Ford recommends for an HP car. I have PS4s for the Street and Cup2s for the Track. I would expect to get about 3 days of Track use out of those Cup 2s then I'll switch to something more autocross oriented. Guys here sell em immediately that's how I got my first set.
490127AD-53D4-41EE-A42B-97AF1C334FC2.jpeg

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Fronts lasted about 5k till the inside was corded, was doing a lot of highway when I first got into the car. Camper plates were in for their entire life and the alignment was spot on. My 19 did the same thing and I normally got a year off the fronts.
Still on cup2s on the rear and closing in on 10k... nothing left of them and the look like full slicks, they'll be coming off this week.

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Fronts lasted about 5k till the inside was corded, was doing a lot of highway when I first got into the car. Camper plates were in for their entire life and the alignment was spot on. My 19 did the same thing and I normally got a year off the fronts.
Still on cup2s on the rear and closing in on 10k... nothing left of them and the look like full slicks, they'll be coming off this week.
Great thanks - sounds exactly like my situation

Sponsored

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Roush 2650
my PS4S were shot at 10k on my PP1, same problem inside of tire. Alignment was all good seems to be they just wear out fast.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
To improve the wear on the fronts, avoid the combination of negative camber and toe. You can have a bit of both, but if you like camber (I do), I’d advise for 0 toe. And of course you can pick tires with longer mileage. I’m a big fan of Michelin P4S for the street.
Sponsored