Sponsored

Exhaust Pressure Testing

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I was thinking of swapping out the Crossfire with the stainless bros because it is going to be insanely loud but it might be pointless due to the fact that it's still really loud even with the Stainless Bros 3" in/out in there.
Be sure you install a H or even a sweep style X crossover before the Stainless Bros. dual/dual.
That will drop the dB’s.
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
This is the setup I'm going to try to run on my Mach 1. I've got the GT500 Borla Atak on and Kooks green catted headers on order. I'll get the 3" adapters for the headers. I was thinking of swapping out the Crossfire with the stainless bros because it is going to be insanely loud but it might be pointless due to the fact that it's still really loud even with the Stainless Bros 3" in/out in there. It's really the only 3" option for the Mach 1's currently aside from going Corsa which has smaller tips than the OEM Mach 1 ones.
It is definitely loud to say the least, I can only imagine the sound with out the stainless bros muffler. I will say it is a completely different sound then I’m use to (in a good way). The sound before kind of in compassed the car now it’s just out the back so everyone else can have their ear drums shattered.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It is definitely loud to say the least, I can only imagine the sound with out the stainless bros muffler. I will say it is a completely different sound then I’m use to (in a good way). The sound before kind of in compassed the car now it’s just out the back so everyone else can have their ear drums shattered.
I may try the crossfire first since it comes with the Atak but it's going to be insane. I've heard one video out there on Youtube of a Mach 1 with Kooks + Borla Atak but you can't really judge how loud it really is until you do it in person. I'll make adjustments from there. The good news is the entire setup is 3" with no neckdowns so it's ready to go for FI later on if I decide to go the ESS route.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
I was torn between the bottle style resonators and the stainless bro dual in dual out for my exhaust. I decided just for the simplicity of install on the bottle style. I ordered two stainless bro 3" x 18" resonators. I dont need a crazy amount of volume control with my active exhaust so im hoping its enough for me.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Provided my local guy has some free time saturday i hope to get this done and on
3" x 18" stainless bro resonators on a lethal double h pipe (deleting the rear h) and v banding the front connectors.

20220616_193100.jpg

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
This is a little off topic but definitely in the spirit of this thread. Does anyone know if the Borla resonator #60661 will fit a Gen 2 GT Borla 3" cat back?

I know it's not a true 3" piece but I'm looking to get as close to the results included in this thread as buying a system can get me. Borla offers 3" cat back systems for gen 2 GTs but only offers the 3" resonator for gen 3 cars. I emailed Borla to ask this exact question and the response I received was "I have heard of some guys making it work"...

I am looking to confirm if the 18-21 Borla 60661 3" resonator is a direct fit for the 15-17 Borla 3" S-Type

Thank you for any info

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
This is a little off topic but definitely in the spirit of this thread. Does anyone know if the Borla resonator #60661 will fit a Gen 2 GT Borla 3" cat back?

I know it's not a true 3" piece but I'm looking to get as close to the results included in this thread as buying a system can get me. Borla offers 3" cat back systems for gen 2 GTs but only offers the 3" resonator for gen 3 cars. I emailed Borla to ask this exact question and the response I received was "I have heard of some guys making it work"...

I am looking to confirm if the 18-21 Borla 60661 3" resonator is a direct fit for the 15-17 Borla 3" S-Type

Thank you for any info
I'm not 100% sure because the cat pipes might be smaller diameter, but I would call and ask Borla. Their tech department is actually pretty decent.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Lets go see if my local wrlder is available today.

20220618_101645.jpg

20220618_110358.jpg

20220618_104529.jpg

20220618_112427.jpg
Looks Awesome man! I can't wait to hear it. You will have to write a review and upload a video or two when you're done.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Welder i was going to go to is closed. And looking at the hours i would have to take a day off work to get it done, lol. asking a buddy of mine if he knows anybody. He can tig but is not good enough at stainless to want to do that for me.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Welder i was going to go to is closed. And looking at the hours i would have to take a day off work to get it done, lol. asking a buddy of mine if he knows anybody. He can tig but is not good enough at stainless to want to do that for me.
Where in Michigan are you located ?

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Got the resonators welded up however i kinda want to have the front of the system v banded. Need to get under the car to figure out how/if i am going to do it.

For sound clips i will do cold starts with what i have now and what im going to for sure. But if i can get some help for drive by sounds. What would you guys like to hear? Low speeds like a subdivision/ parking lot, 50-60mph and hard accelerations? I would also do active exhaust settings. Closed, normal and track.

Hammerhead13579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium PP1 GT
I would personally like to hear what WOT sounds like from the outside and what your impression is of sport/track mode at 80mph from INSIDE the car.
I am debating doing an H-pipe + bullet resonators and if possible want to reduce the slight drone the stock active exhaust has on the highway in track mode.
Sponsored