TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Your strawman fallacy begs the question: Why you talkin bout GT350's?
You’re an idiot. You’re arguing that 4 cylinders lap faster than V8s and there’s almost no situation anywhere that that is true. Go argue nonsense with someone who cares about your attempt to justify buying a 4 cylinder. I do not care.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Cars go to the same place at the same time. Ones louder ones quieter, one gets better mpg one gets less, I don’t know if there’s an insurance difference

particularly, I liked ecoboost having no badging on fenders but the hpp does have it. So I don’t like that part

but to me, gimme some music, cruise control and let the smooth car take me across the state.

But my music is someone else’s exhaust, I still would do ecoboost over again. Honestly it’s a great car

you are winning eitherway, I just tend to favor the economical daily drive cost too. You can stomp the ecoboost everywhere and still get better mpg than a lightly driven gt lol.

don’t draw as much attention as well. Chics don’t know the difference (not that it matters) for me though, the only people who didn’t like it was hardcore gt guys. And most chics don’t want loud exhaust either.

I parked by a row of mustangs at a car meet once, I came back and all of them moved their car over 2 rows. Dumbest shit ever. My gf was in the car she didn’t feel good she heard the gt guys “look at this pos ecoboost park by us” she said one guy said “I dig it“ and such. But anyway the guy had them shift cars over

made me laugh

Oh I went to auto store for a bolt or something, car was opened up and apart on driveway temporarily so I had gf stay watch due to tools etc. a guy and kid came by, the kid said dad! That car is so cool! He said son, it’s not cool, it’s not s gt.

and one other couple came by and a girl said I love that color, and the guy said, I wouldn’t drive that blue to save my life. Lol

we get a ton of walkers

I’d rather impress the girls than have guys gawking anyway.
Car for reference

E20E13DE-A8D8-4205-A32A-675CFF312FB8.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You’re an idiot. You’re arguing that 4 cylinders lap faster than V8s and there’s almost no situation anywhere that that is true. Go argue nonsense with someone who cares about your attempt to justify buying a 4 cylinder. I do not care.
Educate yourself instead of being a jackass. Notice its about the same as a 2011 GT500 with like 200 more hp as well as a base GT.

2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2, 2:53.8
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 3:02.8
2011 Ford Shelby GT500, 3:04.0
2020 Ford Mustang 2.3L High Performance, 3:04.4
2015 Ford Mustang GT, 3:05.2
2011 Ford Mustang GT, 3:08.6
2010 Ford Mustang GT, 3:13.3
2006 Ford Mustang GT, 3:20.9

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

JeffD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I'm only three weeks in to my Mustang ownership and the V8 was the only option I considered. I had the 3.5 EB in a F150 and I loved that motor. But for me, the Mustang experience is about the V8! I've had two Miatas in the past. If I wanted a fun and nimble car right now, I'd be in another. I just got out of a 428i with a turbo 4. Beautiful and soulless. My car is a convertible with MR and handles surprisingly well...and this from a guy who spent years driving Miatas. Now about that Active Exhaust...OMG. First few days in Normal, then started setting it to Sport, now I'm in Track almost everywhere I go. I love it!

Tetazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering Soon
735E284F-2378-4606-8AEF-B923023DFD09.jpeg
Raining today so more pics of each have to wait….the velocity blue 5.0 with the black accent package is a 6 spd. Lowering springs, AWE exhaust, steeda short shifter and wheel spacers. Stock otherwise. The HPP has handling pack with magnaride and 10 spd auto. Only mods are police lights…..I know, I know….but I’m not a traffic guy, I do something more in the shadows so don’t hate too much lol. Ok so having driven both for a few months now I want to start by saying you really can’t go wrong with either one. They feel different to drive but the HPP with the 10 spd is almost as quick as my GT with the 6spd. The HPP is a more comfortable and smooth ride, while the GT feels more like a caged animal trying to get out. If you have some specific questions about either I would be happy to answer them. The question for yourself is do you want a smooth ride for daily driving that can also be fast….or do you a drivers car that isn’t as smooth? I have the perfect situation since the work vehicle is my daily and the GT is basically a weekend car.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Educate yourself instead of being a jackass. Notice its about the same as a 2011 GT500 with like 200 more hp as well as a base GT.

2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2, 2:53.8
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 3:02.8
2011 Ford Shelby GT500, 3:04.0
2020 Ford Mustang 2.3L High Performance, 3:04.4
2015 Ford Mustang GT, 3:05.2
2011 Ford Mustang GT, 3:08.6
2010 Ford Mustang GT, 3:13.3
2006 Ford Mustang GT, 3:20.9

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/
You’re literally proving yourself wrong. A 4 cylinder did 3:04 and the V8 was MORE THAN 10 SECONDS FASTER at 2:53. Your whole argument was that the 4 cylinder was faster… what the bloody hell kind of idiot are you? Do you not understand that 10 seconds a lap is massive?

Please go away. Educate yourself and then go away.

mdmayberry09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE is that I would go with a GT. I came from a turbo 4 cylinder and the NA V8, to me, is just much more fun. I came from a FBO/E85 Civic Type R, picked up a base GT with the A10. I've enjoyed driving the GT much more because when I step on the gas, I get the power I want, no waiting for a turbo to spool. Not sure if you're a modder, or if the Mustang EcoBoost has the same issue the Type R did, but with a 93 tune, the Type R was already close to maxing out what it's fuel system, injectors, and turbo could handle, so with a couple bolt ons and a tune, you were looking at about a $10k price jump to continue making power. It won't run into some of the issues with higher power like the Type R such as wheel hop since it's RWD, but not sure if it hits it's limits as quickly, haven't looked into the ecoboost at all.

The downfall for me, gas. I bought this when gas was still fairly cheap (in the $2 range in MO) and now it's $5/gallon. I'm about to drive 2000 miles, round trip, and I had to factor about $600 just for gas. Driving in my Type R, I was able to get almost double the MPG, so if you do long distance driving a lot, it may 100% be worth going with the ecoboost to you.

If you don't mod, or if you drive long distances, I'd look more into the ecoboost since you enjoy it. Better MPG (which is a massive cost savings right now), lower priced most of the time when buying, still a great amount of power to the wheels, can be tuned for more pretty easily with no other mods. I'd personally still choose the GT, but that's because I like the feel of the V8, the sound, etc. and as of this moment, gas hasn't started hurting my bank, we'll see if that changes as it continues to go up. I just enjoy the feel, the roar, and the instant go on the NA V8 compared to my old turbo I4.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You’re literally proving yourself wrong. A 4 cylinder did 3:04 and the V8 was MORE THAN 10 SECONDS FASTER at 2:53. Your whole argument was that the 4 cylinder was faster… what the bloody hell kind of idiot are you? Do you not understand that 10 seconds a lap is massive?

Please go away. Educate yourself and then go away.
LIsten, shitbird, you need to stay on track here. obviously the tippy top vehicle with more rubber and power will be faster. What your dullard nincompoop mind is failing to grasp is I never said its faster than all V8 powered cars, its faster for what is at the price point and maybe about as quick as a PP1 car on a road course.

A clever guy would see that I posted the PP2 time and course correct but you obviously aren't the sharpest crayon in the box. you're arguing against a point I wasn't making which is why you don't understand what is happening right now.

Try and keep up, will ya? And if you wanna sling mud i'm fine with it but lets try and simmer the hell down before mods get all cranky about the name calling.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
LIsten, shitbird, you need to stay on track here. obviously the tippy top vehicle with more rubber and power will be faster. What your dullard nincompoop mind is failing to grasp is I never said its faster than all V8 powered cars, its faster for what is at the price point and maybe about as quick as a PP1 car on a road course.

A clever guy would see that I posted the PP2 time and course correct but you obviously aren't the sharpest crayon in the box. you're arguing against a point I wasn't making which is why you don't understand what is happening right now.

Try and keep up, will ya? And if you wanna sling mud i'm fine with it but lets try and simmer the hell down before mods get all cranky about the name calling.
Lmao, you’re such a complete and total moron. Have fun with your 4 cylinder and old ass new edge no one cares about, and arguing that slow cars are fast to make up for the fact that you drive slow cars. You’re halfwit nonsense is getting old.

The point you brought up that started all this is getting lapped faster by a 4 cylinder in a V8 and then posted a V8 10 seconds a lap faster than a 4 cylinder, then you turn around and act like I’m not aware of what’s happening. You’re an idiot. Go away. Just stop and go away. Your new edge reminds me of all the chicks in high school driving Lexus IS’s and VW Jettas. Go away. Go away. I don’t care about your opinion or how you try to justify 4 cylinder sports cars. Go away.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Lmao, you’re such a complete and total moron. Have fun with your 4 cylinder and old ass new edge no one cares about, and arguing that slow cars are fast to make up for the fact that you drive slow cars. You’re halfwit nonsense is getting old.

The point you brought up that started all this is getting lapped vaster by a 4 cylinder in a V8 and then posted a V8 10 seconds a lap faster than a 4 cylinder, then you turn around and act like I’m not aware of what’s happening. You’re an idiot. Go away. Just stop and go away. Your new edge reminds me of all the chicks in high school driving Lexus IS’s and VW Jettas. Go away. Go away. I don’t care about your opinion or how you try to justify 4 cylinder sports cars. Go away.
Literally everything you're saying here is wrong and you're either too stupid to understand why or just trolling. Its a built 97 Cobra, you braindead waterhead retard. Its probably faster than your car in every conceivable way, too.

Let this soak into your soft little brain...

1654962545470.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Literally everything you're saying here is wrong and you're either too stupid to understand why or just trolling. Its a built 97 Cobra, you braindead waterhead retard. Its probably faster than your car in every conceivable way, too.

Let this soak into your soft little brain...

1654962545470.png
“I drive a Volkswagen Jetta, durp durp. It’s old and I think it’s cool. I think four cylinders are faster than 8 and then prove it by showing a V8 crushing a 4 cylinder, then post pictures of my old ass engine cause I think I’m cool, durp durp durp.”

That’s you. That’s what you sound like.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’d like to say, none of these cars are slow man. You are talking seconds apart on a track. A less experienced driver can get taken by a good driver I assume in a slower car.

you won’t see any of these power figures used on the road. Let’s be real, how many people here go to track and wind them out? Easily 1% or less on this forum.

it’s cool seeing numbers, but to an average driver it’s literally pointless. The typical driver is light to light and stomping onto highway.

just like sportbikes. You have 600cc bikes out racing 750/ and 1000bikes. Hell even slower bikes taking out all of them.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I’d like to say, none of these cars are slow man. You are talking seconds apart on a track. A less experienced driver can get taken by a good driver I assume in a slower car.

you won’t see any of these power figures used on the road. Let’s be real, how many people here go to track and wind them out? Easily 1% or less on this forum.
bingo. The examples I gave were to illustrate this fact. If any of us wanted the absolute fastest track thing we probably wouldn't be looking at mustangs at all.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F

Guess it depends what you want to do with the car, but the HPP barely breaks 100mph in the 1/4, compared to 120mph on the GT. It’s a gigantic difference.
I debated the Eco vs Gt for a track car and thought I might be able to build an eco for cheaper and make it faster than a GT, glad I didn’t try. I test drove the GT PP1 and the sound alone had me sold. I’m coming from Euro/Asian cars past 20 years.
With a few thousand dollars in mods (camber and tires were biggest) I’m able to keep up with GT350’s on track (with drivers who have similar track experience).
The guy in this GT350 in front of me had been on track for at least a year longer than I and had many more days/seat time. He apologized (super nice guy) after the session saying his instructor wouldn’t point me by.
Don’t think a HPP is near the level of a PP1 on track.

Same day - my buddy’s 997 Porsche 911 Carrera S - caged/cambered and primarily a track car. He has 20 years of experience. This day, I was 2 seconds faster on track than him. He was on crappy street tires since his 100TW’s didn’t deliver in time, but still.
The GT PP1 is highly recommended - only my opinion.
9C89C551-77CF-4404-9803-9F74CDACB143.jpeg

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Guess it depends what you want to do with the car, but the HPP barely breaks 100mph in the 1/4, compared to 120mph on the GT. It’s a gigantic difference.
I debated the Eco vs Gt for a track car and thought I might be able to build an eco for cheaper and make it faster than a GT, glad I didn’t try. I test drove the GT PP1 and the sound alone had me sold. I’m coming from Euro/Asian cars past 20 years.
With a few thousand dollars in mods (camber and tires were biggest) I’m able to keep up with GT350’s on track (with drivers who have similar track experience).
The guy in this GT350 in front of me had been on track for at least a year longer than I and had many more days/seat time. He apologized (super nice guy) after the session saying his instructor wouldn’t point me by.
Don’t think a HPP is near the level of a PP1 on track.

Same day - my buddy’s 997 Porsche 911 Carrera S - caged/cambered and primarily a track car. He has 20 years of experience. This day, I was 2 seconds faster on track than him. He was on crappy street tires since his 100TW’s didn’t deliver in time, but still.
The GT PP1 is highly recommended - only my opinion.
Thank you, this is exactly the kind of educated opinion I'm looking for.
Sponsored