OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
If you want to grab a tremec-based coyote (albeit the TR3160 in a 23 spline configuration which is nothing short but puzzling to me), absolutely. My personal wish was for them to stick to a TR6060 or upgrade the TR3160... not downgrade it. The TR3160 is a decent transmission, but it's not a HUGE upgrade over the MT82D4 (outside of the gearing).
Thank you. Your technical knowledge of the different transmissions is impressive. I don’t know that much about them.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Everyone's opinion of "worth" is different... you have to drive one before you can decide if it's worth it TO YOU. Otherwise it's like someone who's never tasted pizza trying to decide if a pizza is worth $20.

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Everyone's opinion of "worth" is different... you have to drive one before you can decide if it's worth it TO YOU. Otherwise it's like someone who's never tasted pizza trying to decide if a pizza is worth $20.
Agreed cars are very subjective. This thread was focused more on the financial. In the end I didn’t buy it. @ttillub19 that’s basically where I am at. Although the mach 1 is certainly faster around a race track, but I’m not tracking any of these cars.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I'd keep what you've got. I love the Mustangs, but the Camaro is probably faster and I just don't think the Mach is worth over $21K more!
No offense but Camaro is junk.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Some pizza really is worth $20 or more. Few, but some. I love pizza. :blush:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Thank you. I agree with just about everything you said. When I drove the mach 1 I wasn’t blown away by the difference between it and the LT1. Sure the mach 1 was nicer because it is the premium model and lots of cool features. But it wasn’t a situation where I “had to have it”.
That being said, my dad loves mustangs but is too wise (he has plenty of money) to spend that much money on a second vehicle (he would say invest and grow the money). But he would love to go to cars and coffee and car shows with it. So there’s that factor for me as well.
I may end up spending another $10k and getting a ZL1. That would be a fun car.
At the end of the day, if they would have taken off another $1800 I would have bought the mach 1. Everything happens for a reason I suppose.
My biased personal opinion is get a Mach 1 throw a whipple on it and you will never look back :)

Sponsored

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
Thank you. I can afford it, just hate over paying for things. Plus, I am on the fence with the car. It’s nice, but didn’t blow my socks off. I’d love to have one, but only if I can get a decent deal. They have about $1700 worth of profit built in (dealer fee and protection package). That’s what I wanted them to take off and they wouldn’t.
The $995 and the $700 are BS. Don't know if the $42K is a good value on your trade. Kbb should help you ascertain that. Otherwise MSRP is a fair price right now.

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
Thank you. Your technical knowledge of the different transmissions is impressive. I don’t know that much about them.
Having owned two cars with the Tremec and 2 with the MT82, I call shenanigans. The Tremec is much better in both the feel, shifting and performance. Hell, sometimes I couldn't even get the MT82 into reverse. The rev matching on the Mach 1 makes the implementation there even better than the 350. Clutch feel is better than the MT82. It's night and day.

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
The $995 and the $700 are BS. Don't know if the $42K is a good value on your trade. Kbb should help you ascertain that. Otherwise MSRP is a fair price right now.
The sticker price on the Camaro is under $40k and it has 12,000 miles and it’s a year old. So I think $42k trade in is pretty good lol. But they can manipulate the numbers and likely aren’t really giving me $42k trade in. At any rate, I’m not buying it.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
If you want to grab a tremec-based coyote (albeit the TR3160 in a 23 spline configuration which is nothing short of puzzling to me), absolutely. My personal wish was for them to stick to a TR6060 or upgrade the TR3160... not downgrade it. The TR3160 is a decent transmission, but it's not a HUGE upgrade over the MT82D4 (outside of the gearing).
Great insight. Im stuck; have a order for a 6 speed but not sure it will arrive. Shopping and see lots of 10R80 M1s.

Not drag racing. Maybe some track days. Just a weekend cruiser for me. While the big draw is the Tremec Im not sure I can pass on the available auto cars.

The 10R80 is good right
.:)
Sponsored