OP
OP
friedmud

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm not sure if I'll be going on the Mustang cruise in my ZL1, although they did say other cars were OK.

What brings you to Boise this wknd?
Just a weekend getaway. Now that myself and my fiancé are all vaxxed - we’re feeling the itch to begin to venture out a bit. Will still be doing so cautiously - but we want to start dipping our toes in the water.

Also: it’s going to be a beautiful weekend… going to take I-20 from Idaho Falls to Mountain Home. Can’t wait!
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Just a weekend getaway. Now that myself and my fiancé are all vaxxed - we’re feeling the itch to begin to venture out a bit. Will still be doing so cautiously - but we want to start dipping our toes in the water.

Also: it’s going to be a beautiful weekend… going to take I-20 from Idaho Falls to Mountain Home. Can’t wait!
Cool. I decided if I can swing it, I'll be going on the TV Mustang cruise in the ZL1 so if you can make that, look for me - I'm guessing I'll probably be the only 6th gen ZL1. A friend of mine owns a GT350 that is also trying to make it work. The group is meeting at Kleiner Park in Meridian at 10:30am. If not the cruise, let me know if you want to get together and grab a bite to eat somewhere downtown like Boise Fry Company. Always fun to meet fellow car enthusiasts, and I'm not that far removed from my Mustang (sold her two weeks ago)!

Map of the proposed Mustang cruise FB page and route:
(1) Mustang Day Cruise – SATURDAY April 17 2021! | Facebook
1618590934674.png

OP
OP
friedmud

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Cool. I decided if I can swing it, I'll be going on the TV Mustang cruise in the ZL1 so if you can make that, look for me - I'm guessing I'll probably be the only 6th gen ZL1. A friend of mine owns a GT350 that is also trying to make it work. The group is meeting at Kleiner Park in Meridian at 10:30am. If not the cruise, let me know if you want to get together and grab a bite to eat somewhere downtown like Boise Fry Company. Always fun to meet fellow car enthusiasts, and I'm not that far removed from my Mustang (sold her two weeks ago)!

Map of the proposed Mustang cruise FB page and route:
(1) Mustang Day Cruise – SATURDAY April 17 2021! | Facebook
1618590934674.png
Sounds good! Current plan is to just head directly to Wild Rose and meet the group there (since I’ll be coming in from the East). All depends on how early I get on the road.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Sounds good! Current plan is to just head directly to Wild Rose and meet the group there (since I’ll be coming in from the East). All depends on how early I get on the road.
Sounds good. Looks like I am going on the cruise so I'll look out for your gray '19 PP1 at Wild Rose.

OP
OP
friedmud

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
We should be there in time to meet at Kleiner Park. See you there!

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
We should be there in time to meet at Kleiner Park. See you there!
Good meeting you today! Post a few pics when you get the chance...Have fun during the rest of your stay in Boise!

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
Has anyone in Idaho ever challenged the front license plate law? I'm going to be one of 'those guys' and state my case: I bought my car out of state(Ohio) where front plates aren't required, and my car build did not include a front license plate bracket installed or on the Window sticker/build sheet, do you think that meets the criteria for 49-428:e ? A little pedantic I know, but just wondering if anyone has explored this before.

"(e) A motor vehicle that was originally manufactured without a bracket device or other means to display and secure a front license plate shall be allowed to display one (1) plate attached to the rear of the vehicle."

https://legislature.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/sessioninfo/2017/legislation/H0110.pdf

Last edited:

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I suppose I'm a passive challenger in that my GT350 has no front plate. I've not been stopped in the 2.5 years that I've been daily driving. I have a license plate adapter for my front tow-hook receiver, so if I'm stopped, I can install my plate as requested.

There is an Idaho organization to which I belong called the United Street Rods of Idaho:

http://www.usri.org/

Their home page states: " USRI is a group of individuals dedicated to the preservation of automotive related hobby interests, for the entire State of Idaho, through lobbying with the legislature and other political entities and encouraging the exchange of information related to our hobby. "

They have proposed single-plate laws in recent legislative sessions. I don't know how active or effective they are, but membership is only $10, so I continue to support them.

Sponsored

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
My wife has been driving her 2016 Jetta GLI since 12/15 with no plate and has yet to be stopped.

Also, looks like Ill be headed to Pocatello Sunday, 11/28 to take my daughter back to school, if you happen to be around.

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
checking in to see if any mustang Idahoans are frothing at the bit for this damn weather to go away?

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering if there are any Idaho peeps out here. I'm in SE Idaho myself... not too many 'stangs over here (seems like very few S550s too).
new year and more s550's here I believe

Evilmidget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT Premium 5 spd Manual
Waiting for my first S550 to show up here in June. Im near the Boise area in Nampa.