Transmission or clutch issue?

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Was driving on the freeway today and was doing a light pull and all of a sudden trying to shift gears becomes very hard. Pulling it out of gear and trying to shift into gear. Really hoping it’s just the clutch or throw out bearing. What do you guys think. Any clutch recommendations?
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
With almost zero info I don't see how we can tell you what's wrong. I'm on my phone so I don't see your year or mods, or know if you've done any mods recently. I would check the master cylinder first and make sure your connection isn't coming off to your throwout bearing, very common issue. By 'light pull' what does that mean exactly? How much hp does your car make? On the stock clutch?

OP
OP
ZM5.0

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
With almost zero info I don't see how we can tell you what's wrong. I'm on my phone so I don't see your year or mods, or know if you've done any mods recently. I would check the master cylinder first and make sure your connection isn't coming off to your throwout bearing, very common issue. By 'light pull' what does that mean exactly? How much hp does your car make? On the stock clutch?
2020 E85, LTH, Intake, Steeda braided clutch line, Mgw shifter, Lund Tune. Like not a WOT pull but maybe half throttle and shifting from 3rd to 4th. After that it became hard to pull out of gear and shift into gear. Also vibrating in gear. And I felt vibration in the clutch pedal from a stop.

OP
OP
ZM5.0

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Probably around 6k or so. I’m suspecting/hoping it’s the throw out bearing. Since it’s hard to go into gear or come out of gear. Driving it after it didn’t seem like the clutch was slipping though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZM5.0

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yea but it’s just a series of unfortunate events. Tomorrow the car is getting dropped off at the body shop for repair. What are the odds ford will warranty the clutch replacement with all the mods? 😂

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Probably around 6k or so. I’m suspecting/hoping it’s the throw out bearing. Since it’s hard to go into gear or come out of gear. Driving it after it didn’t seem like the clutch was slipping though.
Sounds clutchy to me. That said, until its checked out, you won't really know. Keep us posted
Sponsored