Sponsored

New Shelby GT350 Mustang Revealed! 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8, 500+HP / 400 LB-FT

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
Yup, I see many elements in the 350, brake cooling ducts, heat extractor hood. IMO a very real tribute to a very great Man!!
Sponsored

Haz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FPV GS Superchanged V8
Vote RHD for Australia, supposed to be one ford so ford are killing off the Falcon the least the can do is produce the GT350 mustang for OZ and euro too

Tascam

Holy s*!!!!! 8200. This car is going to be insane.

I've been reading on non Mustang forums and this definitely made a BIG splash. Lots of BMW guys are wishing they built a car like this.

Caballo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Holy s*!!!!! 8200. This car is going to be insane.

I've been reading on non Mustang forums and this definitely made a BIG splash. Lots of BMW guys are wishing they built a car like this.
Wonder where the fuel cut-off will be? 8500-8600??

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
I'm hopeful that it will smack the Z28, along with the M4 and some of the lower end Porsche's as well.

If it smacks the C7 around like a little ***** I'll paint myself Ford blue and dance naked in the street. :shocked:

Go Ford!!!
:lol: :ford:

Sponsored

midtenn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss302 #0058, 2014 GT500
This car is every bit of what I was hoping for!!! Predator is an outstanding nickname, and very fitting!! I wonder if it will be titled as a gt, like the boss.. it shouldn't be, given the different body panels.. just thinking out loud. . Take my money!!:ford:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
The wider front end treatment has turned me from a skeptic on whether or not I liked the front end of the S550 to a "that car looks beautiful" fan! The front wheel arches now match the aggressive rear and make the headlight/headlight area look less odd and Asian (I dislike the headlights "tear-back" look). Plus, you can now fit some amazingly large front tires up front (great for us corner carvers). I am curious if the GT350 has had the same effect on others that don't like or are on the fence on the new styling?
Big +1 here, did not like the base model at all, really like this one.

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Luv D shaped steering wheels but I don't like alcantara as it matts down and gets shinny especially on the wheel...I'd rather see perforated leather at 10-2.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Maybe they'll sell matching driving gloves.
by the way, whatever happened to driving gloves?
Why they're in your glove box, of course! :p

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
no way i could settle for the gt after watching that video, the 15 looks good but this just looks 100x better. It looks straight beastly.

edit: time to start saving

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Don't forget it has a carbon fiber rad support as well. That all took weight off of the nose to allow for better balance. Also from pictures it doesnt look like it has an engine cover, while this probably equates to less than a lb or two of savings i think it is awesome.
Thanks! I didn't know that. :cheers:

2015 Z06 is $79K BASE
I know, but if they charge $70k for the Base GT 350 and then the ADM (additional dealer markup), you're pretty much splitting hairs and in actuality, a base C7 Z06 would be cheaper ( I can get one for MSRP and No ADM).

The GT has aluminum fenders and hood (and rear deck).

The primary weight savings is probably going to come from the motor itself (FPC engines are usually inherently lighter), exhaust, transmission, brakes (maybe... with the two-piece rotors) and wheels.
Thanks for the info! :cheers:

I think that it's the sum of all of the parts. A pound here, a pound there adds up quickly. They did a Nice job on the car and we'll probably learn even more about it as time goes on.

It's going to be around the c7 price range. They won't tread on Z06 turf that's silly.
I agree! :cheers:

And you can walk into the dealership with $79k and walk out with keys?
Sure can, especially if you want an M7 trans....of course plus tax, title and license!
Sponsored