RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Hey Guys,

Taking my car up to Ponies in the Smokies event in TN and would like to make sure it remains clean for the few days I am away.

I'll be taking the trusty Adam's detailer and wheel polish/cleaner. But any recommendations for general no water cleaning? I only ever wash by hand, so car washes are no an option if she gets dirtied up.

Thanks,
James
Sponsored

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
I like ONR. Optimum No Rinse. There or other high end brands but ONR works for me. I would not say it waterless but rinse less. Anything you can do to get lubrication and dirt to lift is a good thing for your paint. I try to use the hotel trash can if needed and add water. Apply the ONR to the vehicle and use the water on a nice mitt or towel with I call them fingers. Something that will pull the dirt away from vehicle. Wire do not rub in one direction with as my lubrication as possible. Then wipe dry with a detail spray and thick microfiber towel

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hey Guys,

Taking my car up to Ponies in the Smokies event in TN and would like to make sure it remains clean for the few days I am away.

I'll be taking the trusty Adam's detailer and wheel polish/cleaner. But any recommendations for general no water cleaning? I only ever wash by hand, so car washes are no an option if she gets dirtied up.

Thanks,
James
While the Adam's detailer is fine for spot removing bugs or bird droppings, please refrain from wiping the whole down with this and a single towel without washing the car first............this is a swirling nightmare in the making.

As mentioned above, invest in a water-less or rinse-less wash. I use ONR but McKee's N-914 is also a very good choice. You would then add a good handful of towels and perhaps a tire dressing into the mix.

IMG-0210.jpg

I would also get yourself a bucket fitted with a Gamma Seal lid. You could then put all your supplies into the bucket and have it sealed to prevent moisture damage inside the car while traveling.

IMG-1052.jpg

Have a watch of this 9 minute video on how to do a water-less or rinse-less wash -

(7) How to Use McKee's N-914 Rinseless Wash - YouTube

This is what I would do -

- A bucket with a Gamma Seal Lid.
Amazon.com: 5 Gallon White Bucket & Gamma Seal Lid - Food Grade Plastic Pail & Gamma2 Screw Seal Tight Lid (Yellow) by Gamma Seal : Industrial & Scientific

Fill the bucket with -

-ONR or N-914, both the concentrate and a pre-mixed solution in a spray bottle.
Optimum - No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) | The Rag Company
N-914 Rinseless Wash - McKees37.com

- About 6 to 10 microfiber towels
Rinseless Wash Microfiber Towels | The Rag Company

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As an advocate for Adams Polishes, I would say check out their latest youtube videos. There are a couple from the past few weeks, one goes into all of the spray on "waterless washing" sprays they do, and the techniques to use them, when they are most effective etc, the other video which was very much new to me, was a rinse-less version of a snow foam - you spray straight on to a dirty car, then with a healthy supply of microfibres, you use the soap suds to wipe away the dirt. Looked very messy to me, but it looked like a true "on the road" option. You then follow up with waterless wash/detail spray/protectants.

These 2 videos;

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

Sponsored

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
I'm partial to Meguiars Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax myself. Mist on and wipe off!!

Gary

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hey James how did your travel wash go? I sprayed mine off at the car wash in Gatlinburg and then drove it to air dry and actually was ok. It was still just as clean as most of the cars that were on display outside. Now those inside were definitly shining. Driving it to the Pee Dee show in Florence, SC. I imagine I will do the same. I am still bummed about curbing two wheels while in Gatlingburg but they are being repaired next week.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
M3incorp, I too am going to the Pee Dee MCA show. Taking my FJG MACH 1. I'll see you there!

Gary

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Gary, I'll make it a point to try to stop by and say hello.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I'll do the same. I'll be in the president's award section due to age of the car.

I'm in Charlotte at the moment for the Mach 1 track attack, the going to Florence on Thursday evening.

Gary
Sponsored