Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
So, let me see if I understand you correctly:
You are in Germany where some sections of the autobahn have no speed restrictions and you want to take your car to 300kmh ( obviously a symbolic number like 200mph in the USA)
For that you need to modify your car, run afoul of German regulations such as TUV, loose all liability insurance for the above reason, put others people at risk and you want us to help you achieve this goal?
I think that the most important modification that is needed is to your brain.
You should set up an appointment with a psychiatrist to see what can be done about it
Good luck…
No you don't have it correct at all. You should probably learn more about responsible driving at high speeds and why it is important to ensure your car can go the speeds you desire to travel. If you think upgrading parts to improve strength or speed ratings is a violation of any regulation here then you might have your own psychiatrist problem called selective thinking causing you to see only what you want to see and ignore the facts. I could be wrong but I never could imagine that someone looking to improve the safety of there vehicle was a dsm condition, Many trolls on this forum suffering for speed limit blue balls. lol
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
No you don't have it correct at all. You should probably learn more about responsible driving at high speeds and why it is important to ensure your car can go the speeds you desire to travel. If you think upgrading parts to improve strength or speed ratings is a violation of any regulation here then you might have your own psychiatrist problem called selective thinking causing you to see only what you want to see and ignore the fact.
It’s what I drive when I really want to go fast
C0FAA1B6-2303-4DEC-95E4-42A32EE11E00.jpeg

How old are you ?
Not sure if you realize how infantile your posts are

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So far as I've mentioned this car seems solid running at 255 just about any condition except rain
good for you. But there's good reasons you and I are not privy to why Ford drew the line in the sand. It wasn't just because of the evil bastards at the DoT or the highway insurance guild.

I have seen the additional support people are adding to the front, do you think that is a must have upgrade to go to 300km?
I assuming you're talking about the struts holding the splitter to the car? Tell you what. Break out your calculator and figure out how much downforce the splitter of your choice is generating at various speeds and then figure out the plastic deformity limit of the Ford bumper and it's various clips and you can answer it yourself conclusively with fancy maths to back it up. I look forward to reading the paper.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you think upgrading parts to improve strength or speed ratings is a violation of any regulation here
you really ought to look into that. I think you'll find the TUV inspectors and their roving trucks have a lot less understanding and sense of humor than you give them credit for. No, I very much doubt you'll land in court or jail, because you're another GD American GI, but your car might end up in hte impound. Just sayin'.

OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
It’s what I drive when I really want to go fast
C0FAA1B6-2303-4DEC-95E4-42A32EE11E00.jpeg

How old are you ?
Not sure if you realize how infantile your posts are
You could say I'm young at heart but I'm not sure you have read the responses I've gotten to such a basic question. There has been some useful information but its like pulling teeth

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
you really ought to look into that. I think you'll find the TUV inspectors and their roving trucks have a lot less understanding and sense of humor than you give them credit for. No, I very much doubt you'll land in court or jail, because you're another GD American GI, but your car might end up in hte impound. Just sayin'.
Besides your assumptions and misconceptions on how things actually work on the autobahn ( you are way way off ). What else do you think might be problematic beyond 255km?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You could say I'm young at heart but I'm not sure you have read the responses I've gotten to such a basic question. There has been some useful information but its like pulling teeth
If your have passed the age of pimples and acne, you have really no excuses for your lunacy

OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
If your have passed the age of pimples and acne, you have really no excuses for your lunacy
I think you might have not understood the OP, Did you have any useful information or are you just another snowflake?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Besides your assumptions and misconceptions on how things actually work on the autobahn ( you are way way off )
really now? The TUV inspectors don't patrol the auto? Or check out cars when they come off at an exit?

Sponsored
OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
good for you. But there's good reasons you and I are not privy to why Ford drew the line in the sand. It wasn't just because of the evil bastards at the DoT or the highway insurance guild.

Well the mustang is now a global car, if you don't know why ford drew the line at 255, then I can't help you with information you really should be able to learn on your own.

I assuming you're talking about the struts holding the splitter to the car? Tell you what. Break out your calculator and figure out how much downforce the splitter of your choice is generating at various speeds and then figure out the plastic deformity limit of the Ford bumper and it's various clips and you can answer it yourself conclusively with fancy maths to back it up. I look forward to reading the paper.
I'm just simply asking for your opinion since you mentioned it, if you don't know then that's okay. But its sort of annoying that you flirt with the idea you might have something useful to contribute to the OP then flop when you have an opportunity to prove your worth here in this topic.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Yeah but you keep running out of straightway at Leguna Seca and anyway you don't get much more than 150 over the kink, right?
Fastest track was the “roval, meaning part of the infield and oval at the California speedway, maybe 180+
But my favorite track is Laguna. Great flow to it and i love elevation.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I'm just simply asking for your opinion since you mentioned it, if you don't know then that's okay. But its sort of annoying that you flirt with the idea you might have something useful to contribute to the OP then flop when you have an opportunity to prove your worth here in this topic.
Why should we help you to do something stupid ?
You have some more serious issues than reaching 300kmh if you don’t understand that

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
well, my "opinion" is worth NADA. Are you seriously laying your personal safety at 300KMH on my opinion? You're an engineering type of guy right? So do the maths. I know the answer to your question but there is much more satisfaction in knowing that you know and have a solid mathematical basis for your choice.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.