Sponsored

Feels like tires are loosing grip during driving, friend thinks it is the bushings

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple yellow GT performance pkg
I picked up my new car and noticed while doing slightly above normal acceleration it seemed like my tires lost traction briefly. Was in normal mode and traction control was on. I don't think it is wheel hop because as I said slightly above normal.
Could there be some residue on the tires causing this or is this something else?

Let my friend drive car who knows a lot more about them than me. He thinks it is the bushings. Maybe packed with too much grease and need to settle in some.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Traction control is not going to stop your tires from spinning. You also have a 435HP V8. It will be easy to spin your tires.

I assume you are talking about accelerating from a stop and not running 60mph and spinning the tires while accelerating as that won't happen at stock pore levels unless you are on rain or snow/ice.

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traction control is not going to stop your tires from spinning. You also have a 435HP V8. It will be easy to spin your tires.

I assume you are talking about accelerating from a stop and not running 60mph and spinning the tires while accelerating as that won't happen at stock pore levels unless you are on rain or snow/ice.
I didn't experience this with my 2012. Shifting from 1st to 2nd around 2800 to 3100 rpm.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I didn't experience this with my 2012. Shifting from 1st to 2nd around 2800 to 3100 rpm.
Only thing I can think is maybe they are over filled?
I'd check the pressure than match it to the door is its high.

Hasn't rained in awhile here so maybe you just picked something up on the tires.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Tires do actually need a bit of a break-in period. They have release agent on the rubber and you'll need to wear through that as well as go through a few heat cycles to get to the optimal tire performance.

Not sure how many miles you've put on the tires yet though, or which type you have.

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Tires do actually need a bit of a break-in period. They have release agent on the rubber and you'll need to wear through that as well as go through a few heat cycles to get to the optimal tire performance.

Not sure how many miles you've put on the tires yet though, or which type you have.
Even the manual states that tired need a break in period, for the first several drives, you may notice some abnormal performance.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

This.^

Had a pair of one-off tires at one point that required a good 50-100 miles of driving before this film they had wore off. During that period there was this odd wiggle room under any kind of turning that just felt slippery.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Here is the mentioned owners manual
Driving Hints
BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for
approximately 300 miles (480
kilometers). During this time, your vehicle
may exhibit some unusual driving
characteristics.
Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000
miles (1600 kilometers). Vary your speed
frequently and change up through the
gears early. Do not labor the engine.
Do not tow during the first 1000 miles
(1600 kilometers).
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_07_2014.pdf

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything in the owners manual is quite conservative, but yes.

If you drive only around town <45, your tires will take longer to 'come in'. If you drive on the freeway and get the tires up to a decent temperature, they'll come in a lot faster.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored
OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for info. 30 miles so far driving from dealership. My commute is only 5 miles. May need to take scenic route after work tomorrow.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for info. 30 miles so far driving from dealership. My commute is only 5 miles. May need to take scenic route after work tomorrow.
Lol, you definitely need to take it for a drive. Preferably a dry day when you can work the tires a little. Best to get them broke in before it does something unexpected. Tires do funny things when they're brand new.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I tell you what, I'm in Fort Worth and have nothing to do as I do not work.

I'd be more than happy to come out to your office and pamper the car for you until the 1000 mile mark! :clap2:

I've had 9 mustangs so this is nothing new!

OP
OP

jgibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tell you what, I'm in Fort Worth and have nothing to do as I do not work.

I'd be more than happy to come out to your office and pamper the car for you until the 1000 mile mark! :clap2:

I've had 9 mustangs so this is nothing new!
Thanks for the offer

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
They recommend 300 miles of driving before the tires are broken in. This is because they are coated in a mold-release that allows the tires to stay nice and new while being unused. I have just hit about 500 miles, tires are much much much stickier.
Sponsored