Procharger D1X 2015 GT

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Whats up everyone? First post here, I will try to keep it short. I am having some issues with my car, I just bought it used and trying to work through some issues. The car as stated above has a D1X with a 4 inch pulley, making around 18lbs. I bought it basically for the platform and it is a pretty much a track only car. I have made 3 hits, first pass ever went a 9.79@144 but third gear is acting weird. I had no clue what tune was even in the car so I had Rob @PBD make me one. That did not fix the weird pulse I am getting in third gear. I have been trying to fix this 3rd gear issue for a month now and cannot figure it out. The 1-2 shift is perfect, but once I get around 5500 in 3rd the rpms start jumping around everywhere and the car seems to take forever to build boost and finally shift into 4th. My most recent thought is maybe it is plug blow out, the car runs 18lbs, any thoughts on what gap to run these 6510s at? And does that cause pulsing? I though of belt slip, because the belt on the car was a 660 inch (1 inch longer than required) I replaced it but noticed the bolt on the bottom of the tensioner was stripped and the adjustment bar was bent lol. Currently waiting on the new parts because I know that a bigger belt and or stripped tensioner cold cause boost pulsing. I have also in the meantime ordered a fully built 6r80 thinking it was my 3/4 clutches. This damn things driving me nuts. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Check current plug gap, set to .020

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Good to know, show off. LOL

Guy I bought from never even took it to the track so I am just going through it piece by piece. We shall see. What were your 60ft times in yours? 1.39s? Thanks for the plug gap info.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Good to know, show off. LOL

Guy I bought from never even took it to the track so I am just going through it piece by piece. We shall see. What were your 60ft times in yours? 1.39s? Thanks for the plug gap info.
Been 1.26 60ft. Ill try to help you as much as i can. Check the gap 1st and we will go from there.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Congrats on purchase. I’d start with fresh plugs, fluids, o2s and compression and leakdown test. For the power that car is looking or should be making I really like the brisk RR12s in the mid to low 20s gap. Since you’re trying to troubleshoot I’d step back to like a 4.38 or 4.5. No reason to blow it up when it’s obvious it’s not liking something. Once it’s running optimized with a 4.38 or 4.50 then throw the 4.0 on.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Congrats on purchase. I’d start with fresh plugs, fluids, o2s and compression and leakdown test. For the power that car is looking or should be making I really like the brisk RR12s in the mid to low 20s gap. Since you’re trying to troubleshoot I’d step back to like a 4.38 or 4.5. No reason to blow it up when it’s obvious it’s not liking something. Once it’s running optimized with a 4.38 or 4.50 then throw the 4.0 on.
Good advice, car is on kill with a 4.0

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Ya. Probably good advice. You got a 4.5 laying around? I'll buy it. Lol
You should be able to find one if you post a wtb ad here and on the coyote groups on FB, there are centrifugal specific groups for S550s, someone is bound to have one.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did one side of the plugs already and 2 of the 3 were gapped at .030 the other 2 were .025. So I tightened my news down to .020. Those plugs were the tightest plugs I've ever taken out. Is this common with E85? The threads were all tacky and it wasn't anti seize. Also the car made 920 @6500 a month ago prior to my trip to the track. Does that HP seem pretty close on this setup?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Did one side of the plugs already and 2 of the 3 were gapped at .030 the other 2 were .025. So I tightened my news down to .020. Those plugs were the tightest plugs I've ever taken out. Is this common with E85? The threads were all tacky and it wasn't anti seize. Also the car made 920 @6500 a month ago prior to my trip to the track. Does that HP seem pretty close on this setup?
Who know what that tackiness is, i would have guessed anti seize. Keep us posted if the new plugs and tighter gap clears up the issue.

Power depends on what the engine build is. Mine on d1x and 4.0 made over 1100. But my engine build is fairly robust.

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Does the distance of the boost reference matter? My vacuum block WAS about 2 inches away from the throttle body just laying on top of it. I moved it from there and added about 2 feet of hose. You think that would be an issue? I am guessing not but just retracing my steps. I'll update you on the plug issue as soon as my new tensioner comes in. Thanks again man!

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Whats up everyone? First post here, I will try to keep it short. I am having some issues with my car, I just bought it used and trying to work through some issues. The car as stated above has a D1X with a 4 inch pulley, making around 18lbs. I bought it basically for the platform and it is a pretty much a track only car. I have made 3 hits, first pass ever went a 9.79@144 but third gear is acting weird. I had no clue what tune was even in the car so I had Rob @PBD make me one. That did not fix the weird pulse I am getting in third gear. I have been trying to fix this 3rd gear issue for a month now and cannot figure it out. The 1-2 shift is perfect, but once I get around 5500 in 3rd the rpms start jumping around everywhere and the car seems to take forever to build boost and finally shift into 4th. My most recent thought is maybe it is plug blow out, the car runs 18lbs, any thoughts on what gap to run these 6510s at? And does that cause pulsing? I though of belt slip, because the belt on the car was a 660 inch (1 inch longer than required) I replaced it but noticed the bolt on the bottom of the tensioner was stripped and the adjustment bar was bent lol. Currently waiting on the new parts because I know that a bigger belt and or stripped tensioner cold cause boost pulsing. I have also in the meantime ordered a fully built 6r80 thinking it was my 3/4 clutches. This damn things driving me nuts. Thanks in advance for any replies.
You don’t think maybe Your running out of fuel
Sponsored