Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Hey All

Who here has a FM GT with a Lund tune?

I'm after any pointers when ordering.

Stuff like Performance Pack. Is that a US option?
98 octane petrol/93 pump?

Anything else?

Thanks
Stu
Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I looked at Lund and other US options but in the end had it locally tuned when I put the headers on.

Rightly or wrongly, I got worried about a canned tune when they became very vague regarding a question of our high sulphur fuels.

Very happy with the local result. Sorry this hasn't answered your question but I remember having similar questions to yours myself.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Where did you get your tune done OzS550

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT
I got a Lund tune, still within 6 months so I haven't posted a review yet but so far it's been excellent. Their 93AKI (98 here)tune was too aggressive for our shit 98 fuel so they tweaked and detuned it a bit. Let them know your fuel is garbage (or in yank language - your gas is trash) as when they ask you to datalog it first with their starter 93 tune it'll send the knock sensors off a bit. Funny thing was, Coles Express/Shell produced better data results compared to BP in my area. Probably something to do with the age of the stations rather than anything else as most petrols here other than the garbage spec stuff like Puma come from the same refineries before they add their "special blend".

For mine I had the "normal" mode throttle response bumped up to what they set their "sports+" mode as, and I had the transmission shifts turned down also about 20% as their one was too aggressive for me during winter. Limiter was also raised to 7500RPM as I requested.

I looked at Lund and other US options but in the end had it locally tuned when I put the headers on.

Rightly or wrongly, I got worried about a canned tune when they became very vague regarding a question of our high sulphur fuels.

Very happy with the local result. Sorry this hasn't answered your question but I remember having similar questions to yours myself.
Funny that, I went the other way around. I liked how Lund would sort of tweak bits and pieces to your liking as long as it was safe to do so while the local people selling tunes were actually just canned tuned with no tweaks and was priced 20+% higher even with the shit AUD conversion rate and shipping during covid times. Honestly they probably do the same thing here where they do a base tune and just tweak little bits and pieces on the dyno except you don't get to say what you like driveability wise and you have to pay for another dyno/tune day if you don't like what they give you. Maybe it's just me having bad luck with shit mechanics but somehow Lund on the other side of the world seems to deliver better customer service than I get locally.
Sponsored