AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I ordered an extra key, and now have 3 total. 1 for me:champagne:, 1 spare locked in the safe:muscle:, and 1 programmed as valet:bandit:...does nothing for the revving, but limits top speed to 100km/hr (60mph) and locks "my" settings where I left them.:rockon:
Keep in mind, you can have multiple keys that you can program yourself. You don't have to buy GT500 Fobs, I use typical ordinary mustang Fobs. You must have two master keys to program additional keys. I would put the original keys in a safe place and get additional Fobs for everyday use.
From what I remember on my '16 CS the second key could be programmed to anything you wanted. I remember reading not to program it too slow and not to create a safety issue, like the max speed being 45mph and the highway speed is 65 :D

But I am considering getting a everyday key and store both keys away. No one will be driving my car, Anyone has a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
From what I remember on my '16 CS the second key could be programmed to anything you wanted. I remember reading not to program it too slow and not to create a safety issue, like the max speed being 45mph and the highway speed is 65 :D

But I am considering getting a everyday key and store both keys away. No one will be driving my car, Anyone has a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice.
That's what I do. Good luck trying to find shelby key fobs. Very hard to find. I have a spare for my 18 base R, but otherwise normal mustang fobs work fine.

Programming is a pain in the ass though. Very temperamental and the steps have to be done in perfect order to be a success. It took me many attempts each time i tried

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's what I do. Good luck trying to find shelby key fobs. Very hard to find. I have a spare for my 18 base R, but otherwise normal mustang fobs work fine.

Programming is a pain in the ass though. Very temperamental and the steps have to be done in perfect order to be a success. It took me many attempts each time i tried
I'll just go to my ford guy at service, if I bring it to him he'll do it if need be, he's always cut me breaks on things or found ways around it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'll just go to my ford guy at service, if I bring it to him he'll do it if need be, he's always cut me breaks on things or found ways around it.
Roger that. I'm just trying to save you money. Those shelby fobs are very expensive. The only thing thats different is the cobra on the back.

As for the programming part, I get it. If he will do it for nuttin, then go get em.

If you change your mind, the procedure is in the manual to DIY

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Roger that. I'm just trying to save you money. Those shelby fobs are very expensive. The only thing thats different is the cobra on the back.

As for the programming part, I get it. If he will do it for nuttin, then go get em.

If you change your mind, the procedure is in the manual to DIY
Sounds good, but I'll see, if I can get a every day fob that works then I'll use that, doesnt have to be oem or a cobra. I just my car here first the rest is secondary.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You might be right, but every time I hit to update ford pass it is telling me its updating and when its done it updates to "now". I guess I will know for sure come tomorrow when it gets picked up. I really hope it does update that would be great to keep track of it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You might be right, but every time I hit to update ford pass it is telling me its updating and when its done it updates to "now". I guess I will know for sure come tomorrow when it gets picked up. I really hope it does update that would be great to keep track of it.
Please keep us updated. I'm interested in the outcome.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Please keep us updated. I'm interested in the outcome.
Does not work...:curse::angry: I even tried unlocking and locking the doors, probably scared the crap out of the driver if he went into the box trailer, but I got nothing. I figured if I unlocked the doors it would wake it up, apparently not. I really wished it worked.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Does not work...:curse::angry: I even tried unlocking and locking the doors, probably scared the crap out of the driver if he went into the box trailer, but I got nothing. I figured if I unlocked the doors it would wake it up, apparently not. I really wished it worked.
That's disappointing. I was thinking it would work, as it seems so stupid for it to not work.
What happens? Simply does not update the location, even though you ask it to update and it afterwards says it updated?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's disappointing. I was thinking it would work, as it seems so stupid for it to not work.
What happens? Simply does not update the location, even though you ask it to update and it afterwards says it updated?
Correct. But I did get lucky in a sense, but now I have to call the transport company, but the car was started @about 9:30am in Ohio, and according to the transport company I am the first drop off there should be no other pickups, I'm curious why the car was started. But its in Ohio now.
Sponsored