Rear License Plate Bracket

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
Looking for a bracket to mount to the car and then the plate to the bracket. Have a nice machined aluminum one for my Focus RS and want to protect my paint similalry on the Mustang. Thanks in advance. Searched high and low on the interwebs.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Looking for a bracket to mount to the car and then the plate to the bracket. Have a nice machined aluminum one for my Focus RS and want to protect my paint similalry on the Mustang. Thanks in advance. Searched high and low on the interwebs.
I was looking as well and didn't find any Mustang specific holders just these universal mounts. Maybe one of these would work?
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Li...1&refRID=QB604YGH7RTCC7THKFA5#customerReviews

https://www.amazon.com/Trunknets-In...VJ4KKKT4WA2&psc=1&refRID=R7FSJ90R5VJ4KKKT4WA2

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an option
stick-rubber-feet/s?k=stick+on+rubber+feet

Place 1 at the bottom of each corner, back side of tag.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I would stick round feltac pads on the car under where the corners of the plate will sit. That way the plate will only rub on the feltac not on the paint. The feltac will not hurt your paint and will peel off when you want. I thought about putting the feltac on the back side of the plate but if the plate moves or vibrates the feltac would then be rubbing the paint.

Reactions: dps

Sponsored

Lifeownedme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Don't try to order a carbon fiber plate frame from CJ Pony Parts, they suck. Apparently, "in stock" means they exist somewhere in China and we will get them reboxed and shipped someday with these guys.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still trying to imagine the plate rattling. Is it when the car goes over a bump, not. Are the cams so radical, the body buzzes, plate rattles, don't think so.

The silly plate if someone takes the time to look. Can see the bottom edge of the plate is held off the body.

The front bumper, if a plate be required. I could see a reason to want to protect the finish.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Don't try to order a carbon fiber plate frame from CJ Pony Parts, they suck. Apparently, "in stock" means they exist somewhere in China and we will get them reboxed and shipped someday with these guys.
Picked up my GT350 this past Fathers Day. The following Monday I ordered a few things but don’t remember where I got the CF plate holder. I did make sure to not cheap out on it and am not disappointed. No plates yet.

OP
OP
MisterScott

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I ordered one of these from Amazon. Thanks all.
I also have this one, it's great.

Hey guys I’ll assume you can still put a nice carbon fiber frame over that holder. Right?
That's a good question - it's made out of silicone, is flexible/floppy without a plate in it, and I suppose a guy could simply sandwich it underneath another full frame.

The Road Well Heeled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage
I also have this one, it's great.

That's a good question - it's made out of silicone, is flexible/floppy without a plate in it, and I suppose a guy could simply sandwich it underneath another full frame.

I have a silicone license plate frame and purchased it because I didn't want a plastic or metal frame to rub against the paint. I ordered a White one for my HEP R via Amazon and am pleased with the purchase.

https://rightcarsolutions.com/products/silicone-license-plate-frame
Sponsored