2020 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Order Guide

Pokenfun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP, GMC Sierra 2500 HD.
Are there any Ford insiders here? I know the Ford Flat Rock GT line is shut down in order to build respirators. I have a 2020 GT350 order in that was placed back in March, 2020. I have also heard the GT350 will no longer be built after this year.

I don't want to settle for a used car - been waiting too long and things finally fell in place. Plus, I just love the Iconic Silver (new for 2020.)

So, any guesses as to when the GT line at Flat Rock will re-start? Will they tool-up to build the remaining GT350's on order? Hopefully Ford won't just give up, call it a day, and move on the the 2021 Mach 1's! I've asked my dealer and the response was just to be patient. Well, I am patient, but some real news would be good.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Are there any Ford insiders here? I know the Ford Flat Rock GT line is shut down in order to build respirators. I have a 2020 GT350 order in that was placed back in March, 2020. I have also heard the GT350 will no longer be built after this year.

I don't want to settle for a used car - been waiting too long and things finally fell in place. Plus, I just love the Iconic Silver (new for 2020.)

So, any guesses as to when the GT line at Flat Rock will re-start? Will they tool-up to build the remaining GT350's on order? Hopefully Ford won't just give up, call it a day, and move on the the 2021 Mach 1's! I've asked my dealer and the response was just to be patient. Well, I am patient, but some real news would be good.
I am not an insider, however I read last week that the Flat Rock plant is scheduled to reopen next Monday, the 18th, but it will only be a single shift per day. Other plants will be reopening with two shifts instead of the normal three.

This information was from an article about the slow reopening of the state of Michigan so I would think it is fairly reliable.

I am in a similar situation, I ordered a GT500 in November and am also waiting for the car to be built. I have a scheduled build date of June 1st but I am not sure if that date will stick.

Good luck!

Pokenfun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
I am not an insider, however I read last week that the Flat Rock plant is scheduled to reopen next Monday, the 18th, but it will only be a single shift per day. Other plants will be reopening with two shifts instead of the normal three.

This information was from an article about the slow reopening of the state of Michigan so I would think it is fairly reliable.

I am in a similar situation, I ordered a GT500 in November and am also waiting for the car to be built. I have a scheduled build date of June 1st but I am not sure if that date will stick.

Good luck!
Thanks rhino20. Good luck to you too. I'd think that re-opening the lines would be a big deal. So there will likely be some more news about the plants next week.

Pokenfun

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks rhino20. Good luck to you too. I'd think that re-opening the lines would be a big deal. So there will likely be some more news about the plants next week.

Pokenfun
Update from Ford. Flat Rock is scheduled to open the week of May 25th.

Sponsored

Pokenfun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Update from Ford. Flat Rock is scheduled to open the week of May 25th.
Thanks for the update. Is this from the Ford website, or some other source?

edit: never mind. Found an article in the Detroit Free Press.

By the way, my dealer told me I would know my car is "on the line" once I receive a vin number. Since your car was ordered a few months earlier than mine, did you ever get a vin number? I've also heard that they build the 3 different GT models in batches. i.e. a few 350's, then a couple 500's, then one or two 350R's, and then back to the straight 350. So that effects delivery dates too.

Once the vin is issued, its 3 - 4 weeks before ready to ship. All GT's get 5 days of quality checks before they ship. Shipping can be a goat rope. Once out of the factory, your car either moves or sits - depending upon the whim of the teamsters.

Cheers,

Poke

Last edited:

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I was planning to order a GT350R this weekend and my dealer told me it could have a delay of 5 or 6 months. Also are you guys really sure that GT350/R will be discontinued for 2021? Because Dodge won’t change the Challenger Design due this pandemic season. Maybe Ford could take it in mind and extended more The GT350 production at least one year more.

And the most important question: Worth the idea to order a GT350R before they have gone? (thinking on engine fixes, transmission, parts in general)

linjy2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Evo
When does the 2020 order bank close? also are people paying msrp if ordered or some discount still?

Bigron2005

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
When does the 2020 order bank close? also are people paying msrp if ordered or some discount still?
i placed an order July 27th for a HEP R and paid $5k ADM. My car just got assigned a vin today and the scheduled to week is October 19th. So you might have a shot still.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
i placed an order July 27th for a HEP R and paid $5k ADM. My car just got assigned a vin today and the scheduled to week is October 19th. So you might have a shot still.
What’s the last four of your vin?

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Hi Big Ron- glad to see that a person placing an order (relatively) late in the model year is getting a VIN fairly quickly. I ordered a base 350 on 31 JUL (at MSRP) and just got an updated order number yesterday. The first order number I got (on the day I placed my order) never worked at all on the Ford Performance chat site, they always said they didn’t have a record of it in the system there. I got the updated order number from my dealer too late in the day yesterday to check it w Ford Performance, will do so on Monday.

My fingers are crossed that I’ll be a week behind you the whole way, i.e. that I’ll get a VIN by 21 AUG. Can you let me know how your process went, with regard to getting an order number (did you too get a revised order number and then get a VIN a week after that?)

Had the rumor not come out that this was the last year of the GT350, I wouldn’t have tried an order this late in the year. The pandemic chaos can’t be helping either.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
So if they do discontinue the GT350, will it be known which one is the last in line? Might be kind of neat to own the “Omega Man” of GT350’s.......at least until they bring the marque back again.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So if they do discontinue the GT350, will it be known which one is the last in line? Might be kind of neat to own the “Omega Man” of GT350’s.......at least until they bring the marque back again.
I would suggest that the last 350 will likely be a Ford exec car, and probably a HEP R. @PP0001 may have more insight on this, which is why I’m eyeballing VIN 2269 closely.
Sponsored