How to set default state for Nav address searches

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost Premium HP engine, Velocity Blue
It's too hot for me to go outside to confirm this--forgive me. But I think my car autoupdated to the new version of Sync. I now have a problem that when I tell nav to find an address, it uses Michigan as the default state. Not Tennessee, which it used before. Anyone know how to set the default state for address searches? I've fumbled around through all the settings controls I can find and found nothing. Maybe it's a voice command? I swear, I never told it anything about Michigan.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
It's too hot for me to go outside to confirm this--forgive me. But I think my car autoupdated to the new version of Sync. I now have a problem that when I tell nav to find an address, it uses Michigan as the default state. Not Tennessee, which it used before. Anyone know how to set the default state for address searches? I've fumbled around through all the settings controls I can find and found nothing. Maybe it's a voice command? I swear, I never told it anything about Michigan.
I went back outside (awful in this heat) and tried a variety of voice commands all to no avail. I'm about to update the maps, though. Maybe it'll help.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Do you have your home address programed in? If so, maybe try deleting it and re-entering it

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I remember seen a similar issue reported on the Cyanlabs forums about a bug in older 3.4 builds. Please list your current Sync version and build. Also you current NAV version.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I thought the default state was based on your GPS location. The only time i have had to change the state is when i want to navigate to an address in another state.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I thought the default state was based on your GPS location. The only time i have had to change the state is when i want to navigate to an address in another state.
This is correct. I might suggest a master reset. Tends to fix a number of ills.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Do you have your home address programed in? If so, maybe try deleting it and re-entering it
Just FYI it has been suggested that your exact home address never be used in case of theft. I use an address on the other side of my community. Close enough if I need it.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Known nav bug. When the latest 3.4 update goes live again for MY20's (hopefully this weekend), update and it'll clear it up. If you need to use it short term, just use "Find an Address in Tennessee". Once that’s updated, you can use "Find an Address in <Some City in Tennessee>". "Find an Address in Knoxville" for example.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
Known nav bug. When the latest 3.4 update goes live again for MY20's (hopefully this weekend), update and it'll clear it up. If you need to use it short term, just use "Find an Address in Tennessee". Once that’s updated, you can use "Find an Address in <Some City in Tennessee>". "Find an Address in Knoxville" for example.
After I would change state to Tennessee with Sync, the next time I searched for an address, it would default to Michigan again. That though was with me not specifying state, which I what I posted about. I'm being lazy. But someone on this thread had the solution!

Sponsored
OP
OP

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI it has been suggested that your exact home address never be used in case of theft. I use an address on the other side of my community. Close enough if I need it.
Thank you so very much for this info. I will go forth and apply and also share with friends.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
After I would change state to Tennessee with Sync, the next time I searched for an address, it would default to Michigan again. That though was with me not specifying state, which I what I posted about. I'm being lazy. But someone on this thread had the solution!
Yeah it’s a bit of an odd bug. It wasn’t notifying the location at start up so it used the default, Michigan. Once you drive a bit and it registers a location for voice to use, then it’d switch to the state you’re in. The permanent fix is the latest build.

OP
OP

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
Following your advice, I set the county jail as home and the federal courthouse as work.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Good choices. As is local rowdy bar.

Following your advice, I set the county jail as home and the federal courthouse as work.
Sponsored