Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500(July 8 birthday), 2021 Ranger Tremor
Thanks Tob and Tom.

Met Jaime and his wife along with Jeff and all our travel was without issue. Great people for sure.

I’m currentLy up at 0100 after crashing around seven, typical for me, so I figured rather than just sit here with the better half sleeping in the other room, I’d be productive. :-)

I have the road course turns memorized and I think I will be able to follow my brain image while driving, we’ll see.

No doubt the other two will have a few things to say so I won’t spoil the party but suffice it to say, the three of us are like ten year olds on Christmas Eve.
The rest of us are expecting lots of pics and videos from you guys. Enjoy the crap out of this experience!!! I am hearing there are more dates available in Sept and Oct, looking to get myself booked into one of those.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back to the hotel from having dinner. I won’t get to process the pictures from the USB drives until this weekend, but here are some pictures from my phone. Talk later, thanks for all the pointers and well wishes.

6832DF1D-825C-4F55-A221-8CA3D1B00FA3.jpeg

019FCAAC-1774-4333-B4C5-74BCF8339183.jpeg

990F7C3C-DAD1-422B-8801-7392A269724E.jpeg

5C88CCBD-BB25-40B2-B154-6BD4C0DF6D94.jpeg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That last photo is what it's all about. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That last photo is what it's all about. Looks like you guys had a great time.
I think I'd rather hug real cozy style with the chick in the back of the photo.

Glad you all had a great time.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I as well will try to get the USB processed this weekend. Great time for sure. I have tracked before but the banks in Charlotte are a different feeling. Have run mine on the track and now theirs and all day no heat Soak and no break fade either car. The Track Attack is probably more fun then one should be allowed to have in one day. Jaime and KB just amazing people doing it with friends makes it even better.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, heard from two of you but not KB. Eagerly awaiting his perspective too!

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I think I am waiting on what he comes up with as an avatar after this event

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I thought I saw him over at the pawn shop selling off his polishing machine.

You know, imagine what he could do with a CFTP on the track. I bet that notion has crossed his mind.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Home again and for a nut job homebody like me, that was a mighty good feeling. I was pretty sure Jaime and Jeff would chime in as their day wasn't quite as long as ours.

But, since I'm up after only three hours of shuteye, I figured I'd be productive. :=)

I don't want to duplicate the ooooo's and ahhhh's from Jeff and Jaime except to say that it was without a doubt, one of the best days of my life. I could probably write pages about the experience but I also don't want to spoil the fun for those who will be attending in the future.

My only previous experience was a few passes at the local drag strip when I was seventeen. Nonetheless, I loved both types of racing but as others have said, running the quarter in this car is so easy that a tall enough ten year old could do it but…the exhilaration is hard to describe. I think Tob's "Thumbs Up" photo pretty much says it all.

One tip since I'm an image-kinda guy, the people running on the right side are closer to the photographer. <grin> There isn't anything you can do, (I don't think,) to change your position from the start but they do let everyone run both sides, (or I THINK they did.) I haven't counted the slips but there must be at least ten.

And then there was "The Track," oh my God.

Tom: When we showed up to the garage, someone said they thought they had some Track Pack cars now and of course it got my attention. That wasn't the case but it didn't matter a wit to me because other than the drag strip portion, I couldn't push the Base car anywhere NEAR its limits on the track. But yes, I certainly wondered what it would have been like BUT, only briefly. Heck, it took all I had just to try and do what I was told. <chuckling>

As an aside, I was quite surprised at the number of air travelers. Both DFW and CLT looked pretty normal to me traffic-wise.

Honestly, I don't know how you folks who pursue this hobby do it…well, I do and the answer is age. As MUCH fun as it was, it was also pretty hard on the bod and it sure gave me a better idea of what so many of you do regularly. HS. And then someone mentioned Le Mans and I immediately had an enormous increase in respect for people like Carroll. Unimaginable but had I been thirty, I think I might have tried to pay for another WEEK. <smile>

I gave it all I had and did get better at it over time but I got critiqued pretty often. They must have spotters with radios, if not, those instructors are unbelievable, they saw everything.

Then, after the third session in the afternoon, you get to ride with a pro. She made me look like a putz but dear God could she drive that car! If you bring a guest, they get an opportunity to take a lap as well and while my wife LOVED it she did say she was hanging on for her life. I think this shot sums up her experience. :-)

upload_2020-8-14_3-19-15.png

As Jaime and Jeff said, it'll take a few days to process the images and Jaime confirmed that those who choose the Racekeeper option, all get the same set of photos (almost eight HUNDRED,) on the one thumb drive with videos on another one. I have only previewed a handful of those but I'll put a clip together and post a link soon. Ditto for the photos.

Intensely exhilarating sums it up for me.

Now, I'm gonna try and get some more sleep.

(And Jim, I'll try to live up to your avatar expectations.) <smiling>

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I saw him over at the pawn shop selling off his polishing machine.

You know, imagine what he could do with a CFTP on the track. I bet that notion has crossed his mind.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:
(And Jim, I'll try to live up to your avatar expectations.) <smiling>
KB,

Glad all had fun. Doing the track is quite the experience.

So, you are bringing your TP to Daytona in December and tracking with @Tomster and I ??

:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Glad all of you had a great time! It almost should be mandatory to attend with the purchase of the car.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Nice meeting @Jmeo , @Dunk812 and @kilobravo During the Track attack !
Thanks it was a blast being with you in our group on the track even though we was probably the 2 most experienced people there, I was holding you back a lot. For those that dont know the5 actually races and wow he is good, he continued to push me as well as even pushing the instructor, I think even beyond what the instructor was comfortable with, having all the other not as experienced people on the track. I track 5 times a year and have a blast but following these guys was amazing I learned more from the instructor and the5 in 3 20 minute sessions then I have learned in the last several years. It's an expensive but fun hobby for me so that's fine but we always want to get better. If you have bought a GT500 and you don't plan on going to the track attack you are making a huge mistake.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'm back and halfway there. <laughing> I'd be rich if I could charge my old hourly rate for the time spent. <grinning>

But, I'm pretty worn out so my replize will be minimal.

No chance I'll be taking my girl to Floreeda, Jim but thanks for the offer and I expect plenty of video and images from you guys.

I know I spent hours in front of the confuser today but I'm sure the exhaustion I feel is more related to Wednesday than today. I remember how rough football was, even with pads, hated getting my hands stepped on by real cleats, back then..especially when it was cold.

SOOOooo...I have enormous respect for all of you who can do this hobby nearly effortlessly and, do it well. I'm sure I could get better but I'm past the age of hanging with the youngsters.

It sure was nice to be using THEIR cars instead of mine. <smiling> I never hesitated to push the car to my limits and I sure found out that I didn't know squat about the vehicle. I don't think I ever lost traction once on the track. I was way too fast..and often..learned that quickly and, the importance of the brakes. The instructor told me that its the most important pedal and I believe her.

I couldn't help but think how much more physical torture it would be to run a '60's Ford GT at Le Mans. I know they thought they had technology but comparing even that car to the 500 isn't a fair shake. The stability was downright amazing.

Anyway, for me the best part was getting to meet my forum friends, Jeff and Jaime, (and The5) along with Sarah. I'll never forget that part.

Meanwhile, as I said, half done. Here are the fifty-seven images I chose for my gallery. You can swipe on a phone or just click the right or left side of the image to move back and forth on a confuser.

The video is about half done, maybe tamarra.

Laterz,

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two things. First, KB, I'm gonna start calling you Hollywood. You clearly fit the bill in those shots and look to be way too comfortable on that day.:)
Second, you must have been hauling ass much faster than everyone else. White cars defy negative acceleration forces and cut through the wind like a hot burrito fart at a packed bingo hall.
Sponsored