OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
thank you for all your suggestions. really appreciate all the help.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
dealer add tint, nitrogen filled tire, and some kind of bs environmental friendly crap another $1500
Wouldn’t touch this car for $33k. Dealer is a crook. God only knows how those miles were put on the car.

It's actually a good thing to beat on the motor right from the start.
So long as it’s the owner who’s doing it. :)

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So long as it’s the owner who’s doing it. :)
Well......the engine don't know who's beating on it. Gettin' them rings seated, getting some real heat-cycles through it, that's what matters. It seems from reading here, that it's the engines that are babied from the start that have oil consumption issues.

My car had (IIRC) 50-75 miles on it when I bought it, didn't care. And it's fine.

EPTS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I got close to $8k off on my 2019 PP1 in Nov. 2019 which had 250 miles on it.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
World's best two negotiating tools are:
#1 Knowledge - i.e. rebates, market pricing, inventory levels etc.
#2 Your backside walking out the door. They'll call.

Make sure you go in at the end of the month or better yet - end of the quarter. Late in the day also helps - they want to go home and they may "fold" faster. Good luck.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
We have a local Honda dealer who does this, The sales manager takes all the new cool cars home and lets his daughter drive them before he puts them for sale. Then the cars hit the show room with 1500 miles on them and they say oh no its a new car so its full price. IM like um its got 1500 miles on it its not new. They say yes it is because its not ever been registered. Mean while car sits there with water spots. the underside of front lip curbed and the tires wore down by 1500 miles. its a used car. The real issue is that this manager takes all the high dollar cars from each line home. He drove an acrua nsx around for about 1k before putting it on lot and let his daughter take the new type R (when it was new) out for a month before selling it as new because of mileage and not being registered. Then they took in a gt350 mustang as a trade with low miles and he also took that home for about 2 months before selling it. the guys a dirt bag.

OH also just look around Ive seen better deals on new cars with no miles. Hell my 52k windows sticker car was only 39 out the door after all the deals , rebates and incentives plus the dealer really needed to sell a car. They actually took 2 k more off the top to get me to buy it that day. they just came right out and said we need to sell a car today we haven't in 3 days. so my point is just look around deals are a plenty to be had.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I got close to $8k off on my 2019 PP1 in Nov. 2019 which had 250 miles on it.
Same. Bought my GT PP1 in May '19 and it has 62 test drive miles on it. 9k off sticker is what I got them down to.

1750 is absolutely laughable for a demo car.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Personally, the milage wouldn't worry be at all. Some cars are used as salesmans/manager perks. Others may be driven between dealerships. Doesn't really matter it's really unlikely anything is damaged because of it. And it will have a new car warranty.
The fact that the dealer refused to price the car accordingly would bother me. I would absolutely not buy it without a reasonable and significant price discount. The dealer may be waiting for that one person who wants it bad enough to buy it at retail but it shouldn't be you.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that dealer is looking for a dumb ass to buy that car DON'T be that dumb ass !

OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
so, after looking around I find a mustang gt premium 401a, auto, B&O in Arizona msrp $45,615. Dealer list price on the car gurus for $40,136. you guys think that is a good price or should I negotiate some more?
it will be five hundred some miles trip break in drive back
thanks

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
We have a local Honda dealer who does this, The sales manager takes all the new cool cars home and lets his daughter drive them before he puts them for sale. Then the cars hit the show room with 1500 miles on them and they say oh no its a new car so its full price. IM like um its got 1500 miles on it its not new. They say yes it is because its not ever been registered. Mean while car sits there with water spots. the underside of front lip curbed and the tires wore down by 1500 miles. its a used car. The real issue is that this manager takes all the high dollar cars from each line home. He drove an acrua nsx around for about 1k before putting it on lot and let his daughter take the new type R (when it was new) out for a month before selling it as new because of mileage and not being registered. Then they took in a gt350 mustang as a trade with low miles and he also took that home for about 2 months before selling it. the guys a dirt bag.

OH also just look around Ive seen better deals on new cars with no miles. Hell my 52k windows sticker car was only 39 out the door after all the deals , rebates and incentives plus the dealer really needed to sell a car. They actually took 2 k more off the top to get me to buy it that day. they just came right out and said we need to sell a car today we haven't in 3 days. so my point is just look around deals are a plenty to be had.
Did you say "Honda" and "Cool" in the same sentence? Lol. The latest Honda Accord?