This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I love the STYLE of the rims, just confused about the finish. They appear as a flat dark color that does not match the rest of the cars accents.
They purposely used a unique to Mach1 (per Carl Widdman) flat magnetic grey finish on all surfaces (mirror caps, top grill surround, badges, spoiler, and lower grill). The wheel color to me appears as its own color that seems 'off'.
Also, when looking at the car at Carlisle, the rear valence retains the GT500 unique scalloped details molded into the plastic, but uses plain GT finish on the lower door and lower front fascia.
Again, certain details seem 'off' when looking closely. Why not continue the exact magnetic grey color to the wheels, or maybe offer a silver finish option.
Maybe I am being too picky but for a 50+K priced car is it too much to ask?
I do love the stripes.
I don't understand why they don't have the center of the spokes on those rims polished to really call back to the mag 500s.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's what we call a sleeper. Like when you drop a built 429 into a '75 granada with a good muffler on it to keep it quiet until you open the dumps.
I’m cool with sleepers, but I wouldn’t really call this car a sleeper... it’s still just a Bullitt Mustang’s engine, so it’s not going to be an absolute monster in the straights or anything. I’m into sleepers in the sense of a pair of low mount twin turbos with the charge piping covered up by a stock intake and stock exhaust to keep it quiet

yeah, he recommended a place up near him, I've got to get back with him to get the name once the time gets closer to order. But I really need 2020 to turn around soon, otherwise it may dash my plans. starting to get a bit worried. I've been waiting over 20 years for this, this is the perfect year for me for a new Mach 1, park my red 71 and 21 mach ones next to each other.. I may have to sell my 4 yo son to pay for the car, really don't want to do that (j/j....)
I might have to get with him then. I talked to a local dealership about it, but they were supposed to email me info after talking to the sales manager. I’m thinking the sales manager probably said “HELL NO” to a no-ADM deal on a HP Mach

Hope things turn around for ya man!

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I’m cool with sleepers, but I wouldn’t really call this car a sleeper... it’s still just a Bullitt Mustang’s engine, so it’s not going to be an absolute monster in the straights or anything. I’m into sleepers in the sense of a pair of low mount twin turbos with the charge piping covered up by a stock intake and stock exhaust to keep it quiet

I might have to get with him then. I talked to a local dealership about it, but they were supposed to email me info after talking to the sales manager. I’m thinking the sales manager probably said “HELL NO” to a no-ADM deal on a HP Mach

at least your dealer knew what it was. I went to mine a a couple weeks ago to talk about the Mach 1 and the Bronco, they had zero knowledge of either. This was AFTER the bronco reveal.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
at least your dealer knew what it was. I went to mine a a couple weeks ago to talk about the Mach 1 and the Bronco, they had zero knowledge of either. This was AFTER the bronco reveal.
I made sure to specify that I wanted the MUSTANG MACH 1, not “that electric crossover thing” LMAO

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1

I contacted on dealer (around the block from me, horrible reputation) and they wanted $25k ADM! I’m on the hunt for a dealer on Long Island, NY with a reasonable price.

Sponsored

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
There are going to be two different buyers for the Mach 1. Those who want to relive the car from the 70's and its history will want the stripes and keep the exterior as original as possible. The other buyers will want a 480HP GT with a Tremec and coolers. They could care less about the history and for them the stripes are unnecessary.
i like the mach for what it is and its history but imo the stripes are just too much for me. i like clean and subtle looks. plus its been gone for 17 years and to me deleting the stripes and doing the black roof makes its more "up to date and modern"

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I contacted on dealer (around the block from me, horrible reputation) and they wanted $25k ADM! I’m on the hunt for a dealer on Long Island, NY with a reasonable price.
Your dealer is on some very serious drugs. It's been quite a few years since I've lived up your way but reasonable dealers and Long Island seems like an oxymoron. Best of luck to you.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
LOL!!! 2 door or 4? :cwl::crackup:

4102a2d1d4d6994f3ed8499cd82727cc.jpg
4 door man, but you gotta tub the rear some, but you need to put some steel rims with the hub caps so it's not very suspicious.

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
if they want 25k adm just tell them youll go get a gt350 instead lmao

Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
if they want 25k adm just tell them youll go get a gt350 instead lmao
They did the same on the GT350. And it’s been sitting in front of the dealership for about 3 years now. It’s a shame though, I bought my first mustang from them 25 years ago. Now I wouldn’t trust them with an oil change.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
They did the same on the GT350. And it’s been sitting in front of the dealership for about 3 years now. It’s a shame though, I bought my first mustang from them 25 years ago. Now I wouldn’t trust them with an oil change.
I live on Long Island too and will be in the market for a Mach 1. Let me guess which dealer wants 25k ADM. Is it Levitown Ford? Bought my Mustang there and they were asking outrageous ADM's on the Shelby 350's

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I live on Long Island too and will be in the market for a Mach 1. Let me guess which dealer wants 25k ADM. Is it Levitown Ford? Bought my Mustang there and they were asking outrageous ADM's on the Shelby 350's
Nope. I live in St. James and it's around the corner, so that may give a hint.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
OK...this is pretty messed up right here. These are the places that really shouldn't be selling cars at all. It's a shame the way we have to buy these cars and either play all of these games with ADM and/or BS options added to the car as a quick money grab or incompetent dealers......
Sponsored