Sponsored

Get windows tinted but NOT do side quarter windows?

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I'm planning on getting my windows tinted soon. One pet peeve of mine or one thing that bothers me is how the side quarter windows come out. Some would agree they look rather strange and don't give a "clean" look because of the dots on the inner window. Something to do with tint film not adhering to the the window properly because of these dots on the glass.

My question: Has anyone here got their windows tinted and NOT do the side quarter windows and just get the 2 sides and rear done? My thinking is if the interior of the car gets darker inside because of the rear and side windows being tinted, these may cause the side windows to appear to be tinted also or at least not noticeable as not being tinted.

Anyone's thoughts on this?

Thank you,
Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I did not tint my rear quarter windows because I install the Roush scoops on the windows. I wish I had because the inside of the scoops are visible from inside. Depending on body color and other factors, you have lots of options. A lot depends on whether you actually use the windows.

Jakester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Ecoboost Premium | Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I tinted my rear quarters, they do look a bit darker than the front sides because of that border, but it looks great in my opinion. I don't feel like tinted gives a bad look at all.
I ended up doing all my windows (except the front) at 35%, though I do wish I went a little darker on the quarter windows and even the rear at times. Though at night, it's perfect because any darker I feel would be too much of a hindrance. The tint shop I went to did a fantastic job. You really can't notice anything unless you are really scanning the car close up.

P.s. Get Ceramic Tint if you can, 100% worth it!

Also, here are just some examples if that helps at all!

20191125_144213~2.jpg
20191226_190111.jpg
20191125_140947~2.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Too big of an area to just leave it not tinted, would look pretty silly to me that way. There are some decals you can place on the outside to cover it entirely if quarter window covers aren't your style though.

Sponsored

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost Premium HP engine, Velocity Blue
@Jakester, what tint did you do on the windshield?

I tinted my rear quarters, they do look a bit darker than the front sides because of that border, but it looks great in my opinion. I don't feel like tinted gives a bad look at all.
I ended up doing all my windows (except the front) at 35%, though I do wish I went a little darker on the quarter windows and even the rear at times. Though at night, it's perfect because any darker I feel would be too much of a hindrance. The tint shop I went to did a fantastic job. You really can't notice anything unless you are really scanning the car close up.

P.s. Get Ceramic Tint if you can, 100% worth it!

Also, here are just some examples if that helps at all!

20191125_144213~2.jpg
20191226_190111.jpg
20191125_140947~2.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My detailer tried to talk me into the doing my windshield also; I should have gone with the very lightest they offer in ceramic for the windshield. I went 35% ceramic on all the other windows.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My detailer tried to talk me into the doing my windshield also; I should have gone with the very lightest they offer in ceramic for the windshield. I went 35% ceramic on all the other windows.
Windshield is 1000% worth it. I just did 80% ceramic, and the amount of extra comfort and reduced glare is astounding.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm thinking I'm going to have it done. Too bad my detailer is over 2 hours away, but I would think the local shops should be able to handle a simple windshield tint.

Windshield is 1000% worth it. I just did 80% ceramic, and the amount of extra comfort and reduced glare is astounding.

Sponsored

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I would recommend not tinting them if you want to save money and know you are going to put a rear louver on, you can always get decals to cover the whole window and lay the louver on top.

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
I'm thinking I'm going to have it done. Too bad my detailer is over 2 hours away, but I would think the local shops should be able to handle a simple windshield tint.
The windshield is the hardest piece of glass to tint correctly. Any imperfection and your eye will catch it.. The heat rejection is nice, but I didn't have mine done on my Mustang, due to some of the experiences I had with my previous truck and ceramic tint on the windshield.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The windshield is the hardest piece of glass to tint correctly. Any imperfection and your eye will catch it.. The heat rejection is nice, but I didn't have mine done on my Mustang, due to some of the experiences I had with my previous truck and ceramic tint on the windshield.
You are right about that but you just have to find the right installer. Ask to see some of their work, especially windshields. I had mine done and am very grateful I did. The difference is astounding. And yes, the install was perfect too.
Sponsored