Sponsored

Temprature control not showing the actual temp

Peer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an used 2016 V6 with basic interior and have a question about it.
The temp control is working but doesn't show what temperature its at. So i can turn it all the way to the left so the AC will blow at 100% and also can turn it al the way to the right which actives window heating. But i can's see anywhere what the actual temp is, it should show me on the screen right?

Is this a known issue with this model? Thanks so much!
Sponsored

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
I don't believe the base has that, only the premium

OP
OP

Peer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
But it has climate control so you should expect to show at least something like a temp?

Is anyone with basic interior that can verify this for me? thanks in advance.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
The 2017 v6 basic car that I had did not show a set temperature. If you are too warm, turn it a bit towards cool. Reverse if you are too cold. Realistically, I found that once I found the spot, I didn't have to change it much.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The climate control is weird, the system is automatic in all models, but with the base screen and dials, you can't choose a specific temperature. It just shows the bar on the screen that goes up and down. That's it. The computer knows what you're asking for, but it doesn't tell you. That's privileged information for non peasant cars, haha.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Peer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
Thanks guys! But the strange thing is it doesn't even show a bar. Just nothing. It feels like a dummy button this way.

I i dont want to get an ecoboost just because of the interior but now im reconsidering, haha

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks guys! But the strange thing is it doesn't even show a bar. Just nothing. It feels like a dummy button this way.

I i dont want to get an ecoboost just because of the interior but now im reconsidering, haha
I don't think it's that serious, its old school where you just feel it out until you're comfortable.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think it's a bit worse than old-school. With old-school knobs you could always tell what the current setting was.

Untitled.jpg

Nice and easy. No problem at all.
An electronic dial with no indication at all is a totally different matter. :)

OP
OP

Peer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
Yeah exactly, at least you can see the setting.

Is anyone that can confirm it should show at least a bar or something? This way i can confirm its a glitch so i can bargain the price a bit down.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah exactly, at least you can see the setting.

Is anyone that can confirm it should show at least a bar or something? This way i can confirm its a glitch so i can bargain the price a bit down.
It’s not a glitch, it’s the way the system works. Don’t like it? Get a car with the Sync 3 8” screen. Problem solved. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Peer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
Or upgrade to a aftermarket 8 inch screen like Raxiom?

OP
OP

Peer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
Great idea. You might be able to upgrade to Sync 3 but I'm not sure if it possible with the V6 since it did not come with the larger screen.
Apperently it is possible:

So i'll kill two birds with one stone. Getting rid of the 1990's look display and (hopefully) make the temperature control more user friendly.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Apperently it is possible:

So i'll kill two birds with one stone. Getting rid of the 1990's look display and (hopefully) make the temperature control more user friendly.
Great. Wasn’t sure the V6 had the necessary wiring since Sync 3 wasn’t an option.
Sponsored