Resonator X-Pipe Delete?

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Been researching which one of these to buy and looking for recommendations to make the choice easier. From a purely cost stand point it looks like the Steeda is the least expensive and the Borla Switchfire is at the very high end. Is the Borla that much better? Have listened to it on YouTube and it doesn’t impress me! Also looking at the Flowmaster, Roush and FPP. So many choices. Input appreciated since this will be my first mod.
Sponsored

george g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2004 gto
American muscle has the SR brand for $125.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Been researching which one of these to buy and looking for recommendations to make the choice easier. From a purely cost stand point it looks like the Steeda is the least expensive and the Borla Switchfire is at the very high end. Is the Borla that much better? Have listened to it on YouTube and it doesn’t impress me! Also looking at the Flowmaster, Roush and FPP. So many choices. Input appreciated since this will be my first mod.

The switchfire does have a different tone. It is more smooth than the standard xpipe. I have the swtichfire and I am very happy with it. That being said it does hang a tad lower and since I also did the FRPP Track kit my car sits 1.5" lower and I have some weird angles in my drive way. I have to creep and go over it at an angle or I rub. Also someone actually saw 6-7 rwhp on his 500rwhp NA S550. One thing I would say is buy a stainless steel unit not just aluminum piping, you can get some cheap units out there but they are aluminum not stainless steel.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have the steeda one but I haven't installed it yet. It's not a true crossover like some, and apparently that can affect the "smoothness" of the sound. But I've also heard on here that most people can't tell an audible difference between any of them. Just stick with one that's 303 or at least 409 stainless and you should be good. It's also really difficult for cell phones and regular video cameras to capture how it actually sounds in real life because the pitch is pretty high.

Deleted member 35775

The switchfire does have a different tone. It is more smooth than the standard xpipe. I have the swtichfire and I am very happy with it. .....
i just replaced my Steeda H-Pipe with the Switchfire for the summer (even though there's nothing wrong with my H-Pipe). i always use Track mode AE and (to my ears) the Switchfire is definitely raspier, a little louder, has a smooth mellow tone, and when you get into the 3.5 -5K RPM range (a.k.a. punch it) it growls! downshifting with rev-matching engaged is louder as well. it's a personal choice and both pipes sound good to me. in my case, COIVD inspired me to install the Switchfire which was sitting in my garage for about 5 months. as @Dave2013M3 says... "i'm very happy with it".

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Limit selections to one made from 304 ss. Some of the cheapest version use aluminized steel that can rust and not last.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a video of the Steeda unit:

Good value for the price!

TJ

OP
OP
Lgb0250

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Here is a video of the Steeda unit:

Good value for the price!

TJ
Decided to go with an H Pipe rather than the X and ordered it from your site yesterday. I just like the sound of the H better than the X. X is probably better for the younger generation but I’m an old guy who came up during the muscle car era so the H fits that better IMO. Thanks

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have a video for that too :) - we appreciate your order!

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500

Sponsored

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lethal Performance with the Corsa Double H-Pipe hits perfectly

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Limit selections to one made from 304 ss. Some of the cheapest version use aluminized steel that can rust and not last.
409 stainless is good too... may get a little surface rust but won't rust out like aluminized systems.

I've had an X, the Steeda H, and the Magnaflow Tru-X resonated X and preferred the H with the stock mufflers.

I DO NOT recommend this H-pipe. Tried it and the expanded end was too small for the stock pipes to fit into, and the smaller end was so rough I had to file it then apply grease to get it into the clamps:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2020-Mustang-GT-5-0-H-Pipe-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Resonator-Delete/192879805848?fits=Model:Mustang&hash=item2ce8884598:g:cEMAAOSwbdFfCHWs:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!15642!US!-1

Last edited:

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
409 stainless is good too... may get a little surface rust but won't rust out like aluminized systems.

I've had an X, the Steeda H, and the Magnaflow Tru-X resonated X and preferred the H with the stock mufflers.

Here's the cheapest stainless H-pipe I've ever found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2020-Mustang-GT-5-0-H-Pipe-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Resonator-Delete/192879805848?fits=Model:Mustang&hash=item2ce8884598:g:cEMAAOSwbdFfCHWs:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!15642!US!-1
what are your thoughts between the Resonated X and a true H pipe? I’m looking for a lower beefier sound and don’t really want something crazy loud, but I heard the resonated x might kill the volume even more than stock? Stock is decent volume but I wouldn’t want it quieter really, but I don’t want to be screaming loud on cold starts either.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD