Sponsored

TRACK BATTLE - 2020 GT500 CFTP vs GT350R RACE CAR!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
He's not always an asshole

but when he is
he's an asshole
:)
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I was surprised how well the base GT500 w/4S tires performed on track. I was hardly trying and easily cutting lap times better than my GT350TP with Cup2ā€™s. Canā€™t wait to wear these out and buy some Cup2ā€™s. Hereā€™s my G readings for that day:
DDA13618-A056-45A3-B3F5-0B1F33F96E36.jpeg

And those brakes! I never even got into ABS. Wasnā€™t trying very hard as this was my first event in this car and the ambients were about 100* most of time.
Heard the very outside compound on the OEM 4S is different than majority depth.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
"Denial functions to protect the ego from things with which the individual cannot cope.

In many cases, there might be overwhelming evidence that something is true, yet the person will continue to deny its existence or truth because it is too uncomfortable to face.

Denial can involve a flat out rejection of the existence of a fact or reality. In other cases, it might involve admitting that something is true, but minimizing its importance. Sometimes people will accept reality and the seriousness of the fact, but they will blame other outside forces."

Said mathematically, GT500>GT350.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
"Denial functions to protect the ego from things with which the individual cannot cope.

In many cases, there might be overwhelming evidence that something is true, yet the person will continue to deny its existence or truth because it is too uncomfortable to face.

Denial can involve a flat out rejection of the existence of a fact or reality. In other cases, it might involve admitting that something is true, but minimizing its importance. Sometimes people will accept reality and the seriousness of the fact, but they will blame other outside forces."

upload_2020-8-10_15-3-41.png
to keep the butthurt at a minimal? ;)

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mathematics and emotions are not congruent.

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
...and he doubles down. The point was - generally considered tacky to go to a forum for a car that you don't own and talk about the great decision you made on your own car. At least you got a good color combo - I could be biased though.
Wait what? I went to this forum because I saw a thread about GT500 vs R and watched the video. I'm not even sure I noticed that it was in the GT500 section until now. I guess I'll take more care to stay out of here from now on if me saying I like the car I bought because I liked it is too hot a take in the wrong part of town lol. Maybe I wasn't expressing myself well enough: there's room enough for both cars. There's no way I couldn't have respect for the GT500, a factory 10 second car that is a solid daily driver and also beats the GT350R around the track is an incredible thing. I have nothing against it. It just means it was good product planning on Ford's part, they made a faster car with tech that doesn't appeal to me, so everyone can be happy, including us losers with objectively inferior cars apparently. That's all I was trying to say. If you find that an affront to you or the GT500 that I don't automatically regret my purchase...seems oddly sensitive to me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many of us had GT350's so we're aware of how good it is. I loved mine but wanted more, hence the GT500. It delivers on all counts in my book.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Many of us had GT350's so we're aware of how good it is. I loved mine but wanted more, hence the GT500. It delivers on all counts in my book.
As Tob stated, some of those here ā€œhadā€ a GT350. In my case, I still ā€œhaveā€ mine. Both the GT350 and GT500 are awesome cars on their own and are a blast to drive. Thatā€™s why I kept both.
Now, about that congruency thing....havenā€™t heard that term since college. Many engineers on this forum. :cwl:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ford was smart to only allow a 4S tire on the Base car. Looks like it kept some R model owners very happy.
I would suggest that even if the Base GT500 came with Cup 2 tires that still would not have been enough to sway many R model owners over to the GT500 side of the fence.

There is no question that the GT500 and CFTP cars cater to a certain set of automotive enthusiasts just as the GT350 and R model caters to a different set of automotive enthusiasts therefore would suggest that there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to owning either of these outstanding 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby models.

:clap::clap:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ummm.... OK.....

This.....

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Wait what? I went to this forum because I saw a thread about GT500 vs R and watched the video. I'm not even sure I noticed that it was in the GT500 section until now. I guess I'll take more care to stay out of here from now on if me saying I like the car I bought because I liked it is too hot a take in the wrong part of town lol. Maybe I wasn't expressing myself well enough: there's room enough for both cars. There's no way I couldn't have respect for the GT500, a factory 10 second car that is a solid daily driver and also beats the GT350R around the track is an incredible thing. I have nothing against it. It just means it was good product planning on Ford's part, they made a faster car with tech that doesn't appeal to me, so everyone can be happy, including us losers with objectively inferior cars apparently. That's all I was trying to say. If you find that an affront to you or the GT500 that I don't automatically regret my purchase...seems oddly sensitive to me.
Please. Not the victim thing. Did I say anything about loser or inferior car? I had your exact spec...nevermind...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think its been said, but most of the guys who had 350s are buying and raving about the 500s.

The man himself, the one who developed the 350, 350R, 500, and 500R (as i call it) said without a doubt, the GT500 CFTP is exponentially better in every way than the GT350R.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a base R and an electronics package R, but it is clear to me which one is going to get its ass kicked by the other.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Please. Not the victim thing. Did I say anything about loser or inferior car? I had your exact spec...nevermind...
I owned a 2020 GT500 not long ago and so I feel like I can comment to share my thoughts on it. I have no regrets purchasing the car but just wasnā€™t the car for me. Having never owned a GT350R I canā€™t personally share my thoughts on that car yet though I have one on order. Though that was the car I was originally purchasing before the 500. Regardless in this 500 forum if you make any negative comment towards the 500 then people seem to be sensitive like millennials even though they are much older. Just my two cents.
Sponsored