Sponsored

Phoenix PX6 Review...

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I see lots of people asking for outside air temp on this unit. does not yalls dash have the temp on the top ? every car I have had from the last 10 years has had the outside temp on the dash including my 2019 mustang.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I see lots of people asking for outside air temp on this unit. does not yalls dash have the temp on the top ? every car I have had from the last 10 years has had the outside temp on the dash including my 2019 mustang.
Yes, the drive modes with the toggle switches on the bottom still work the same. Some have said they have issues with their traction control, but my base model shuts off traction control with no issues. The color of the car on the screen is always orange. You can install a picture over the top of it to get something else. I installed just a basic Mustang emblem and got rid of the silly MPH and RPM gauges, since they are on the dash to begin with. There is a YouTuibe video showing how to do this.

On the base models, the outside air temperature is shown on the Sync-1 stereo/center head unit, not the drivers dash. So, it is lost when you install a new head unit. However, I installed a wi-fi ELM-327 OBDII reader and Torque Lite app which has the outside air temp. I posted a pic of this on Page-4 of this thread. In your case (Premium model), if outside air temp is already on the drivers dash, then you have nothing to worry about. It will stay there as always.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
so on the premium mustang gt with sync3. does anyone know or have this and know, does the unit still allow the emergency 911 calling and also can you still access the cars 4g modem to allow full time internet? I know with the new px6 android 9 model the premium version you move the sync board over to the unit. but has anyone with this actually tried and does it work? those two features?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
how did ya get these on the screen all the oil items? on the gauge cluster? I know its not related to these radios. But had to ask.
Screenshot_5.jpg

desynk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Are these still plagued with glitches? I kind of wanted one but saw a lot of people were having problems. Have their updates fixed everything? How often do they patch stuff?

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Are these still plagued with glitches? I kind of wanted one but saw a lot of people were having problems. Have their updates fixed everything? How often do they patch stuff?
IM on the facebook groups for these units. I researched them a lot before I got one. from what I see most ,like 95%, of issues were people doing it themselves and not knowing the proper way to hook it up. And once hooking up not realizing there was many setting you had to set for the car. People just found it easier to blame the units. I also blame the fact that the manufactures give zero instructions on how to set up or use them. From what I have seen the biggest issues were no audio and n back up camera after install. And almost every one of them ended up being user error. I ordered one I feel the ones for the Mustangs work fairly well since on our cars we transfer the sync unit over to it. The new units have android 9 and use the sync 3 unit(for newer cars). also there is a guy on facebook who rights firmware for them and everyone basically gets his firm ware and it resolves almost all issues. but if ya wanna wait a couple weeks till I get mine Ill let ya know.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Finally got it installed and working. ask any questions Ill try to answer. Yes all sync 3 functions work and all controls work. Mine is a 2019 gt premium with drive modes so I can only answer for that model year and options package.
20200826_151504.jpg

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Finally got it installed and working. ask any questions Ill try to answer. Yes all sync 3 functions work and all controls work. Mine is a 2019 gt premium with drive modes so I can only answer for that model year and options package.
20200826_151504.jpg
Can you customize the home screen so it doesn't display a picture of a stock mustang and get rid of RPM and mph gauges?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Can you customize the home screen so it doesn't display a picture of a stock mustang and get rid of RPM and mph gauges?
Thats just one screen. But yes. There are groups on facebook with people making custom screen. Its just files you replace. Can put pic of your car if ya want. Theres launcher apps.... if you can don it on a phone you can do it on this. For example i hooked up a wireless ps4 controller and loaded snes emulators and gave it a spin... you can do most anything
20200826_183546.jpg

hemank5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2018
Has anyone faced Battery Drain problem after installing this Unit? If yes, how did you resolve this.
I have PX6 8.1 from Phoenix
Mustang Ecoboost 2018

Sponsored
OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone faced Battery Drain problem after installing this Unit? If yes, how did you resolve this.
I have PX6 8.1 from Phoenix
Mustang Ecoboost 2018
Personally, No. I left my car sit for about a week once, while on vacation. Came back, and it started just fine. My radio doesn't have a sleep mode. if I shut my car off, I noticed after leaving the car off for about an hour, it does a full startup of the radio. Not that it's a big deal, because it only takes about 30 seconds or so to startup.

Rbriggs82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Does anyone know if it would work in a 2020 base model? It looks awesome and this 4 inch screen has gots to go!

carter242000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford mustang ecoboost base model
works great in my 2019 base

carter242000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name