Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That's Pat Morgan, Ford Performance Powertrain Manager.

The guy I'd love to sit down for a fireside chat would be Ed Krenz, Ford Performance Chief Program Engineer. I saw a quote where he said the GT500 was his life for 3 years at Ford. The stories this gentleman could tell. The sad part is that they won't get told, time will pass, and we'll never learn about what really went on behind the scenes.

002-2020-Shelby-GT500-Powertrain Ed Krenz  Performance chief program engineer - Copy.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's Pat Morgan, Ford Performance Powertrain Manager.

The guy I'd love to sit down for a fireside chat would be Ed Krenz, Ford Performance Chief Program Engineer. I saw a quote where he said the GT500 was his life for 3 years at Ford. The stories this gentleman could tell. The sad part is that they won't get told, time will pass, and we'll never learn about what really went on behind the scenes.

002-2020-Shelby-GT500-Powertrain Ed Krenz  Performance chief program engineer - Copy.jpg
Wow, I didn't realize it was a ford specific pig T shirt. I think I want one. It must have been something for all of them to get together and come up with a shirt like that. A little "in your face" perhaps?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It may go with some color combinations, but I would say that it doesn't with the majority of other combos.

Well, it's a neutral color, so it goes with everything, i.e., it's why I can wear brown shoes with a gray suit :D (if you're confused about this, go ask your wife ... :giggle:) I guess they wanted to created a little more uniqueness with the interior, not just fields of black (where you ask yourself, how much more black can this be ...?) But still, I totally get it, go gray, black or red - even my 401a/premium interior on my Orange Fury car uses light gray stitching, it's not too visible, but .... wut.

To be honest, I think the red calipers are worse, they're __not__ neutral, so get some bizzare mixes like bright lime green ... plus red. WTSF. Same thing here, and it probably just needed two options: [gloss] black and red.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it's a neutral color, so it goes with everything, i.e., it's why I can wear brown shoes with a gray suit :D (if you're confused about this, go ask your wife ... :giggle:) I guess they wanted to created a little more uniqueness with the interior, not just fields of black (where you ask yourself, how much more black can this be ...?) But still, I totally get it, go gray, black or red - even my 401a/premium interior on my Orange Fury car uses light gray stitching, it's not too visible, but .... wut.

To be honest, I think the red calipers are worse, they're __not__ neutral, so get some bizzare mixes like bright lime green ... plus red. WTSF. Same thing here, and it probably just needed two options: [gloss] black and red.
I have seen some people color match the calipers, and I think it looks ok on certain colors. Personally gloss black and red are the only two colors i would go with.

I have been thinking hard about this, incase its an option during the Shelby conversion, but I think on my FPB car, red is the only color that I would want. I do not think FPB calipers would look good. Then again, would they?

Edited 7/2/21: I spoke too soon.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have seen some people color match the calipers, and I think it looks ok on certain colors. Personally gloss black and red are the only two colors i would go with.

I have been thinking hard about this, incase its an option during the Shelby conversion, but I think on my FPB car, red is the only color that I would want. I do not think FPB calipers would look good. Then again, would they?
Red really pops against blue, it's a terrific secondary "highlight" color (with the correct primary color). In fact, I'd even add a little __more__ red (shelby lettering for example), people get a little too black + one other color (I'm glad I kept my Coyote badge red vs. getting too color matched with everything).

Color, do it ... I write this from my home office that's painted Flaming Sword Red :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So while you all talk about fashion faux pas, here is the video compliments of @shelbykr.

Are we going to talk about shoes and purses next?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny he mentions two people build & sign it, but everyone's engine plate only has one signature.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It's funny he mentions two people build & sign it, but everyone's engine plate only has one signature.
What? You dont want to talk about brown shoes with a grey suit?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Red really pops against blue, it's a terrific secondary "highlight" color (with the correct primary color). In fact, I'd even add a little __more__ red (shelby lettering for example), people get a little too black + one other color (I'm glad I kept my Coyote badge red vs. getting too color matched with everything).

Color, do it ... I write this from my home office that's painted Flaming Sword Red :D
One of my questions to Shelby for my car is if I can get Shelby lettering on the calipers.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
One of my questions to Shelby for my car is if I can get Shelby lettering on the caliper.
That WOULD be most cool, Jaime and these days, where there seems to be a price for just about anything, who knows, you might be surprised? (at both the availability AND the cost.) <smile>

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What? You dont want to talk about brown shoes with a grey suit?
Personally I like a light brown (tan) shoe with my grey and blue suites :sunglasses:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Are we going to talk about shoes and purses next?
Hahaha, showed my wife this thread, she got a good chuckle, she's offering fashion consulting services as needed. What do you want to know?

We can also talk about surfing, free climbing, MA __ and/or__ ML, how smart and sexy the aforementioned wife is, etc., etc. :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha, showed my wife this thread, she got a good chuckle, she's offering fashion consulting services as needed. What do you want to know?

We can also talk about surfing, free climbing, MA __ and/or__ ML, how smart and sexy the aforementioned wife is, etc., etc. :D
So, its not real without pics